Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olahh View Post
    ^Yay! Nice, your buns are always LAYED lol. When i get tired of wash n go imma twist my hair up. That roll n tuck style looks elegant. Here's a pic of my current WNG after GA humidity set in but i still like the shrinkage and I wrapped and twisted my hair a couple weeks ago.

Sent from GT-I5510 using Forum Runner

Olahh, what's your hair regimen? It's beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by NowIamnappy View Post
    Girl you just a growing!!!! Congrats your almost there, I think you might make it by December!

@Urbanite If your old regimen works I'd stick with it, it seems good you have a good one already, are you experiencing any problems with your hair/

@Onnica Welcome!! The only other mature person I can think of is Napia Mia, however I think she stopped her long hair journey at MBL. But your welcome to join us here no matter what your age is, we'd love to have you.

My hair just always seems dry and flat. It doesn't really seem to matter what I do to it. It's growing but I don't like the way it looks. It doesn't look as healthy as it used to.
    "To whom much is given much is required."

2. Thanks Olahh thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I'm @ 16in Attachment 10204Attachment 10205Attachment 10206Attachment 10207 I'm 2in's away from waist length in the back and I still plan on staying cut at that length.
    Congratulations Olahh! You have amazing growth!

For my part I have been incredibly lazy with my hair. My hair has honestly become a bit of a chore lately. I am hoping I get out of this slump soon. Currently I am bunning while trying to figure out ways to make this hair thing take less time. the wash day before last it took me three days ( in 2 to 3 hour increments) to detangle. It was the same the wash day before that. I think my finger detangling has been leaving too much shed hair behind and since the hair itself is getting longer it is causing more problems in there... I bought a comb for the first time in about 2 years because it is just taking me entirely too long to get through my hair. It could also be that the bunning just isn't stretching my hair enough or I may need to introduce silicone back into my regimen. Either way at this point I have been letting my hair be while reviewing my options. In general my hair seems to be growing in fine, but the process of detangling is getting REAL.
    Thank you to whoever panked me!!

4. Thanks Olahh thanked for this post
    Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Urbanite, I've been so busy lol. My reg is very simple. I wash my hair every two weeks with shea moisture(gold label) or As I am Coconut co wash. Detangle with wide tooth seamless comb and denman brush while hair is coated with co wash or Tresemme Naturals avocado conditioner. Twist hair into FAT twists, then rinse. Every blue moon I will henna my scalp and hair..mostly concentrating on my scalp. I use Nupur 9 brand. My hair responds well to coconut oil or avocado oil.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. Likes hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Urbanite, I've been so busy lol. My reg is very simple. I wash my hair every two weeks with shea moisture(gold label) or As I am Coconut co wash. Detangle with wide tooth seamless comb and denman brush while hair is coated with co wash or Tresemme Naturals avocado conditioner. Twist hair into FAT twists, then rinse. Every blue moon I will henna my scalp and hair..mostly concentrating on my scalp. I use Nupur 9 brand. My hair responds well to coconut oil or avocado oil.

This regimen really sounds like it could work for me...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't understand how you ladies protective style with buns. I've tried it and my edges went into hiding! How to you counteract the pulling on the edges?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a headband and pull the hair up loosely and carefully to the center of my head. I don't use gel or a boar bristle brush for my edges either. If it fuzzes it fuzzes.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, welcome! @ Urbanite and Onnica. Just join right in.

@ assia: LOL @ "went into hiding." When I bun, they're hardly ever the "smooth & sleek" kinds. It's usually messy, fuzzy and doesn't pull at my edges. (Sometimes they do get at my nape though; but if I feel pulling, I just readjust it)

@ Olahh: Congrats on your progress. Your hair looks so healthy! During the time between your washes, do you keep one main style or do you change it up (outside of twists -> twist-outs, and the like)? Just curious. My hair somewhat "locks" into its style. If it's twists, after untwisting I'll have to seriously detangle before trying a fresh look. Sure I can bun it, but it'll be lumpy, lol. Even starting from a (wet) bun, it'll join into clumps of hair that I have to detangle when I let it down. So, I try to get a style that will last a week and then wash and restyle. For me, it's just easier to transition when wet. Oddly enough, the "locking"/large clumping doesn't happen when I do wash and go's.

Speaking of WNG's, how many of you still do them? Do you think you'll continue?

@ hivierhair: I feel you on the detangling woes. The struggle is real, lol. I'm not sure if it's because I distracted when doing it (TV, computer), my method (carefulness & finger-detangling combo), or if I'm just slow, haha.

Y'all can add me to the Lazy Team, lol. I've been so busy and my hair has been on the back burner as a result of it. I went almost 3 wks without washing (I usually wash once/week), although I did one rinsing. I've been having some pretty jacked buns, too, but hopefully no one will remember in a few weeks, lol. I'll be trying to get back to loving on my hair and balancing life. Haven't done a real length check, so not sure of any progress (or setbacks) at the moment. I think I'll give it a couple more weeks and hopefully, I'll see a [good] difference.
    Last edited by TrinicanBeauty; 09-26-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: To add some CoLoR!
    Growing Naturally since 2003
    A Kinky-Coily-Fuzzy Nap
    Current Length - WL (Aiming for Hiplength)

I love me some Jesus <3

11. Likes hivierhair, Olahh, assia liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrinicanBeauty View Post
    Welcome, welcome! @ Urbanite and Onnica. Just join right in.

@ assia: LOL @ "went into hiding." When I bun, they're hardly ever the "smooth & sleek" kinds. It's usually messy, fuzzy and doesn't pull at my edges. (Sometimes they do get at my nape though; but if I feel pulling, I just readjust it)

@ Olahh: Congrats on your progress. Your hair looks so healthy! During the time between your washes, do you keep one main style or do you change it up (outside of twists -> twist-outs, and the like)? Just curious. My hair somewhat "locks" into its style. If it's twists, after untwisting I'll have to seriously detangle before trying a fresh look. Sure I can bun it, but it'll be lumpy, lol. Even starting from a (wet) bun, it'll join into clumps of hair that I have to detangle when I let it down. So, I try to get a style that will last a week and then wash and restyle. For me, it's just easier to transition when wet. Oddly enough, the "locking"/large clumping doesn't happen when I do wash and go's.

Speaking of WNG's, how many of you still do them? Do you think you'll continue?

@ hivierhair: I feel you on the detangling woes. The struggle is real, lol. I'm not sure if it's because I distracted when doing it (TV, computer), my method (carefulness & finger-detangling combo), or if I'm just slow, haha.

Y'all can add me to the Lazy Team, lol. I've been so busy and my hair has been on the back burner as a result of it. I went almost 3 wks without washing (I usually wash once/week), although I did one rinsing. I've been having some pretty jacked buns, too, but hopefully no one will remember in a few weeks, lol. I'll be trying to get back to loving on my hair and balancing life. Haven't done a real length check, so not sure of any progress (or setbacks) at the moment. I think I'll give it a couple more weeks and hopefully, I'll see a [good] difference.
    Thank you for joining our challenge. Seeing your progress (wl aiming for hiplength), gives me real inspiration and encouragement to keep at growing out my hair (in spite of the ups and downs) to waist length and maybe even beyond.

13. Thanks TrinicanBeauty thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have adjusted my regimen. I will be keeping my hair in twists for the fall and winter. This aids me in detangling in small sections. Once every two months I will also be doing shed hair removal with a comb. Frankly I am so careful with the comb that it doesn't take less time than finger detangling but it does remove shed hair really well. I really do mostly get only shed hairs in the comb (0.0) as well as an ssk or two that even finger detangling wouldn't have been able to unravel. I am going to order the magic star rake comb also because it is much gentler than a wide tooth comb from what I've read. I will also be moving wash day from once a week to 1-2 times a month. This is easier on my hair as well as my dry scalp not to mention my schedule. I have also let go of shampoo. I am never using it again. Now I use either Ouidad Curl Co wash (that stuff is amazing!) or my true blue Shea Moisture African Black Soap Purification Mask. Those two are so gentle and so kind to my hair. I am very happy with them both.

That Ouidad Curl Cowash has my scalp looking bright and feeling so clean!! Yet, I almost don't want to condition after I am done using it. I guess you really do get what you pay for...

I have also picked up Jamaican Black Castor Oil in Coconut at my local beauty supply. That is a really nice sealant. I am pleasantly surprised.

Since I have combed my hair it slides apart like butter. I guess moderation is key. If I feel like the shed hair is piling up I need to clean them out so I can start fresh. Thank you ladies for being here. Just knowing you are out there on this hair journey too has helped tremendously with getting even this far in my journey.

15. Likes TrinicanBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by assia View Post
    I just don't understand how you ladies protective style with buns. I've tried it and my edges went into hiding! How to you counteract the pulling on the edges?
    I only wet bun otherwise my hair turns out frizzy, I also move the location of my buns even though I love the top knot butn I also slick back my bun with flaxseed gel that I make and then tie a scarf. If I dont slick down my hair with a scarf I will always have frizz. So sometimes, it may look super taunt but its not, and if I feel extra pulling in the morning I redo the bun so its not pulling my edges.

ETA: Ladies I think Im less than an inch away from Waist Length! I wasnt trying to take any length checks but I had to go to my brothers wedding two weeks ago and I had my twists in and wanted to do a fancier updo so I took down my twists in a rush and when I finally got to detangling and doing a trim, I kept finding extremely long pieces of shed hair so I stretched and it easily almost touched the indentation on my waist. I was so psyched. Hopefully by the end of November it will be official.
    Last edited by NowIamnappy; 10-01-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    Old SN name Soontobenappy
    Transition period 10-6-07 to 6-20-08
    BC 6-20-08 100% Nappy and Loving it!!
    http://members.fotki.com/soontobenappy/ - Finally Updated 4-2013
    Check me on YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/user/NowIAmNappy?feature=mhum

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast