Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Once upon a Time

If there's already a thread, link me up!
    Contains spoilers!!!!

I'm so pissed with the show this season! It's amazing, def., but it's all over the place. First, the most interesting people are the villains, like Mr. Gold and Regina. I personally hate Snow. I tolerate David/ Prince Charming, and I could do without Emma altogether. Those good characters are way too one note. We get it already, you're good. Try being interesting. Snow got a little underbelly when she killed Cora. First time since season 1 I enjoyed her screen time. But then she screwed it up by getting all angsty and emo about it. I don't get it. In the enchanted forest, Snow killed or tried to kill orges, giants,a dn everything else, with no hesitation. Even if you try to say that's immediate danger vs. a long-term grudge, there have been many times Cora/ Regina have placed her fam. in immediate danger. Why is it not ok to kill them? Are all other magical creatures fair game, except humans (esp. white ones. snark)?

Then, in the the last week in order to overcompensate for Regina being more interesting, human, and relateable, the writers have made her over-the-top evil! Killing a whole village? Using magic on Henry? I don't believe it. I hate it. I'm still cheering for her though. She's the only thing keeping the show from being a snooze with the exception of Mr. Gold and Tamara. At first I didn't know how to feel about first black woman character being bad-then I realized I loved it! It's the only way to get any decent representation. The major good slots are already taken. If another black good character came along they would be nothing but a magic negro- like Lancelot, whom I hated. Tamara has her own mind, which I appreciate. But it was totally unrealistic for Emma to know she was evil after two seconds- c'mon.

Evil Gold is hot. I'm glad Belle/ Lacey thinks so, but I do worry about what happens when they fall in love and share true love's kiss. She'll know all the stuff that he's been doing, then she won't love him any more. It's crazy. But maybe she'll be like Pinocchio/ August and forget everything.
    ~Sanity is Subversive~

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities~ Voltaire

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so I'm not the only one who is drawn into Gold's storyline-he is fun to watch. And at first I wondered about Belle/Lacey being attracted to him, but wth he keeps me fascinated. I don't mind Emma but Snow and Charming really don't seem to have much impact on me. I'm surprised they're together in real life because I don't see much of a spark between them on the show. Their son is the center of the whole show, though, and I think he is good. I do love this show but since they bounce back and forth between worlds so much, I must watch this show with no distractions!
    BC'd: June 2010
    Last perm: End of 2009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're together for real? Their chemistry sucks! That sex must be yawn city. lol
    ~Sanity is Subversive~

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities~ Voltaire

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just started watching this show like 2 days ago. I must have missed it. Wasn't there another fairy-tale based drama on tv? I'm on Season 1, Episode 7.
    AKA: fuzzy_slippers

Still Nappy. Still Happy, ya'll!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggly View Post
    Wasn't there another fairy-tale based drama on tv?
    You talking about Grimm? Once Upon a Time was recommended to me but I didn't like it as much as Grimm. Can't wait for the next season!
    ----------It is not the eyes that are blind, but the hearts - Quran 22:46 ----------
    ╔═══╗
    ║███║ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    ║ (o) Now Playing: Confessions of a Long Hair Diva
    ╚═══╝

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by underthehood View Post
    You talking about Grimm? Once Upon a Time was recommended to me but I didn't like it as much as Grimm. Can't wait for the next season!
    Thanks! I knew there was Merlin, but I knew that wasn't the one I was thinking of. I'm binge-watching OUAT, but I'll try Grimm next weekend.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I gave a couple episodes of Grimm a shot. It was alright. While Once did get kind of cheesy, Grimm was too much like a cop drama, which I don't really care for. Plus Regina's/The Evil Queen's wardrobes were hot. Every time she's on screen, I'm like

I want to just roll in her closets and sweep through corridors dramatically, wearing high collared dusters and leather pants.

There are even blogs and tumblrs about her fashion and decor choices.

The Evil Queen's Clothes

WWRW? - What Would Regina Wear?

And others.
    Last edited by Squiggly; 09-15-2014 at 01:48 AM.