Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love seeing all of these different protective styles from the ladies. I finally stopped being lazy with my hair and put some cornrows in. I'll have up pics on my fotki today. It looks really nice, and I'm happy that I won't have to worry. Now, on to keeping my hair moisturized. That's been my biggest problem: I know I'm now going to try and drink as much water as possible, and when I shower daily, wet it and put some oils, maybe my coconut oil mix. Since it's getting warm out, I think I'll lay off my sheabutter as anything other than a body butter. I'm going to try and keep these cornrows in for two weeks. I think I can if I keep my hair from getting dry/getting scratched out.

I'll definitely keep y'all in the loop
    I would like to say thank you to whomever it was out there that PANKED me! You're a true blessing

Search for a kingdom worthy of your soul

http://public.fotki.com/KreativeKoils/current-styles/

2. Likes fuzzy_slippers liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I knew all those years ago that my hair needed oil.

Not gel. Not grease. Not perms. Not hot combs. Not tiny extensions. Not tons of conditioner.
    http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Geo...on%20Dance.gif
    Why, yes! I am happy! How did you know?

4. Thanks hivierhair thanked for this post
    Likes hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I detangled and washed last night. I was a little apprehensive about what detangling would be like, but it didn't take any longer than it usually did. I used a wide tooth comb instead of my denman, though. There was no way a denman was passing through that. New cornrows will go in today.
    One benefit of going to the gym: increased arm stamina. Surprisingly my arms weren't really tired, yet it still took me 2 hours to detangle.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm doing a full on detangle and wash session tomorrow and thursday. I'm scurred.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been wearing only protective styles, lately.
    Just simple buns with flat twisted bangs.
    It only takes 5 minutes to do in the morning and i'm starting to love the way protective styles look ever since this challenge.

A lady my mom's age or older recently walked up to me before work and asked me for tips on maintaining natural/kinky hair and she asked me what I used, how often I washed, she told me her hair problems, too. I felt bashful during the conversation but it's great that i'm making a difference and am setting an example.
    :3

8. Likes KinkyChica, hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I want to get myself into the habit of doing my hair more often... I should be able to make it a part of my routine now that it is summer and I have a little more time to myself. I'll aim for once a month.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I did my hair the other day and it wasn't so bad! I used Naptural85's (youtube) yogurt dc and wash method. While my strands didn't exactly "melt apart" they were not that difficult to detangle.

While I am firmly APL all around (and BSL in many places!!!) my hair seems thinner than usual... I think breakage and excessive shedding is robbing me of denser hair. So I am going to try to do my hair every two weeks until I leave next month just so I can do incorporate scalp messages, dcs and regular oiling and moisture to my routine.
    Last edited by assia; 05-14-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair had gotten thicker and I was short on time, so used night twists as my day style one morning, about five weeks ago.
    The folks at work loved it; and I was so busy, I kept it up - redoing them every day (they'd mat if kept in too long).
    Went back to loose hair last week - it seems thicker, and moves. No tangled ends. Hardly any hair loss when combing
    Guess I did a protective style without planning to

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It took years but I finally found my super simple method to grow and retain my hair. My hair felt my smugness, and it now wants to not twist or twist out the way I want it to. So you know what hair? I'm going to take a break from you. I'm ain't giving you the time of day.

I've already braided/cornrolled my hair for the past couple of weeks. I'm thinking about doing this for couple of months to avoid heavily styling and manipulating my hair. I hope to see a bit of progress. I hope to be grazing BSL by the end of this year and hopefully WSL in two to three years.
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

13. Likes fuzzy_slippers liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure if i will be doing mini braids ever again. i have said that before and i didn't stick to it. but i do know i will not be leaving them in this long again. my cap is at 4 weeks max. the take down is not gonna be smooth.

with all this protective styling. taking my vitamins. drinking nothing but water. exercising and eat better...le sigh this hair of mine is still creeping along. i mean my hair has grown some but it has not taken off like i thought it would with all these changes. i'm gonna still keep on though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

15. Likes fuzzy_slippers, OHR liked this post
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast