Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. A friend of mine works for Gwynnie Bee and they're basically Netflix for clothes. They have sizes 10 and up. I like them because I can try something out. Wear it a few times and send it back. If it works, I can buy it from them or from somewhere else. I'll admit that I bought two dresses from Land's End because of Gwynnie Bee. I wore one they sent to me. It fit great and was great to wear for work. Then I caught it on sale on the site and bought it in two colors.

However, even before that I started shopping online for clothing when I lived abroad. I knew which brands had cuts that worked well for me. I also knew which cuts, in general, worked well for me and just went from there. Basically, I stuck with brands and styles that I knew.

When I got back, of course, I started shopping in person again because it's fun to shop and find stuff that you like. In general, I can score better deals online and I don't have to wrestle with a bunch of frantic and annoying shoppers in sale situations to get that deal. I can also get a few of something that works for me no matter where I find it. I found a really practical light-weight jacket from Old Navy, and bought another one online a few weeks later when I realized it had made it to staple level in my wardrobe. It was easier. I knew my size. I knew what color I wanted. I ordered a few other things and got a back up of a jacket that I really like.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a 24% VAT Tax on clothes in Norway, so even with the international shipping and Tariffs added in, it's cheaper to buy online from Jessica London, Gap/Old Navy, Eddie Bauer, and Zappos.com. I still love to go into the Salvation Army Store though.
    [HR][/HR][SIZE=2][COLOR=#daa520][I][B]Sunshine Curls...Proudly gleaming in the light of my celebration of me...The sunniest naps in all the world![/B][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Onnica is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I luv the expectation of of the arival of the UPS truck. I shop on Ebay,Amazon,HSN,QVC and recently I have started purchasing cosmetic products online. They are also less expensive. I use to purchase more clothing items sbut the sizing issues are a turn off. You really have to know your correct size in order to avoid paying for returns. Stores are more hesitant to pay for return now unless there was something wrong with the product other then the customer choosing the wrong size. It can be a guessing game even when you know your correct size. Anything that I can order rather then going to the mall I am going to order. I even ordered a chair once. I took a chance though I do not recommend that. You really should sit on furnishings first to ensure it is comfy enough. I ended up loving it but will not chance that again. I need to learn a lot more about those savings mentioned earlier. That will make my online shopping experiences even more enjoyable. Peace and Blessings.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just purchased two coats from Burlington. Probably would have done better online. You all have motivated me to try to find a store that is true to my size and stick with it. I love the clothes at Chico's but the prices are super expensive. This winter additions will include dress black boots and some casual brown boots.I will purchase online but not sure from where yet. Shoes are easy for me online. Online shopping also helps me to stay within budget and remain focused without the distraction of seeing all that other stuff.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@tenachie. (gulp) You say you get money back. Do tell! How does that work? Are there any strings attached?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yall I purchased some nice gray boots today from Midnight Velvet online. First I went to Retailmenot.com for some promo codes. One for 50% and one for 10%. Of course I wanted the 50%. This site even had a link to go straight to the store you are shopping from. Well, neither of the codes were legit for this store. The boots were on sale anyway so I got them for a very good price. However,i want to know what these companies are getting besides kicks from wasting our time with fake promo codes? Do any of you guys have any idea what this is about? I did'nt lose anything but was dissapointed. I was hoping to put a dent in the S&H. This store has nice products but kinda pricey and sales don't happen often but every now and then you get a deal worth pursuing. I love seeing the arrival of the UPS truck. Or seeing a package on the porch if I was away. Peace and Blessings

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the codes on Retailmenot are user curated... a lot of times sites send people one time use codes and they share them ignoring the fine print like VS sent me a massive % off clearance coupon and I racked up, but it could only be used the one time.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Poetic blue. I guess I just have to learn the game. I make sure I get the sales too just in case I miss out on the promos.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love online shopping! I just received 3 sweaters and 3 shirts that I purchase on Alloy for $30. A trick I use is to rotate the websites I shop. If you don't shop at a website for a long time, they will send you great deals to get you shopping again. Alloy gave me $15 to start shopping with them again, followed by a BOGO half off clearance code. Amazon doesn't do this though but it's OK because they always have great prices and shipping.
    FKA: Kayday23

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to be careful with Amazon though. I enjoy shopping there too but more so for clothing and hats then products. I just purchased a new ceiling fan at Lowes. I was unable to find a promo code so I tried to find it elsewhere. I found it at Amazon for 445.00. Hymph! I paid full price at Lowes but I got it for 229.00. Buyer beware! Also, be aware that Lowes delivery is free. Although I picked my fan up at the store. It's a new style without exposed fan blades. The fan works ok but the fan and the lighting is more for decor then for function. I love it! Peace and Blessings.
    Last edited by Onnica; 11-09-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast