Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why can't all those mamas & older kids get off their lazy behinds ,find jobs, & everybody work?
    I agree. Both parents should be financially responsible for the child/children.

If I met a man who told me he had 22 children from 14 different women, I think the conversation would stop right there. Have these people not heard of STDs
    Last edited by orangegoldfish; 07-30-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So long as the sex was all consensual, I'm seeing something beautiful be regarded as something shameful based on erroneous, bigoted political prejudices and multitudes of double standards. With regard to social impact, this society can not sustain itself without a permanent class of poor persons who can be availed as cheap and/or free labor force. People of idealized financial means also have enough to maximize social resources while contributing little or nothing to society which continues to avail them public academic, utility, and defense services. Poor and/or working class persons are nearly trapped into returning their income and work into the society, if not having such resources diverted into the private wealth of people who've escaped from actively contributing to society.

Women are within their right to abort children and men who choose to have sex are within their right mind to get comfortable and even be prepared joyously for the prospect of having child(ren). This fellow, as with other men and women, has taken to the culmination of their natural and sociopolitical circumstance. This is similar to the White families who have a dozen or so children and consider it a religious gift to be able to produce as much, in many regards. As for those who have substantial financial means yet decide to have one or two children who largely fend for themselves, those families may be depriving their children of safety and positive social reinforcement which exceeds the social barriers of having parents who lack the means to consume products or horde income.

Whether folk lean on theological interpretation, hormones, emotions, or even social "entitlement" based on their socioeconomic status (to suggest that they've as such set their offspring up for greater odds of being worthwhile beings despite the rarity of anyone producing quality and constructive children), I have objections with how people go about such things to the point that I haven't elected to co-parent and/or make a community with such persons. As has been noted herein in some regards, elsewhere, and otherwise, there's nothing the blacked people can do beside be exterminated and/or gleefully subservient which will be comforting and acceptable to the White supremacist capitalistic machine we're caught up in. The idea that the monolithic victim/villain pool known as blacked people should contend with the insatiable desire for others to be entertained and consumed with pondering the figurative least of us has also captured the attention and/or passions of blacked people who think those vilified victims have been empowered to hold us back at all let alone on pair with our individual selves and the society which has been built on the stability of our social and economic futility.

The Talented Tenth has proven worthless as a collective whether or not they've married and/or had children. Churches, civic organizations, advisory councils on race and public relations, etc. Yet, people can fixate on a person struggling to hold onto purpose and potential beyond him or herself and be disgusted by their perceived delusions. After all that such people have been disappointed by, what else would they have of substance than the potential of finding human companionship and producing healthy, able-bodied children in their wake? Perhaps, in theory and the practice of so very few, there are greater calling and more that can be done. But, for what and how? I don't see an abundance of other blacked folk without children and who have money working on community and social betterment. I see folk looking to cash in that lottery ticket and live their slice of the American Dream.

Whether it be this fellow, some White mormons, George Zimmerman, the American Legislative Exchange Council, Bush, Obama, etc, it's bigger than that and the fixations go along with the idea that if you study the lie, people can just make another lie up, but if you study the truth you'll inherently know when another lie comes. What is your truth? What is YOUR purpose? Fixate on that. Be ashamed if the person in the mirror falls short. The evidence of faulty ideas of being humanized and of purposes has plagued poor and blacked people perhaps like no other, but I don't see able-bodied persons, rich with resources doing any better.

Outside of criticizing myself and analyzing my work, I can't really see how folk think it's okay to consider someone else a disgrace based on social measures whereas those people are trying to make good (of themselves and/or their deeds) while most others are just trying to socialize or finance their way to being exempt from doing and/or caring.

The idea of women being unwed and having a host of children is quite natural and there are biological processes which support a host of suitors contesting the presence of other semen for their chance of having offspring. We are a people who are conquered and enslaved by people who value settling and the enforcement of social entitlements/inheritance.

Before I can talk about being ashamed or disappointed in someone based on their ethnicity, I like to first begin by being honest about the full context of race and identity. Just staring a hole into that one person, as if he raped his co-parents, doesn't account for why people feel so rich and fulfilled to keep finding companionship in a society they're otherwise ostracized from or defining their wealth with children and family in a society that values money and the exploitation of overabundant labor pools.

I think the blacked pedestrian who stares at TV as if the lesser deemed who are doing are yet beneath them are due more for an intervention than someone who is doing though otherwise from what those who are not regard as less or even detrimental. The numbers say that whether or not he decided to be rich with life, he was going to be poor. So, why not be rich with life and poor of dollars? I know why I choose against such things, but the people who are so repulsed, what are they actually doing that means anything beside supporting White supremacist contempt for the blacked american?

When he has consensual sex, he's agreeing to the probability of having child. It would be disgusting to me if he was freaking out about such results rather than accepting the consequences of his actions. Yet, society also wants to be disgusted if he does accept it and even find purpose in such results. The idea of measuring a man and/or woman based on such things doesn't leave room for people to be human and happy despite such predispositions and/or prejudices.

I watched that Big Love series and studied the characters. Perhaps I'll get a glimpse of this somewhat unique (for being so stereotyped perhaps) family at some point. It's almost like uppity, self-hating blacked folk are in a race to blame before white folk do for fear that if they don't shame and blame first, they'll be include themselves within the non-exempted monolith. I've slept outside in front of places of political business, to act out against people staring at TVs and passing judgment. Hardened hearts of indoctrinated zombies who are feeding off of and buying into narratives of a deplorable lot which somehow doesn't include themselves.

When are folk going to do a petition about those blacked folk? The ones who can vote and instead of thinking just go with sentiments. The ones who don't know who is on their city council and are all passive-aggressive talk? The folk who don't use their education in service of a community and/or people but hold it over their "lesser" loved ones' heads and/or sit complacent as having accomplished when all they've done is been indoctrinated as indoor workers for a majority of the White minority. Wasted lives have more potential than wasted money yet most people who would dare to be disgraced by this fellow and others hardly even have enough money to think themselves as having wasted.

When I look at the portrayal of any in our human family, I see myself or I see nothing at all. I see choices I made or didn't. I see risks I survived, etc. The distance that folk seek to create between themselves and those who are portrayed as shameful to a figurative monolith means nothing to the White supremacist capitalistic machine. You're not better unless the least of thee is better. So, if he's disgraceful, how are we not, as a human family, and how could we do better? I don't believe blacked folk are especially accountable for his circumstances, indoctrination, values, etc, but damn. Trying to use his race as a stick with which to have better leverage to beat him or anyone else? Yeesh.

I'm disturbed by what some people find entertaining, whether it's racist or otherwise. But, I hesitate to blame the people whose circumstances those people are looking to marvel upon and judge any of us by. Those individuals aren't the reason why we're perceived any certain way. Those people are targeted as validation for the prejudices and pseudo-scientific ideals which are still coveted (even if scarcely disguised as just quirky entertainment). Some people tried to see through that bull with regard to the young blacked woman who testified as a friend of Trayvon Martin, in the case against George Zimmerman. It's not new and those people who are called upon aren't any less exemplary of good natured folk (blacked or otherwise). Shameless corporate, white, and/or organized criminals get romanticized and humanized more than the downtrodden and ostracized, and too many to be enough blacked folk play in and along with it like it's warranted.

For another odd character study of the sort, check out the movie Loving the Bad Man (2010). The bad guy isn't blacked so it might be easier to sift through the complex human elements. Then, try the same with blacked folk who make choices and/or have purpose we don't agree with.
    Last edited by Intellexual; 07-30-2013 at 06:09 PM.
    If your import amid discussion is to ridicule, sabotage, and/or dismiss, you will no longer receive the privilege of my attention. Passive aggressive behaviors are a defense mechanism of oppressed and ultimately even self-defeated persons. Disregarding and/or ridiculing the concerns of others doesn't legitimize or address your own. You have betrayed a critical trust I must have in you that you are engaging or asking of me to enhance each of our perspectives rather than ridicule mine or reaffirm your own biases. Express your own concerns and/or support your own ideals. Your antics reek of repression and aren't constructive.

3. Likes QueenLocks liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally reached the character limit in a post without any quotes. Wow. Go me. Anywho, if you want to see a blacked brother who has multiple wives and multiple children with those wives in a united family, you might also look up Brother Polight. He speaks multiple languages and his family also wears their hair naturally. He and his family seem to also be financially rich, but they get all sorts of grief and ill wishes. Another character study which challenges conventions and long held prejudices mixed with affirmed stereotypes with racist implications.
    If your import amid discussion is to ridicule, sabotage, and/or dismiss, you will no longer receive the privilege of my attention. Passive aggressive behaviors are a defense mechanism of oppressed and ultimately even self-defeated persons. Disregarding and/or ridiculing the concerns of others doesn't legitimize or address your own. You have betrayed a critical trust I must have in you that you are engaging or asking of me to enhance each of our perspectives rather than ridicule mine or reaffirm your own biases. Express your own concerns and/or support your own ideals. Your antics reek of repression and aren't constructive.

5. Likes KellyVonn liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
    I agree with the bolded. Almost like an "intervention" show.

I also agree that the goal should not be to impress white folks. My main concern is how the messages in the media affect our people - especially our youth. So many people went through so much for Black Americans to have the right to their own American dream, I feel like it dishonors them and our on-going struggle to have all of the negative portrayals and glorification of bad choices continuing to pervade contemporary culture and media. We have so many positive things going on in our community that are inspirational - wish they would get more mainstream media attention and support.
    a lot of intervention shows on on channels that i think many kids dont watch - is this true?

------------------------------

i think we are so hard on ourselves...trying to get the perfect image for the media to impress other people and set an example for our kids. but there are worse people on tv...like Bill o'reilly and that southern klan member called paula deen. if you're soooo worried about what your kids are exposed to then you set the example. kids mimick their parents more than anyone else. supervise what they watch. you set the example. this man had a problem, i'd like to know what it is. my grandfather had 30+ kids - nothing inherently wrong with over-populating if no parties are "hurt" (define hurt) i guess with the times we're living in now..we want to have a "clean", almost prudish image in the media. white people are more free to look all types of way on television but we criticize other black people on tv - love n hip-hop, basketball wives,etc. lol im rambling

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
    ...I agree that it is not my place to determine what is right or wrong for him and his children.

However, the choice to do a reality TV show is in itself a choice to invite an audience and their reactions (without which the show wouldn't be successful anyway)...
    Paying for something, whether voluntarily/involuntarily and or directly/indirectly, gives one the right to express an opinion on it.
    The people of the jurisdiction (local, state, national) in which this man, his far-flung harem, and the offspring produced are paying to support them all - i.e., county welfare, state Medicaid, federal Food Stamps.
    People who produce and distribute material for the media, by definition, are taking part in the formation of public opinion.
    Media material absorbed can form and also change the thinking of those who take it in - particularly individuals below a certain age. They then pass the new mindset to the next generation, and so on and so on.
    Therefore, IMHO, members of the public voicing an opinion on the affordability of the already-made children of this man, which have been imposed upon the public to support, are not out of line in so doing.
    Furthermore, IMHO, members of the public which anticipate that societal opinion of their particular demographic and their own offspring will be harmed by the portrayal of this man's story, therefore have every right to so state.

8. Thanks SistaGoldenHair67 thanked for this post
    Likes SistaGoldenHair67 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anybody here really think this trifling brother would be willing to do this if all proceeds were going to the kids. Come on, y'all. We know perfectly well those mamas will have to go to court to see so much as a nickel. NubianPrize, LBellarix, CCmomof5, and Bithiya, my head is going to explode if ALL OF Y'ALL don't get out of here!
    [HR][/HR][SIZE=2][COLOR=#daa520][I][B]Sunshine Curls...Proudly gleaming in the light of my celebration of me...The sunniest naps in all the world![/B][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

10. Thanks Bithiya thanked for this post
    Likes LBellatrix, Bithiya liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and just so everyone knows I'm not applying a double standard, I was every bit as horrified by the Duggar family for making all of us from Arkansas, both white and black, look like a bunch of inbred morons.

And what was wrong with baby mamas no. 3-14? They make me ashamed to be black and a woman because they're abysmally stupid examples of black women.
    Last edited by SistaGoldenHair67; 09-21-2013 at 11:25 PM.
    [HR][/HR][SIZE=2][COLOR=#daa520][I][B]Sunshine Curls...Proudly gleaming in the light of my celebration of me...The sunniest naps in all the world![/B][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

12. Thanks Bithiya, deecoily thanked for this post
    Likes Bithiya liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it a bit sad that "going on a reality TV show" has now gained the status of "way to provide for your family" in some people's eyes. we have raised people to the rank of superstars for baring skin and leaking videos of themselves having sex, children grow up thinking that it is ok to be a mess because some day, some TV show is going to consider you a "character" that they want. people see women acting in the vilest way and being rewarded for it on programs such as "flavor of love" and the likes... we now seem to believe that being a ***** is the equivalent of having a strong personality and that being hurtful in the same as speaking the truth... people have been so desensitized to normal human emotions such as empathy that we now feel it is right for anybody to do anything that is beneficial to them in spite of the people getting hurt in the process. I disagree with this kind of behavior with every fiber in my being and I would not want to see someone made into a celebrity because he went and spread his seed around like it meant nothing to have a child or a family. I will not be one of those who say "good for him ! good for them !" because it is a messed up situation and that kind of mess should not be promoted.
    [center]...i am a warrior...not a worrier...

[b][URL=www.rutyjewels.weebly.com]...check out my handmade urban tribal jewelry shop online...[/URL][/b][/center]

14. Likes Sohful1, CCmomof5 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just reading in the archives- did this show ever become a reality?
    Last re.laxer Dec 2006
    BC'd Jan 25, 2008
    2nd BC June 2012

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Black man with 22 kids & 14 baby mamas may get reality show !!!

I have no idea what happened to this story.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU. As long as you are constantly striving to get what someone else has naturally, you will not be able to recognize the beauty in what you already have."
    ~Dee~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123