Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did this myth of "limited styling options" come from? My rarely looks the same from one day to the next!

Anyway, I'm supremely uninterested in any of Andre's products...he is free to sell whatever he wants and I am free to ignore him.
    Challenge Yourself.
    My Fotki: Becoming Natural Password: AuNaturel

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know a simple website builder? I only know of yola.com and weebly.com

Or should it be a blog? Or just a twitter account?
    ----------It is not the eyes that are blind, but the hearts - Quran 22:46 ----------
    ╔═══╗
    ║███║ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    ║ (o) Now Playing: Confessions of a Long Hair Diva
    ╚═══╝

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by underthehood View Post
    Anyone know a simple website builder? I only know of yola.com and weebly.com

Or should it be a blog? Or just a twitter account?
    If you go to the website route as opposed to just a twitter account, probably a blog would be easiest. You can get a free one with good modules and widgets and what have you at WordPress.com. Very easy to set up and get rolling. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deecoily View Post
    Will he have the "GRADES" of hair in it too for different products? Eg:

For Naturals with 3b we have the Good Hair Butter spritz cuz you don't need much
    For Naturals with 4a we have the Curl Def Cream so you can use half a jar to look more like a 3b.
    For Naturals with 4b we have the Afro Dampener cuz let's face it, that's the best we can do with yours.

:/
    i'm going to have to put that in my signature line.#brilliant

well...before andre's hair typing system i never even thought about my hair texture other than to think it was horrible and yes, needed relaxing. i've been around for a long time like lbella and it took quite a bit of prodding to get me to go natural. i had NOOOOO clue about my hair. i just thought i had bad hair! i didn't know it made circles or spirals (really, i didn't know! i thought it made scribbly lines that had no pattern). so for me, 4b hair was a fine label. i didn't feel bad about it. i've learned a lot about my hair and i know that numbers and letters don't accurately describe our hair types any more than it could our skin types or height. we're varied, but andre did what no one else did or has done (that other typing system is too confusing, sorry).

lets not forget it helped white women and women of color begin to have a discussion about hair that transcended race. i'm astonished that i've been able to get good hair advice from white women!

the problem isn't really andre. is it his fault how women have chosen to use his system? i can't tell you how many times people have had a sigh of relief that they didn't have 4b hair when they asked me their hair type.

it's not just andre and his hair typing but all the products that are geared toward defining curls. why? because women have demanded it! my daughter always says that she would like a product that knows her hair is nappy.

whether my hair type is called napps, small curls, kinks, 4b, 4c or cnapps-i don't care, but i'd love to have a product that was made especially for it. you'd think by the type of products available that almost all black women have loose curls.

sadly it doesn't seem like andre or many product lines really get it. until we, ourselves, stop wanting tamed curls, the products will cater to those who want silky straighteners but without the lye. (not you qhemet and oyin <3 and nothin wrong with kinky curly either (although it doesn't really do anything for me.))

lastly, he's smart to target fearful women, because that's who i was before i went natural. there are goo-gobs of women hiding their hair texture under weaves, extensions and perms. i'm all for choosing to relax or weave the hair, but many women hate their texture and are doing so out of habit and fear of scorn. andre should do better and reach farther, but i haven't seen oprah's natural hair look good YET. so, my expectations will be as high as if ultra sheen put out a line of natural products.

y'all can lemme know if any of it is any good.
    Last edited by frau; 06-27-2013 at 02:08 AM.

5. Thanks Intellexual thanked for this post
    Likes hivierhair liked this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567