Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right! And the fact the Obama got elected TWICE really galls some bigots. So they're trying their best to promote as much black negativity as they can to counteract Obama & his very classy First lady, Michelle. And they know that there'll be some jigaboo Uncle Tom blacks ignorant enough to go along with their own destruction just so long as they get paid.
    Did BC Feb 2009 after 28 yrs of curly perms. Ditched wig June 2010 ,wearing flat twists & puff.Avatar me & my new BAA. Use Kinky Curly in summer & Qhemet or Shea Moisture Yucca in fall & winter. This winter is very harsh & caused dryness & breakage so I went back to wigs as protective style & using grease for first time since the 70s : Dax & Blue Magic.

2. Thanks Bithiya thanked for this post
    Likes CCmomof5, Bithiya liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double post
    Last edited by GalaxyGirl2012; 07-28-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah this guy shouldnt try to provide for his kids.he should just bundle them in sacks and drown them like kittens or at least have the common decency to hide himself and his situation away in case he embarrasses other black folks who are projecting their own issues of groupthink on what appropriate behavior is and how to handle the consequences

Whatever happened to washing dishes? Working at Home Depot? Or is he completely unemployable at any regular job? Oh wait...he can't support 22 kids on those salaries? IT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING!!! and at least shows he has something resembling some kind of dignity. That's the other alternative besides reality show and a life of crime...
    agreed. condsidering that today in 2013 most people couldnt afford 1 child working those type jobs it's safe to assume its not going to work with 22 kids. with those many mouths to feed the only solution is to have some high paying 6 or 7 figure paying salary.

if you guys dont want to see it on TV then just dont watch it.

5. Likes Fuzziwuz liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    I don't always agree with Dr. Watkins but he's right on point with this one.

Whatever happened to washing dishes? Working at Home Depot? Or is he completely unemployable at any regular job? Oh wait...he can't support 22 kids on those salaries? IT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING!!! and at least shows he has something resembling some kind of dignity. That's the other alternative besides reality show and a life of crime...

I'm beyond tired of black folks pimping and cooning themselves out to mainstream media for the almighty dollar. If I was one of his baby mamas I wouldn't let him or his cameras anywhere near me or my kid(s).
    you can not feed 22 mouths washing dishes. if all the proceeds of the show goes to the kids, i'm all for it.

7. Likes Fuzziwuz liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^That's what it boils down to IMO. Which takes precedence: the image of the community or feeding your children? I can't be thinking of myself with 22 lives at stake. Either way this man will be damned for his actions, might as well be compensated and pay child support. It's so easy to say should've, could've and compare our lives when this man most likely didn't have the same upbringing. His issue is deeper than the surface. Although his mother claims she taught him about "the birds & bees", for Orlando Shaw to be a father at 14 speaks volumes. So currently he's 33 with 22 kids and about to be a grandfather (16 yr. old daughter) which doesn't sit well with him. I'm just hoping lessons are learned, cycles are broken and something good come from the experience whether I agree or disagree with his choices. His life isn't a reflection of me; I don't categorize other black men by his actions, or care about the perceptions of another culture. The damage is already done, just make some changes for the better.

9. Likes Vavoon liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl2012 View Post
    yeah this guy shouldnt try to provide for his kids.he should just bundle them in sacks and drown them like kittens or at least have the common decency to hide himself and his situation away in case he embarrasses other black folks who are projecting their own issues of groupthink on what appropriate behavior is and how to handle the consequences

agreed. condsidering that today in 2013 most people couldnt afford 1 child working those type jobs it's safe to assume its not going to work with 22 kids. with those many mouths to feed the only solution is to have some high paying 6 or 7 figure paying salary.

if you guys dont want to see it on TV then just dont watch it.
    Touche' at the bolded. I agree that it is not my place to determine what is right or wrong for him and his children.

However, the choice to do a reality TV show is in itself a choice to invite an audience and their reactions (without which the show wouldn't be successful anyway). And based on what I've read (which I realize could be inaccurate), he has made few or no attempts to support his children in traditional ways. A show like this would just send a message - to his children as well as the public it will potentially reach - that a lack of responsibility and hard work is OK when one can earn fast money via exploitation. But again, it's his choice (and others' who do reality shows like this) to send that message.

And to your last comment about not watching the show - I am 100% with you on that. I don't watch any reality shows that would fit that genre (or sub-genre). Never will.
    Last edited by CCmomof5; 07-28-2013 at 11:11 PM.

11. Thanks SistaGoldenHair67 thanked for this post
    Likes SistaGoldenHair67 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
    ....However, the choice to do a reality TV show is in itself a choice to invite an audience and their reactions (without which the show wouldn't be successful anyway). And based on what I've read (which I realize could be inaccurate), he has made few or no attempts to support his children in traditional ways.
    The guy had difficulty finding work due to his criminal background. At this point he'd need 4-5 jobs to support them all. Secondly what type of job would he find under 16 when he began? Most likely his parents didn't hold him accountable or there wouldn't be multiple children.
    show like this would just send a message - to his children as well as the public it will potentially reach - that a lack of responsibility and hard work is OK when one can earn fast money via exploitation. ....
    Or it can send the message to not follow this path; abstain or wear condoms; Poor choices creates problems... learn from the mistakes. Women may avoid dating knowing his history. His children will know their father and siblings (hopefully). The lack of responsibility can land one in jail. Orlando Shaw can learn something from the backlash. How he copes can make or break him.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

disgrace to our community? it is.
    but think about it - white people/the status quo are still gonna think about us one way no matter how we project ourselves. we are so preoccupied with trying to have a type of image in the media. why impress people are who committed to misunderstanding you?
    but i get how this show could mentally ef up our future children.
    men who do this usually have an issue - they are narcissists who want to populate the world with their seeds. he needs to see a therapist. maybe if the show is about him seeing a therapist to fix his baby populating problem...that'll pass.

14. Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vavoon View Post
    but think about it - white people/the status quo are still gonna think about us one way no matter how we project ourselves. we are so preoccupied with trying to have a type of image in the media. why impress people are who committed to misunderstanding you?
    men who do this usually have an issue - they are narcissists who want to populate the world with their seeds. he needs to see a therapist. maybe if the show is about him seeing a therapist to fix his baby populating problem...that'll pass.
    agreed with the bold. i dont get why some black people are so concerned with looking proper in front of white people . the white people who would want you to appear proper (ie negro lite) are still the ones who are calling you n***** or black b**** behind your back or in front of your face even, so why try to impress them?

16. Likes Ororo, Vavoon liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vavoon View Post
    I agree with the bolded. Almost like an "intervention" show.

I also agree that the goal should not be to impress white folks. My main concern is how the messages in the media affect our people - especially our youth. So many people went through so much for Black Americans to have the right to their own American dream, I feel like it dishonors them and our on-going struggle to have all of the negative portrayals and glorification of bad choices continuing to pervade contemporary culture and media. We have so many positive things going on in our community that are inspirational - wish they would get more mainstream media attention and support.

18. Thanks SistaGoldenHair67 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast