Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Caribana/Toronto

So one of my good friends lives in Toronto, and I'm going for the first time. Any most see events besides the parade? Great parties? Anyone been before? Favorite places to eat and/or shop in Toronto? Oh, and I should probably say I'm not one to pay $100 to get in a club because a celebrity is there or it's a special weekend. Anybody else going?
    "Deal with yourself as an individual worthy of respect and make everyone else deal with you the same way." Nikki Giovanni

1st BC: June 2005. Permed again: August 2007. Last perm: July 2008. 2nd BC November 1, 2008. Loc Birthday: 3.3.13. Youtube: LeslieMartina.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are usually a lot of celeb riddled club events that weekend, but if you want to attend something in keeping with the carnival festivities you could go to the all white party called Glow Fete which is usually held on the Friday before the parade. I can't remember how much it is to get in as I haven't attended in a few years, but no where near $100. I'm not really into clubbing but I did enjoy myself at that event when I attended.

In terms of shopping, you'll want to stop by the Eaton Centre (Toronto's biggest mall) and if you have time the stores on Queen Street are also great.

There are also some free events that usually happen at the Harbour Front. Usually folks just roll through and get treated to free performances by small bands/singers. It's really nice and sometimes they have people selling jewellery and clothing etc., out there as well.

Those are some of my suggestions. I hope you enjoy the Caribana experience!