Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That little jacked-up event at work today was the kick in the butt I needed to get myself motivated again. I lost track of my goals for a long while, but now I'm focused once again. Thank goodness I remembered to breathe in and out...I would have ended up punching that loud behind stank troll in the throat. I ain't got time for jail AND unemployment today.
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

something i noticed about office politics in general are how vulturous alpha types ruin it for everyone. this is not to explain my current situation, but the situation of those around me, including my relative working in the airport. these types throw their work on other people and disregard the feelings of others. they get away with doing so much foul shit! smh! but because of their ambition, these types usually get managerial role and use their shitty attitude to taunt others. i see it. i am glad i notice these types from a mile away - not just in the workplace but in my daily life.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad and scared i came into this thread. it has been awhile. but i need to put these thoughts out there and since this site is like my second home that i trust. i know that i can put these thoughts out there and feel free.

first off congrats lea. I needed some good news. this was the right day for me to come in this thread and see that you completed your masters. I have been struggling with mine. which leads me to my thought.

I had horrible time during my master's degree journey. so much so that I just left with no closure. I needed to get so many things in my life together. I'm glad that it all happened because I needed that experience to make me do better than I was. however the way I left things was all wrong.

so I have been getting things together and I'm making personal progress. now I have to get closure and complete my degree. today is the deadline I gave myself to reach out to my professor and one of the main dean's about getting back on course to complete my degree. I hope they will agree to meet with me and hear my story. at least that. I am also hoping that they allow me to finish up my degree given the way I left. I only have about 2-4 classes to complete. fingers and eyes crossed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

4. Thanks Kurliez thanked for this post
    Likes assia liked this post
    lea23 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    East Coast via MidWest... it is pop dangit
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Afroknots, I will add in some prayers for you. I hope you are able to at least meet to discuss your options. I wish you much luck in your journey, you can do it!

A version of a cliche finally happened to me after successful avoidance for 25 years. My puppy chewed up paperwork necessary for my new job. I'm just glad the ladies accepting the paperwork were dogs owners and very accepting as well.
    Last edited by lea23; 05-09-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    Last CFC: June 15th 2007
    BC: Aug. 4th 2007

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck, afroknots.

Summer 1 starts on Monday and I haven't heard back from the school yet. I'm assuming that I didn't get in at all but maybe they just won't admit me for the first summer session. If I don't get in it'll be weird for me; I honestly can't remember the last time I applied to a school and wasn't accepted.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afroknots11412 View Post
    I had horrible time during my master's degree journey. so much so that I just left with no closure. I needed to get so many things in my life together. I'm glad that it all happened because I needed that experience to make me do better than I was. however the way I left things was all wrong.
    Good luck on getting back into your program! You seem to have only one semester to go until completion and it would be a shame to lose all of those credits due to problems beyond your control. Hopefully they will understand the stress you were under at that time and let you back in.

I just finished my second semester/first year and the program is not what I had hoped it would be. I only stick with it because I only have 5 classes left and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. They are pushing me to complete a PhD but I am tired and fed up. I want to work and have resolved to do so for five years before I even think of applying to a PhD program.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you so much ladies. i really appreciate the encouragement. i needed it.

so i have a meeting scheduled with the dean. she stated that she was glad i reached out to her. i'm still waiting for one of my professors to get back to me. it has only been a day so hopefully today or by the weekend i hear from him. if not i will reach out again on monday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm about to graduate...first set of letters down..two more to go!

10. Likes OHR, Savantrice liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you, afroknots - that was quick! I hope that the meeting goes well, and you hear from your other professor by Monday!

Big CONGRATS to Poetic_Blue!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Department interview is on Tuesday, so I'm a little bit closer to being admitted. I'm not really worried about most of the questions, just the ones about why I left the other program. I need to choose my words very carefully so that it doesn't seem as if I'm bad-mouthing the program when I'm really just being honest about how awful it was.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast