User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Oil Pulling

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,544
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    26

    Default Oil Pulling

    I see the old thread is closed. I started doing this 2-3 weeks ago. I have been really into Ayurveda since learning about it in one of my classes in school. The first week I started the oil pulling my mouth broke out in a rash! It is now healed. I love how my breath smell fresh and my teeth and mouth feel so clean! It has also got me in the habit of flossing. Anyone else still doing this? http://www.nappturality.com/forum/sh...18-Oil-Pulling

  2. Thanks Sohful1 thanked for this post
    Likes Kurliez liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    11412 up the block & around the corner
    Posts
    12,032
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    yup i'm doing this. I have been oil pulling every damn day since mid Jan. I love it and I will be a puller for life.

    when I first started pulling my detox symptoms were just crazy mucous and a horrible sore throat. I still get phlegm in the morning but not like I used to when I first started. my gums, lips, tongue are pinker. i used to have bleeding gums and that is no more. what confirmed that oil pulling was for me is when I went to the dentist. my dental hygenist said i have really healthy dental tissues. I was totally sold from that moment on.

    In those first weeks I was gonna give up. I mean between the sore throat and the phlegm, I was totally done. but I thugged it out and I'm so happy I did.

    I use organic sesame seed oil. have no plans to change the oil I'm using.

    I haven't noticed the whiter teeth that others have raved about. still waiting on that. my my mouth and teeth look great.

    so far oils have been my friend. i oil pull and oil cleanse. these two practices have me glowing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

    Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

  4. Thanks jorjeni thanked for this post
    Likes jorjeni, Kurliez liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    1,278
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I tried this yesterday, uhmmm I don't know how I feel about it. I hate the taste of oil in my mouth. Will give it another try.

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,544
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phunkiesmallz View Post
    I tried this yesterday, uhmmm I don't know how I feel about it. I hate the taste of oil in my mouth. Will give it another try.
    I know right! The first day I was like I don't know about this LOL Now I kind of miss it when I don't do it. I was doing it twice a day but cut down cause I was detoxing to hard.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,544
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afroknots11412 View Post
    yup i'm doing this. I have been oil pulling every damn day since mid Jan. I love it and I will be a puller for life.

    when I first started pulling my detox symptoms were just crazy mucous and a horrible sore throat. I still get phlegm in the morning but not like I used to when I first started. my gums, lips, tongue are pinker. i used to have bleeding gums and that is no more. what confirmed that oil pulling was for me is when I went to the dentist. my dental hygenist said i have really healthy dental tissues. I was totally sold from that moment on.

    In those first weeks I was gonna give up. I mean between the sore throat and the phlegm, I was totally done. but I thugged it out and I'm so happy I did.

    I use organic sesame seed oil. have no plans to change the oil I'm using.

    I haven't noticed the whiter teeth that others have raved about. still waiting on that. my my mouth and teeth look great.

    so far oils have been my friend. i oil pull and oil cleanse. these two practices have me glowing.
    So glad to hear this is working good for you and your dental issues that is my main goal too. Once I learned how bad having poor dental hygiene was to you health and even weight loss sleep issues , digestion. I have been on the path to better dental care. I always brushed my teeth I can't go a day without doing so but I wasn't doing anything else and I was NOT going to the dentist for regular cleaning. I now am and have then already scheduled I hope my next visit she will see a difference !!!

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,216
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I am not familiar with oil pulling, but I am now intrigued! I may be giving it a try - not looking forward to the taste/feel of a mouth full of oil, but I'd love to experience those benefits!

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    11412 up the block & around the corner
    Posts
    12,032
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    i swear you get used to it. just swish while you are doing other things. time will fly by. i pull while i'm getting ready in the morning. by the time i oil cleanse, dry bush and wash up 15 mins is up.

    try to stick with it for at least a month. you will start seeing results sooner than that but give it at least some time. i've been doing it since jan and i'm just now noticing the benefits. i looked at my gums and was like damn they are hella pink and healthy looking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

    Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

  10. Thanks Kurliez thanked for this post
  11. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,544
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afroknots11412 View Post
    i swear you get used to it. just swish while you are doing other things. time will fly by. i pull while i'm getting ready in the morning. by the time i oil cleanse, dry bush and wash up 15 mins is up.

    try to stick with it for at least a month. you will start seeing results sooner than that but give it at least some time. i've been doing it since jan and i'm just now noticing the benefits. i looked at my gums and was like damn they are hella pink and healthy looking.
    I just took a video or tried to anyway of my gums LOL!! I want to see what they look like in a few months. Also I cut down on the amount of oil. I was doing 1 teaspoon but after a while with the oil and spit I could not keep it in my mouth LOL it would squirt out LOL so I cut it down to 1/2 tsp and I can handle that better. My favorite thing is I was having this problem with food always being stuck in between my teeth and smelling foul when I would try to get it out and it seemed like no matter how much I brushed my mouth never felt clean. Now I love the way my mouth and teeth feel and it helps get the stuff out from in between my teeth so I don't have that stink from that. I also do it when I am getting dressed while I am taking my shower or at night when I am online or watching TV. I set my timer and most times now it goes by so fast.

  12. Likes Kurliez liked this post
  13. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,144
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Just oil pulled today before brushing my teeth. I did it with Virgin cold pressed coconut oil. My teeth didn't seem cleaner, but the morning breath seemed to improve. Maybe the smell of the coconut was just masking it. Other than that, I didn't notice much else. Teeth were the same color before and after. There was a bit of phlegm coming up that wasn't there before, but that might not have been the oil.

    It also didn't turn white; it was just all clear. The amount of saliva greatly increased over the 17ish minutes, so it was hard to keep. I didn't find it hard or gross to do at all. I started with a 2 teaspoons, I might do less and perhaps try a different oil after a week or so. If this is something that keeps breath fresh for a long time, then it will be worth it.

  14. Likes Kurliez liked this post
  15. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,144
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Has anyone done this with castor oil? It seems like it would work best for mouth cleaning since it has cleaning properties. It's what I use to oil cleanse my face and does a better job of cleaning and wiping away neatly than EVOO.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Oil Pulling
    By guapa1 in forum Health and Wellness
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 10-30-2012, 04:36 PM
  2. Oil pulling?
    By MahoganyBeauty in forum Napptural Beauty
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 03:30 PM
  3. Oil Pulling
    By Samiah in forum Health and Wellness
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 04:27 PM
  4. Pulling Curls Out.....
    By TheSuperCoya in forum Help Me With My Hair!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 12:41 AM
  5. Pulling Hair/pulling Locs When Nervous/upset
    By Mirkat in forum Locs Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 06:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •