Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dr.bronners

Hey guys uhm yesterday or the day before I did a deep cleansing on my locs . It was the first time cuz I stop using a clarifying shampoo a LONG TIME ago. Right now my regime is simple ...maybe too simple . I wash once a month , spray daily or not with a mixture of some oils and some shea moisture stuff. and I deep condition every other month and that's it lol. My locs have always been moisturized but it were always lifeless and dull. The stuff that came out of my hair SMH crazy. But anyways I did the deep cleansing, then shampooed with dr.bronner. See I brought this bottle from walgreens for almost $20 I was upset cuz I don't like spending money like that. But I've heard so many good reviews so I was like whatever. So I shampooed to get the extra stuff out. It made my hair feel squeaky clean . I liked that it did its job and yes I diluted . But it tangled and married my roots, that's the type of ish I don't LIKE. I'm only almost 2 years . I spent forever popping in the shower, but it did dry out my hair, so I DC w/ something else I just recently brought cuz I heard great reviews. Shea MOISTURE deep something DC for dry hair. So I was pretty excited as hell. BUT turns out I was incorrect lol I didn't have a blow dryer at hand. So I just did the non-blower way for 45 mins. They was no difference my hair was still hard and dry. Rinsing it out was a problem I put olive oil all over afterwards. My question is HOW DO I MOISTURIZE MY HAIR AFTER THIS DR.BRONNER . I really don't wanna buy any more products I'm disappointed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, I'm late, but after I wash my locs I use olive oil (also) or castor oil. I go back and forth.
    Never Underestimate ANYONE

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well olive oil didn't help much but now that my hair is recovered i'm scared to use the soap again. Like it was really expensive and I need to start clarifying my hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by browncoco View Post
    well olive oil didn't help much but now that my hair is recovered i'm scared to use the soap again. Like it was really expensive and I need to start clarifying my hair.
    I'm so late on a reply to this but which version did you use? I've used Peppermint, tea tree, eucalyptus, and citrus in the past (not on my hair) and it has been super drying to my skin and learned that these versions are usually harsher than the rest. If so, you might want to switch to Lavender which is a gentler version and I will note, has been very kind to my hair (I'm sinning by admitting this, but I don't even bother diluting the lavender version but don't follow me until you've tried the diluted way first)....If that doesn't work, you might have to dilute the shampoo a bit more than normal than what the instructions say. Also, like someone mentioned before, I typically use Olive Oil afterwards but you could look into possibly shea butter as well?
    Last edited by mehogeni; 09-21-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    Love, Peace, HairGrease, and Double Kisses

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr. B's will leave residue in your locks, even diluted. IJS.

I moisturize at the MOST with aloe vera juice spritz's infused with an EO that I combine myself. Water works fine for me as well, but I dont use a harsh shampoo. Dr. B's is harsh..how you dewin now?
    Last edited by KnottyAuthor; 10-13-2013 at 10:32 AM.

6. Thanks LuvJones thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been using Dr. Bronner's on my skin for over 10yrs only used it on my locs ONCE! Switch to another shampoo, I use paul mitchell's shampoo #3 to clarify, I've also used suave clarifying shampoo with good success. If you need to clarify on the cheap cheap you can always buy a large bottle of apple cider vinegar and dilute it one part water one part ACV and then use a non clarifying shampoo.

I use Jojoba oil to moisturize a little goes a long way.
    ~Never allow someone with limited vision to limit yours~
    Officially Nappy 6 Feb 03
    Loc Journey began 17 Mar 07
    I be bloggin'...PM me for the lank!
    iStruggle...I'm a work in progress
    If I don't respond to your post directed at me, I probably have you on ignore #truestory

8. Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post