Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your wish is my command, Knotty Author!

This one is actually from earlier today - I took down the ponytail and refreshed the knot out last night, and was able to wear it mostly out - just pulled back with a headband:

This one is a few weeks ago - the ponytail is similar to what I wore most of this week, just not pulled as much to the side.

3. Thanks KnottyAuthor thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still in it! Been using the Kinky Curly products as of late and rediscivered my love for the Knot Today leave-in. Finger detangling with that much slip is a breeze.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forum Runner

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't this the BEST easy grab and go look? I love it on you! I did my faux blow out this weekend,(stretched str8 with fingers) then, added curl milk last night to twist up my hair. So it looks like yours today! Love Love Love it! So cool to see my hair on you, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
    Your wish is my command, Knotty Author!

This one is actually from earlier today - I took down the ponytail and refreshed the knot out last night, and was able to wear it mostly out - just pulled back with a headband:

This one is a few weeks ago - the ponytail is similar to what I wore most of this week, just not pulled as much to the side.

6. Thanks CCmomof5 thanked for this post
    Likes CCmomof5 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I so need this challenge! I have been having hair loss issues for a while now and my doc told me that I need to stop wearing braid extensions, not to mention that I am also iron deficiency anemic and vitamin d deficient which doesn't help. I am taking my braids out next week and won't be wearing any more braid extensions, locs, coloring, etc. which means I have to deal with my own hair exclusively and regular hair combing will not work for me (I have very fine type 4 hair of medium density that loves to coil, tangle, etc and regular combing breaks my hair). My hope is that in time the combination of no combing, taking vit supplements, and the absence of extensions will improve my overall hair health.
    Yet another natural hair journey...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shell98/

8. Likes hivierhair, deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone, I know I've been absent from this thread but I have a good reason. Two weeks ago I broke my arm- got kicked by a horse and it shattered my forearm. Long story short, I had surgery where they put titanium plates and screws into my arm to put the bones back together. So now I have a plaster cast on my left arm.I have had to learn voice recognition software to operate a computer which is kind of neat anyway.

For the first week I couldn't do anything to my hair. Couldn't wash or rinse it and darn sure could not detangle it so you can imagine I was dreading getting started again. To top it all off I have run out of my staple mousse! So, my hair transformed into one big puffy ball of afro with a hundred little locs and coils through it.

What surprised me was even though my hair had started to dread on the ends it never matted. So today exactly two weeks later I did my first one-armed in the shower, detangle session without product.

It took longer than normal but I expected that. In the end all of the little balls and the shed hair that created the locs slid out under running water and I'm left with a big fluffy piecey fro.

My advice to you all is to not break your arm. LOL
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

10. Thanks hivierhair thanked for this post
    Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Wishing you a quick and full bounce back recovery.

Sent from GT-I5510 using Forum Runner
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

12. Thanks deecoily thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deecoily View Post
    Hello everyone, I know I've been absent from this thread but I have a good reason. Two weeks ago I broke my arm- got kicked by a horse and it shattered my forearm. Long story short, I had surgery where they put titanium plates and screws into my arm to put the bones back together. So now I have a plaster cast on my left arm.I have had to learn voice recognition software to operate a computer which is kind of neat anyway.

For the first week I couldn't do anything to my hair. Couldn't wash or rinse it and darn sure could not detangle it so you can imagine I was dreading getting started again. To top it all off I have run out of my staple mousse! So, my hair transformed into one big puffy ball of afro with a hundred little locs and coils through it.

What surprised me was even though my hair had started to dread on the ends it never matted. So today exactly two weeks later I did my first one-armed in the shower, detangle session without product.

It took longer than normal but I expected that. In the end all of the little balls and the shed hair that created the locs slid out under running water and I'm left with a big fluffy piecey fro.

My advice to you all is to not break your arm. LOL
    Get better soon! *HUG!*
    Thank you to whoever panked me!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shell98 View Post
    I so need this challenge! I have been having hair loss issues for a while now and my doc told me that I need to stop wearing braid extensions, not to mention that I am also iron deficiency anemic and vitamin d deficient which doesn't help. I am taking my braids out next week and won't be wearing any more braid extensions, locs, coloring, etc. which means I have to deal with my own hair exclusively and regular hair combing will not work for me (I have very fine type 4 hair of medium density that loves to coil, tangle, etc and regular combing breaks my hair). My hope is that in time the combination of no combing, taking vit supplements, and the absence of extensions will improve my overall hair health.
    Sounds like a wonderful and sensible regimen. I am confident you will see results!
    Thank you to whoever panked me!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will join, but I'm going to hide my combs from myself.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast