Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nappiness + Randomness = Synonymous Thoughts

Got some compliments on my Day 2 starting-to-shrink (no thanks to the rain) twist out from the nice ladies at Pret-A-Manger. One is transitioning and I let her know that she didn't have to chop until she was ready (she was happy to hear that). One of course had to ask "what do you have in you" and I said "the same thing as all of YOU". #POW Still made my day though.

Random Thought #2: I'm going to color my hair similar to Fusion of Cultures. But I'm coloring my roots in the front/crown and dying the rest black. ...Just gotta buy the red dye (still have those two boxes of black dye I bought a while back).

2. Thanks Bithiya thanked for this post
    Likes Kurliez, Bithiya liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you doing the poetic justice braids? Or braiding your own hair?

You'll get great results from ps'ing 6 months. Hekk, I saw nice results after 3!
    Most likely my own hair, I like the idea of extensions but hate actually getting them.

4. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in love with my new protective style! Hope I don't sound cocky, but I look cute with "locs".

LOL.

I feel like I'm home now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I starting thinking, if I leave this weave in until June 14, that's 9 weeks. I wont install another hairstyle for my birthday party.

If I take my hair out in two weeks then I have to pamper it for 2 weeks, then rush to do my hair on the 7th of June but my cousin flies in from out of town on the 7th and I can't leave her at the airport because I'm sitting in a chair getting my "hair fixed"

Can I really make it 9 weeks? Well if the 31st arrives and I'm still in this.... then yes I CAN!

" Why travel down her natural journey, when your own is so unique ?" ~ Cerendipity

7. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikalia42 View Post
    Got some compliments on my Day 2 starting-to-shrink (no thanks to the rain) twist out from the nice ladies at Pret-A-Manger. One is transitioning and I let her know that she didn't have to chop until she was ready (she was happy to hear that). One of course had to ask "what do you have in you" and I said "the same thing as all of YOU". #POW Still made my day though.
    First things first: Pret-A-Manger...sigh... If it hadn't been for that chain I would've half-starved in London...

Secondly, re genetic mixes: Good comeback... In the HIGHLY unlikely event I get asked that question I'll know what to say.

This is one of those things that I'm pretty sure I learned in high school back when science classes were a given. The vast majority of African-Americans are a mix of African and European (with a significantly smaller amount of indigenous American than was previously thought, according to current research) but that mixture appears in different ways and they're all good.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

9. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    First things first: Pret-A-Manger...sigh... If it hadn't been for that chain I would've half-starved in London...

Secondly, re genetic mixes: Good comeback... In the HIGHLY unlikely event I get asked that question I'll know what to say.

This is one of those things that I'm pretty sure I learned in high school back when science classes were a given. The vast majority of African-Americans are a mix of African and European (with a significantly smaller amount of indigenous American than was previously thought, according to current research) but that mixture appears in different ways and they're all good.
    Part One: There's a Pret across the street from my job, and I go there if I don't feel like eating from the Halal carts. Love the sandwiches! I've got more comebacks where that came from, trust me. Most of them can't be posted on this forum due to language, though. LOL

Part Two: Yeah, absolutely. My father is part Irish (from the Caribbean no less, and as recent as two generations) but I wasn't about to tell them that. They don't need the satisfaction of justification.

On another note: my twist out melted. Ah well. I'll pineapple it anyway and wear an enormous puff tomorrow. *shrug*
    Last edited by Mikalia42; 05-20-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buns buns, buns, and more buns. My hair stays in buns!

My hair is still growing and I don't know why that still surprises me... it will probably never cease to.
    Thank you to whoever panked me!!

12. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty, AStone liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had money in excess, I'd buy about 10 bottles of my staple products and store them in my lil closet in my bathroom...

...back to reality...

I'm short on cash and heavy handed...w/half a bottle of my fave conditioner left....
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

14. Likes hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to keep my bantu-knotted 3 strand twists in today to avoid the effects of the serious humidity we're dealing with today. Just took down the knots, pulled the twists back into a kinda-sorta ponytail, and threw on a headband. Proved to be a pretty interesting hairstyle, but I'm OK with that.

Darn you North Florida humidity!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, wait. Your friend's hair is fried to oblivion by a shite dye job and YOU have the brass balls to wear a weave with an "invisible" part....WITH NO HAIRLINE TO SPEAK OF.

But MY hair is natural, long, and there's enough of it to donate to BOTH of you and STILL have more hair than you. So *I* get the screw face.

Right.
    Last edited by Mikalia42; 05-20-2013 at 08:03 PM.

17. Likes hivierhair, Bithiya liked this post
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast