Thread: Oil Pulling

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i don't know about castor oil. that mess is way too thick for me. and it tastes like vaseline in my opinion.

i think different oils will yield different results. like i have heard people who oil pull with olive oil but they also stated that over time it may stain your teeth. then others pull with coconut oil, and alecto like you observed the oil when pulled doesn't turn white it stays clear (i guess thats because coconut its white when solid, i don't know).

i'm sticking with sesame because i've done a bunch of research and asking others who pull, the majority suggest sesame oil. that is what is working for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

2. Thanks Kurliez thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ thanks. Did it today with cold pressed EVOO and it turned white. Teeth still don't feel any cleaner, but we'll see about breath and whatnot. Doesn't the sesame oil taste even after rinsing, since it's so strong?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I have read Sesame seed oil and sunflower oils are the preferred oils. These are also the original oils used for 1000's of years. Next is coconut oil.

5. Thanks Kurliez thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@alecto: no the sesame oil does not taste after at all. so don't worry about that.

i can say that my teeth are no whiter (at least not to me) but they have this special type of sparkle. i mean i loved my gapped teeth before but damn if i'm not over the moon head over heels in love with my gap now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't the reason for the oil to turn white is that the oxygen from the air + swishing of the oil = a white appearance?

Just askin'.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an intersting blurb about a mouthwash that combines oil and water to combat bad breath bacteria:

Over the past 25 years, we have been working on a solution that will reduce bad breath by interrupting the adhesion of the bacteria to the oral surfaces. We understood the potential of a two-phase, oil:water mixtures to remove oral bacteria and to combat bad breath. Initially, it was found that a high proportion of oral bacteria adhere to oil droplets. At first, this combination did not seem effective in improving the oral hygiene and were difficult to handle technically.
    Trying many different formulas and conducting years of experiments brought us a combination that proved itself both in experimental and clinical tests, and finally, in 1992, the prototype two-phase oil-water mouthwash was reformulated and introduced to the Israeli market (called "Assuta") and in 1996 to the British market (called Dentyl-pH). Dentyl-pH, patented by Tel-Aviv University around the world, is a leading mouthwash in the UK and control about 20% of the UK mouthwash market.
    This was created by Dr. Mel Rosenberg, and Israeli microbiologist.

http://www.tau.ac.il/~melros/mouthwash.html

http://www.dentylph.com.au/clinical.html- clinical studies

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried it again yesterday, still nasty but I could get used to it. My research shows that the preferred oils are sesame and sunflower. I use sesame, for me the taste lingers. I usually oil pull after brushing. To get rid of the after taste from the sesame oil, I rinse with cold water twice. I'm golden after that. My morning breathe wasn't so bad when I woke up.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^you might want to try oil pulling before you brush.

in the morning i rinse my mouth with water for a few seconds, then i oil pull for 15 mins, rinse with water a couple of times, brush, tongue scrape and finally rinse with hydrogen peroxide.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no I forgot to brush once before and I could not last 5 minutes! I had to stop brush then start over lol!! I have to brush first with homemade toothpaste ( baking soda, coconut oil and some EO) then after I am done I rinse out my mouth with a little baking soda and water it is suppose to get your mouth back to a proper ph.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have started this last year, but I haven't been consistent with it daily. I pull with grape seed oil, but I want to use safflower oil. I need to start back on using it daily instead of whenever. I really want to whiten my teeth naturally.
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast