Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikalia42 View Post
    Bought another jar of the Shea Moisture Raw Black Soap Purification Masque. One of the best deep conditioners I've ever used.
    Its my prepoo lovah

" Why travel down her natural journey, when your own is so unique ?" ~ Cerendipity

2. Likes hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am watching Deceived on tvONE and I promise you I see a member of the natural hair community!!!

She's a commentator. Her face, voice, mannerisms....IT'S HER!

The show should repeat again tonight.

She's a youtuber and a blogger. I know it's HER.

Omg!!! Whaaat???
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Semi-confession, I went into a new beauty supply store this weekend because I was bored. I hadn't planned on buying anything because based on the name and the many posters in the window, I thought it was Asian owned. Yea, I said it. To my surprise it was Black owned and operated. I got some shea butter, Taliah Waajid styling cream, and Jamaican black castor oil. I'm glad I went in there after all. This store was a good find.

When I told my coworker that I couldn't go to the mall with her because I was deep conditioning my hair it wasn't an excuse. Sweetie, this is an all day thing and I ain't got time for games.

I'm reevaluating my hair care practices and trying to come up with a sorta routine after all of these years. Ugh!

5. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty, Bithiya liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now I have a really good twistout that I got from adding a little water and oil to my still naked hair, doing 8 twists, and baggying. I actually considered how it would have come out if I had used some AVG. Lord, I need the natural police to roll through and arrest me. I don't need to be doing styles on my current hair. I need to wash it and use actual products !

ETA: washed with my new products and I must say that the new conditioner is quite lack luster . Also, the amount that I paid for everything just hit me! All natural products (ingredients of the exact same quality) run half the price of natural hair products. Until them prices become more reasonable, this is going to be my last purchase from one of these companies.
    Last edited by AfroIsland; 05-07-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    Big Chop: Nov. 14, 2007
    Current Length: MBL
    Hair Type: kinky-coily/curly, cottony, medium density
    GL1: WL (stretched) GL2: HL (stretched) UGL: Full SL wash n'go
    http://public.fotki.com/ckisland/
    ~ A million hugs to whoever PANK'd me~

7. Likes hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, i'm on the commercial natural product bandwagon right now. Not because I think it will create curls are minimize my shrinkage (insert booty lip here) but because I want to know how it will work compared to the actual natural products. Plus, I want to review them!
    "Love is patient and kind, Love is not jealous, conceited, proud or boastful, it is not arrogant, selfish, irritable or rude. Love does not keep a record of wrongs. Love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth, Love never gives up , and its faith, hope and patience never fail. Love is eternal." - 1 Corinthians 13 :))

MoNappy28-Holla! http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/soulstar79/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broke out the Purification Masque, rinsed, used my Giovanni leave-in, some Aloe Fix, sealed with an oil and diffused for ten minutes with my spankin' new diffuser attachment. My hair came out oh-so-fluffy, and my puff is like POW. I my diffuser attachment. Also glad I finally restocked on shea butter (even scored some aloe butter even though it's cut with coconut oil). I really did miss how it made my hair and skin feel. Glad to have it back in the line up.

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess I'll shoot for 3 more weeks with these braids...

I. Want. My. Bra-Strap. Length. Hair. Back!!!!!!!!!

*wipes tear*

Don't get me wrong. I lurves my hair and its growing back hekka fast...but

I was comparing the braidouts I get now, with my old ones. My braidouts were SL...but my actual length was BSL.

My actual length now is SL. So my braidouts don't look how I want. Sticking up and whatnot.

It's all good though. (I guess)
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AfroIsland View Post
    Right now I have a really good twistout that I got from adding a little water and oil to my still naked hair, doing 8 twists, and baggying. I actually considered how it would have come out if I had used some AVG. Lord, I need the natural police to roll through and arrest me. I don't need to be doing styles on my current hair. I need to wash it and use actual products !

ETA: washed with my new products and I must say that the new conditioner is quite lack luster . Also, the amount that I paid for everything just hit me! All natural products (ingredients of the exact same quality) run half the price of natural hair products. Until them prices become more reasonable, this is going to be my last purchase from one of these companies.
    What kind of conditioner did you use for the really awesome naked hair?
    Thank you to whoever panked me!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hivierhair View Post
    What kind of conditioner did you use for the really awesome naked hair?
    Aubrey Organics Blue Camomile Conditioner! I already loved it because it makes my hair get super happy and curl up, and the moisture lasts even once rinsed out.

I'm going to wash my hair again tomorrow because my hair SUCKS right now . My hair's not curly; it's not particularly moisturized; and it's breaking all over. Okay. Okay. I'm going to try again tomorrow and hopefully my hair will come out right.
    Big Chop: Nov. 14, 2007
    Current Length: MBL
    Hair Type: kinky-coily/curly, cottony, medium density
    GL1: WL (stretched) GL2: HL (stretched) UGL: Full SL wash n'go
    http://public.fotki.com/ckisland/
    ~ A million hugs to whoever PANK'd me~

13. Thanks hivierhair thanked for this post
    Likes hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notes to self after co-washing my mini-twists three days after putting them in (and 10 days after my last shampoo):
    - It's nice to have options: When they're freshly done, they look terrible hanging down but they can be pulled back easily. When they've been watered and have a chance to shrink and plump up, they're not as easily pulled back but they look MUCH better hanging down.
    - Remember to oil your scalp when wearing these because since you can't hide it completely (what with the thinning top and all) you don't want it to look dry.
    - You can DEFINITELY go smaller with these. Next time you do a full install (so to speak), use your mirrors to make sure you do a better job with the brick pattern grid.
    - Unless you're willing to cut these wannabe-type-2 gray hairs out, just leave them alone. They're not going to stay in these twists no matter what you do. Let's just hope that most of your hair texture stays the way it is as you continue to gray because God forbid you have to learn how to do your hair all over again after all these years...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast