Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alternate Health/Wellness Care: Chiropractic Therapy

I'd like any and all feedback on chiropractic therapies and results.

Tuesday I went in for my initial visit with the D.O. Later today, I'll review the scan and x-rays so at to figure out what exactly we need to focus on.

This bum right knee is giving me fits...and I figure if I can do what I can [without drugs and/or surgery] to address this discomfort, I'm willing to try.

Looking forward to your experiences! Thanks.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've completed my 3rd session on Thursday.

It's weird. After my 1st session, I experienced a sore throat for maybe 2 hours afterwards...the d.o. told me that was a good sign . I'm such a chiropratic newby lol.

My hope is that by the 6 month mark, my spine issues are resolved, and my knee issues are lessened as a result. Thankfully, my personal trainer is going to call my d.o. and together, they will create a treatment plan. That's what's up.

3. Likes Kurliez, Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am enjoying reading your experience .

You should be receiving much more personalized care by going to a Doctor of Osteopathy. I look forward to going to D.O's only in the future for my medical needs. Having someone who actually seems interested in your care without drugs or surgery being some of the first options is always a GREAT benefit.

I personally really like the fact that D.O's are medical doctors with more of a 'hands on healing' philosophy. They actually want to know about you and your emotional well being in addition to what is ailing you to get a big picture about your health. Although they can write prescriptions the focus is on more of a hands on healing approach as opposed to prescribing.

To me D.O.s are an awesome choice for those of us who want more of a holistic approach but still want our provider to be a fully trained and educated medical doctor .

Here are some links in case anyone is interested in the differences between chiropractors and D.O's as well as D.O's and M.D's.

http://www.mommd.com/whatisdo.shtml

http://www.princetonreview.com/medic...-medicine.aspx

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Doc...athic_Medicine
    Last edited by Cutie McPretty; 03-24-2013 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Added Text

Locs 2nd Set: April 3rd 2012 - Yup they're back

5. Thanks Intellexual, OHR, Kurliez thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Cutie
    Thanks, too for the links.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. I've decided to change my d.o. today. Mostly because I felt like she was trying too hard to 'sell' me on her technique [trying to add on services that I'm not interested in]...that and the fact that I felt that she and the other therapist didn't spend enough quality time with me. Five to ten minutes isn't enough time each session. So...I've switched! I'm now going to a d.o that was recommended to me my two of my teacher co-workers. He's not 'pushy'...straight talker...and rather than just rely on the table, he really, really gets in there to address my back & neck issues. Very much hands-on.

also
    I had my first experience with electrotherapy on my knee today. Does feel better. Here's hoping. The fact that he agrees with my primary doc regardin my knee issues goes a long way with me.

8. Likes Kurliez liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today is the first time that I'm experiencing some lower back soreness as a result of the treatments. It isn't bad...and I'd been told to expect some soreness at some point. The good news is that the D.O. feels that I need maybe 4 more treatments, then perhaps knock visits down to once a month or maybe every other month.

I gave the woman that does my nails the D.O.'s business card...she's considering checking him out.

I do feel like my body has changed a bit...I'm walking better.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's awesome that you're noticing some improvement! Any updates on your progress?

I'm scheduled to have my first chiropractic exam soon.

I don't have any pain, but I went for a massage at a chiropractors office (had a Groupon) and they noticed some trigger points.

I'm interested in having an evaluation just as a preventative measure and really liked the fact that they take a holistic approach to wellness.

I have flat feet, which I know may contribute to back problems as I age, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to start looking at things now to see where I am....
    "Health is a natural state. If you have sickness, remove the causes." - Dr. Graham

For FREE tips, resources, and classes on living naturally well, visit [url]www.CamilleDangerfield.com[/url]

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, CamilleDangerfield!

Just saw the chiropractor last week...and I've decided to go back once every month. I love the fact that the range of motion in my neck has increased and my right knee (although still a bit sore and will take time to heal) is generally better. When I workout, my movements are more fluid and my core seems more solid. I've started back to biking and have recently started making green smoothies w/protein for breakfast. Baby steps.

The one thing I love about this d.o. is that he doesn't coerce you into coming in more often that you feel is necessary. I don't like to feel like I'm being sold.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great! I wish you continued healing :-)

And green smoothies are AMAZING! Keep it up!

Green smoothies were the first thing I added to my diet when I started my wellness journey and my daily Snickers ice cream bar craving was eliminated in less than a week. I noticed an increase in energy too.
    "Health is a natural state. If you have sickness, remove the causes." - Dr. Graham

For FREE tips, resources, and classes on living naturally well, visit [url]www.CamilleDangerfield.com[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey FineWine!

Sorry about your knee. Have you considered Gelatin supplements?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast