Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you buy prescription glasses online?

If so, what sites do you use and what are your experiences?

I just went to the eye doctor and although my prescription didn't change, I broke my glasses months ago. Since then I've been wearing contacts and an old pair of glasses around the house. I looked online but isn't sure which sites are the best.

Thanx.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used Coastal and the service is fast and prices are great. They're always running a special and first pair of glasses are free.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CCG: Do you see your regular eye doc if you need adjustments? That's been my fear about online eyewear.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get my glasses both from glassesshop.com and clearly contacts which is the Canadian version of Coastal. The former is cheaper, delivery takes a little longer but if you don't care for designer or name brand frames, then you should try it.

I've gotten four pairs online so far with great satisfaction, my optometrist even told me to do that to save money. For example it costs me about 15$-20$ for the lenses whereas getting the ones from my previous pairs upgraded cost me 50$ per pair because I wanted anti glare coating, that's more then one of the pairs I got online, frames, lens and delivery included.

OHR: I take it you wear progressives? Then don't about that. For single vision though, it's great.
    Last edited by Karibana; 08-30-2013 at 01:11 AM.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

5. Likes OHR liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No progressives...yet! I have Lasix, but need glasses for distance. My prescription can be pricey, which is why I'm in search of online options for lenses and frames.
    Last edited by OHR; 08-31-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never required adjustments for my glasses, at this point I know the measurements I need. For the frames themselves, you could always try a pair at a brick and mortar store to see what you like and then get it at Coastal. You can also just grab a ruler, measure your current glasses and go from there. Since frames are made for those with high, narrow nose bridges (ie generally white folks), I pay little mind to that number. What I look at are the width of the frames, the length of the branches, and, depending on the style I want, the height and width of the lenses. Like CCG says, Coastal has a first free pair program. Not all their frames qualify. And like I said, Glassesshop.com is cheaper but both stores always a sale or special of some kind going on. Final recommendation, I was buying a pair from them but once I got to the check out, I left the order there because I wasn't certain about getting the glasses. A day or two later I got an email from them telling me that I had left an order unfinished so they gave me an extra 25% off.

To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

8. Likes OHR liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for the info. I ordered a pair from GlassesUSA, and while I like them and they fit well, I'm not sure I would want to order from them again.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive used Coastal twice. I love them to the point that I will not go to an traditional eyeglass place to order. Coastal is a Candian company. At least my glasses were shipped from a CA addy. I love the fact that they came with a little kit that has a spray, cleaning cloth and little screwdriver that you can keep on a keychain if you so choose.
    I did a review on the first pair I purchased on my youtube channel. They saw it and sent me two free pair! They were to pair I was actually looking to purchase but wasnt sure about how it would look on me and they turned out to be fab.

Coastal is affordable and what I really like is that they IMO carry frames that people actually want to wear. Its the first time Ive owned several pair of glasses and wear all of them interchanablly. Usually like most I would only purchase one pair and keep them for a few years then get a new pair and start the cycle over. The frames they have allow you to feel like its just an accesory , some that complemnets your outfit or face, not just something you have to wear for in a sense, medical reasons.

11. Likes Karibana liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've discovered a new website: Warbyparker.com. The prices are comparable to Coastal/ClearlyContacts, and they have great knockoffs of some of designer frames. Their prices include the lenses and delivery.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used Coastal since 2012 and Zenni.com as well. My Rx is pretty high so ordering them in a brick and mortar would be just too expensive. I just ordered a pair today and for the glasses, with the thin lenses and delivery came to $91. My insurance will only cover up to $80 but I'm good with that. IN a trad store it would've been closer to $300. Go to Retailmenot.com for coupon codes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast