Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loved me some Hawk! Hate that the series only lasted one season. I thouht it had a lot of potential.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

2. Likes LBellatrix liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might start using conditioner as a leave in. My hair is loving this conditioner I used as a prepoo! !
    Thank you to whoever panked me!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FINALLY twisted my hair last night. Took two hours to do small or medium sized twists all over. All I used was a spray bottle of water mixed with aloe vera gel and my shea butter mix. Glad I did it, my edges were taking a beating. Twists are longer than the last time I wore them (months ago) even with shrinkage considered. Progress.

Still planning to color my hair, though. ...Just gotta get around to buying the hair dye.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doing my hair today finally. i'm gonna try something from napturl85's latest video. i haven't worn my hair out in months. gonna wear the hair out and a colorful scarf that i'm gonna wrap into a turban type situation. hope the execution works.

okay so i have worn my hair in mini braids for like almost a year and i haven't seen significant retention like i was in the past. i'm done with them because they take too long to put in and to take down, especially since i'm not getting the retention like i have experienced in the past. they are just not helpful like that. i will still do protective styles because that is just the type of girl i am. so i'm just gonna stick to protective styles that allow for easy take down. end of story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

6. Thanks hivierhair thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ For me twists are a worthless as a PS because my hair breaks while putting them in, taking them down, and while their in .

Did a length check today, and my hair is actually longer (except in 1 area that I would love to do a rant/confession post about, but it would come off wrong). My bootleg attempt at measuring showed that I need 2 more inches to be WL!!! PROGRESS!! I could possibly see WL by my 6th nappiversary. It's been taking long enough .
    Big Chop: Nov. 14, 2007
    Current Length: MBL
    Hair Type: kinky-coily/curly, cottony, medium density
    GL1: WL (stretched) GL2: HL (stretched) UGL: Full SL wash n'go
    http://public.fotki.com/ckisland/
    ~ A million hugs to whoever PANK'd me~

8. Thanks hivierhair thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to wash my hair today without my usual long pre-poo detangling session. Just took 30 minutes to quickly finger detangle (really just pulled apart large tangles & noticeable shed hair) with a little oil, then did several big twists and jumped in the shower (I usually take 2 hours or more detangling before a wash).

I kept it in the big twists and pulled them back for the rest of my busy day, so I'm not sure yet how much I'm going to regret not doing a thorough detangling. I'll find out tomorrow...

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikalia42 View Post
    FINALLY twisted my hair last night. Took two hours to do small or medium sized twists all over.

I washed my mini-rope twists on Wednesday. Today is Sunday and I'm STILL not done redoing them. I'm guessing I've put in about 10 hours' work between then and now...and I've still got the middle back (the part that's covered by the rest of the twists that I've put into a ponytail) left to do.

I'm hoping it's just a matter of not doing a baking soda/conditioner/vinegar combo again...that was the first time I'd ever tried that with twists. I'm just nervous about going another three months without washing my scalp with something other than conditioner. That said, I'm using up this big-azz Tressemme Naturals bottle and it's silicone-free so maybe I'll be okay.

The other alternative (after I wear these twists for another three weeks) is to go back to wearing regular twists on a 14-day rotation: Wear them for 12 days (without wetting or washing them at all), wear the twistout on day 13, wash it on night 13 and let it air-dry stretched overnight, then reinstall on day 14.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But LBell, why I gotta get the side eye? (Note: I stopped doing mini twists all together BECAUSE they take me 10 hours MINIMUM. So I know your pain. )

Random Thought: Got the box of red(ish) dye. Gonna do this tonight. Yup. Cuz if it doesn't get done tonight, it may never get done...

12. Thanks hivierhair thanked for this post
    Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow is the holiday, we are celebrating today, and I don't have to work tomorrow, so I will be washing and deep conditioning my hair. Sooo....what kind of style you say? I don't have a clue!
    "Love is patient and kind, Love is not jealous, conceited, proud or boastful, it is not arrogant, selfish, irritable or rude. Love does not keep a record of wrongs. Love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth, Love never gives up , and its faith, hope and patience never fail. Love is eternal." - 1 Corinthians 13 :))

MoNappy28-Holla! http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/soulstar79/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My braidout was a fail. Sucker puffed all up on me . Now I have to do my hair over again. . . great.
    Big Chop: Nov. 14, 2007
    Current Length: MBL
    Hair Type: kinky-coily/curly, cottony, medium density
    GL1: WL (stretched) GL2: HL (stretched) UGL: Full SL wash n'go
    http://public.fotki.com/ckisland/
    ~ A million hugs to whoever PANK'd me~

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast