Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my rinse+detangle+styling time down to 15 mins again in the shower *insert fist pumping gif here*!! Now my issue is whether I should stop doing the 4 twists that keep my roots from being super shrunken or not. Although my roots don't shrink up and reduces a little of my shrinkage, but my hair isn't able to curl up right and dries weird shaped .
    Big Chop: Nov. 14, 2007
    Current Length: MBL
    Hair Type: kinky-coily/curly, cottony, medium density
    GL1: WL (stretched) GL2: HL (stretched) UGL: Full SL wash n'go
    http://public.fotki.com/ckisland/
    ~ A million hugs to whoever PANK'd me~

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix
    CHB, sounds like you need to step a-wayyyy from the YouTube...

I've noticed some of those "MAKE IT IN HD DAMN!" comments lately. This is just another example of why my involvement in the online community has never really gotten past textual commentary (my short-lived incomplete pre-blog excepted). I do not have the PATIENCE to deal with folks the way you and other vloggers, and Dee, and other administrators do. If I were getting paid something I MIGHT be able to grow some...but some things money cannot buy. Sooner or later I'd have to deliver the online version of a pimp slap onto some uppity 11-year-old whose parents are probably at the club partying and then I'd get shut down...

*sigh* *deep breath* Anyway, have a good offline weekend. {{hugs}}
    I love this post! I've been having computer issues for the longest, and I thought ppl knew that. My vids used to be better quality, but I was never a professional or anything. Been using my iPhone for a bit, to give viewers something.

Those comments about "make it HD"; I tried not to be offended by them. But, in my mind I'm like, "You don't know my circumstances. Are you going to take me to the store and buy me a new camera?"

We know who got the voiceovers and stuff started, and ever since then, ppl have been overdoing it. I like voiceover, but dang!

It's all a bunch of hype now. I totally see what you're saying, LBell...

Everybody's got some high-tech motion picture type camera to vlog about their hair. I mean that's cool, if you can afford it. But normal webcam/ phone vids don't look that bad.

So now, the audience is used to that, and all other vids are "dinky". Smh.

Not to mention I've been in protective styles for several months after cutting all my hair off. The shallowness...

I digress...
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

3. Likes LBellatrix, meagan22 liked this post
    bhop13 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad I cut my hair....
    GOT PANK??
    Beauty is not defined by the masses, but by the opinion of the individual ~Rune Leknes
    http://public.fotki.com/bhop13/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This bottle of Terriessentials is gone! And I only got four uses out of it....

Doing alma treatments always makes my neck hurt. Maybe, I'm tugging on my hair too hard.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    CHB, sounds like you need to step a-wayyyy from the YouTube...

I've noticed some of those "MAKE IT IN HD DAMN!" comments lately. This is just another example of why my involvement in the online community has never really gotten past textual commentary (my short-lived incomplete pre-blog excepted). I do not have the PATIENCE to deal with folks the way you and other vloggers, and Dee, and other administrators do. If I were getting paid something I MIGHT be able to grow some...but some things money cannot buy. Sooner or later I'd have to deliver the online version of a pimp slap onto some uppity 11-year-old whose parents are probably at the club partying and then I'd get shut down...

*sigh* *deep breath* Anyway, have a good offline weekend. {{hugs}}

But you don't understand, LBell! HD spoils you. Once you've seen HD videos, you can't go back! SRSLY, though I refrain from reading youtube comments most of the time. No need to be annoying or pissing myself off with some of the foolery that goes on in there.

---

About to go shave the sides of my head...

ETA: done now! I like it a lot!
    Last edited by Ororo; 06-01-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my hair red for so long, I forgot what having black hair was like. Not going to dye it again anytime soon, but to be frank, I'm pretty much done with coloring at this point. It's too much damned work to color all this hair on my head.

After watching MahoganyCurls FAQ video and hearing her stance on protective styling (she's not crazy about it either), I'm pretty much going to run with the occasional twist out and banding my hair every night once I set my hair for the week. So long as it's washed, conditioned, and trimmed when necessary, that's all I need. Twists are great but...eh, too time consuming with all this hair. *shrug*

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
    But you don't understand, LBell! HD spoils you. Once you've seen HD videos, you can't go back!
    Oh, I get it...and in fact I was one of those people who was really happy to see more professional-looking videos (Kimmaytube etc.). But I haven't forgotten (unlike some of these dumb, entitled kids) that YT is (as of right now, at least) still a people's site, and that means anybody can post videos using whatever equipment they have. Like CHB said, unless you're going to donate money to the vlogger to help them get better equipment, either STFU or move on...but stop posting comments like anybody gives a sh**...

--

I hate that these mini-rope twists look this good considering I spent part of every day for an entire WEEK redoing them. I don't care...I'm going back to regular twists in two weeks. I just hope my scalp can wait that long before being washed...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

9. Likes meagan22, CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    lea23 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    East Coast via MidWest... it is pop dangit
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post

Oh, I get it...and in fact I was one of those people who was really happy to see more professional-looking videos (Kimmaytube etc.). But I haven't forgotten (unlike some of these dumb, entitled kids) that YT is (as of right now, at least) still a people's site, and that means anybody can post videos using whatever equipment they have. Like CHB said, unless you're going to donate money to the vlogger to help them get better equipment, either STFU or move on...but stop posting comments like anybody gives a sh**....
    I never understood people commenting rudely towards videos... I myself Love to watch both the hd and non hd videos. As long as the people I am subscribed to keep making them I am happy.

On a hair note: it is time for a wash, detangle and condition... I am just a bit on the lazy side right now
    Last CFC: June 15th 2007
    BC: Aug. 4th 2007

11. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that my hair needs a thorough detangling and deep conditioning. But I just don't have the time or energy to deal with it right now. So I will continue rocking this twisted bun, and pay the price later.

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess I'll get up from this long break and finish doing my hair...
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast