Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Full APL in 2013

If there is a thread that is already Full APL in 2013, please let me know. I apologize. I wanted to started this challenge for all the ladies who want to be full APL. I believe I am APL but it is not full APL. So I plan to embark on a six month journey to FULL APL Dec 31st 2013.

Anyone else in?

I will be starting mines the week after next. I need to see my Dermatologist first then I will be wearing Box Braid Extensions off and on until the end of the year.

Also, when you determine if your hair is CL,SL, APL, BSL, WL. Do you do it when wet or dry?

Thanks!
    Last Relaxer March 2010.
    BCed Jan 5th 2011.
    Locked Jan 5th 2011.
    Loose Napp Now.
    Will be embarking on my sisterlock journey soon!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh a challenge! I have always been pretty horrible at challenges and I think that is why I haven't retain length like I could because I love being a loose natural. There is something about having wild hair that gets me. I will join in with you. My hair is a variety of lengths most of mine come from the crown which is about 11 inches are so. Idk, I don't really do length checks.
    As for determining the length of the hair, I usually do it dry and pull as long as my strands can go to give a rough estimate.( Ones hair can be slightly longer because pulling it doesn't mean it straight). I am pretty much APL, not fully so I can embark with you. Currently, I am air drying and bagging my end to retain moisture. I am going to do box braids/ mini braids on my tresses. Since logically it makes sense to do low manipulation while working in a lab and teaching summer school.
    Just remember with extensions you have to take great care with them or that can do the opposite to what you are trying to achieve

"Stop...think about...let it simmer.... The more you try to define, the more you realize that some things in this life of ours are indefinable....I am one of those people that one word can not describe me in my entirety. But if I would describe myself...it would be indefinable!"

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night I washed and DCed my hair. My next wash is scheduled for Wednesday.

Today I made a small concoction of water, conditioner and oil. I will be using that for my daily spritz to do my hair up until I get my hair done. I will still be spritzing my hair once I get the box braids in. Usually, I just use water and gel and go on a bout my day.

I want to seal in more moisture, especially to my ends. I am really excited to get my boxbraids. I have not had box braids done in three years!

When wearing extensions, I have always kept them moisturized and I have even washed them.
    Last Relaxer March 2010.
    BCed Jan 5th 2011.
    Locked Jan 5th 2011.
    Loose Napp Now.
    Will be embarking on my sisterlock journey soon!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SO my hair has been in box/mini braids ...I must say my hair feels awesome. It is great to get up and go

"Stop...think about...let it simmer.... The more you try to define, the more you realize that some things in this life of ours are indefinable....I am one of those people that one word can not describe me in my entirety. But if I would describe myself...it would be indefinable!"