Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QueenLocks View Post
    @Vavoon - *sigh* -My DH mad I'm using up his computer with the pics of my hair! I don't even know why I bother to keep up with a blog.... Nobody seems to check it out except one or two sisters....
    Even though it is a nice blog, I'm debating whether or not to "keep it".
    The last set of pics of my "Chescalocs" Braided updo might be the last pics that I will take of my locs/hair.... or at least the last pics for a very, very long time! {I hope I get the chance to post them this summer/fall}
    Speaking of my Plait-Updo, I did receive 4 positive comments @work today.
    3 men, and 1 sis. Personally, I'm not an "updo-hairstyle" sista, but it does work if you want your hair off your neck.
    I hope not, Queen. I've really enjoyed looking at your locs for years. You are one of the reasons why I decided to loc (I've been loced for 5 yrs. now).
    Never Underestimate ANYONE

2. Thanks QueenLocks thanked for this post
    Likes QueenLocks liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, since i'm one of your stalkers....you keep supporting me and i'll keep supporting you...I have issues with blogging anyway..very few people bother to read anymore-but Nappturality.com come is unique-highly educated cohort of nappturals. keep posting sis.....we all need the encouragement...You got it and I'll be linking your blog to mine tonight as well. I hope you do. I have loved both your journeys!

My thoughts..I wish some of ya'll with cartoon avatars would let us see your locks every once in a while. Do like DB and show the back of 'em or something! This is a hair board. Smh...think about it...#callinguout #youknowhoyouare

4. Likes QueenLocks liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horror of horrors....while retwisting my dd's 2 yr old locs, I discovered head lice! I'd already done a soak in ACV for clarifying purposes. Now I'm going to do a Listerine/rubbing alcohol mix; baggy her head for an hour; rinse and then rub her head down with tea tree oil. I'm going to war with these things. Going to repeat the Listerine soak every 5 days for a month and hopefully that will do the trick. They reproduce every 7 days and the goal is to kill the hatched ones before they lay more eggs. I've also heard shaving cream works. I did buy some Rid but I can't really comb her locs; only the new growth. The whole house has to be vacuumed and washed or baggied up. I'm so sad; fearful I may have to take down her locs if this doesn't work because ultimately I'd rather her be lice free than locked.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I am continuing to beef up my lock "routine", as it were. So far I have been using a couple good shower filters to make sure Im chlorine and Chlorime free so it doesn't dry out my scalp and my hair. I have begun incorporating hydrolyzed protein treatments (ive done about 2 in the last 30 days, so I figure I should be good until maybe October) in my aloe vera conditioning treatment (just aloe vera gel and water).

Still washing with raw black soap but looking to add in an herbal rinse spritz after each shampoo and an herbal hot oil treatment like twice a month. Also still want to do omega bone's dandruff cure as well. Tryna figure out if I want to do an ACV rinse once a month, even tho I dont use any products (just paranoid about build up tho lol).
    First set of locks: Sept. 14, 1999 - April 22, 2011
    Current set of locks: newly under way

Thank you Pank fairy for Panking me!!! Blessings to you! XOXOXO

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caprimom View Post
    Horror of horrors....while retwisting my dd's 2 yr old locs, I discovered head lice! I'd already done a soak in ACV for clarifying purposes. Now I'm going to do a Listerine/rubbing alcohol mix; baggy her head for an hour; rinse and then rub her head down with tea tree oil. I'm going to war with these things. Going to repeat the Listerine soak every 5 days for a month and hopefully that will do the trick. They reproduce every 7 days and the goal is to kill the hatched ones before they lay more eggs. I've also heard shaving cream works. I did buy some Rid but I can't really comb her locs; only the new growth. The whole house has to be vacuumed and washed or baggied up. I'm so sad; fearful I may have to take down her locs if this doesn't work because ultimately I'd rather her be lice free than locked.
    Sorry to hear that! If lice are anything like ticks, then Vaseline might work. When I get a tick, I smear Vaseline over it. It takes less than a minute for it to come up for air. Then I flick it off and crush it. Perhaps if you coat her locs and scalp with Vas and wait 10 minutes or so, it will do the same. The hard part is getting the PJelly out of hair. It's a bit easier if you work in shampoo and try to lather it dry before wetting.
    http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Geo...on%20Dance.gif
    Why, yes! I am happy! How did you know?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just did a massive combine and snip. I can't wait for my hair to grow out from my thicker roots. I miss the fullness at the ends but having thicker locs will be so worth it. I'm also considering not re-tightening until October and maybe seeing a professional at that time just so someone who can see what's going on can be back there working on things. I think if I braid it or keep it back in a bun I'll be able to keep my hands out of it and maybe invest in some headbands. I wish some of you lived close enough to help me out. I just have to be patient and maybe get some new shampoo and conditioner in the mean time. *sigh*
    Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used against you.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need to wash these locs! i can't wait to use my soap bar shampoo and conditioner. i also can't wait to use my hair tea rinse that is suppose to lightly dye the hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had some beautiful pipe cleaner curls that would have lasted longer than 2 weeks but I couldn't go any longer because the desire to wash my hair out muscled the desire to keep the curls lol.

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Forum Runner

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my locs are very nappy.
    which means...i am very happy.
    the word nappy has been used interchangeably with "bad" but this is not true. i love this word. it's a strong word - no doubt in that. but you see, my hair is strong..spiritually and physically. i like "tightly-coiled" as well. some of my hair strands have a zig-zag pattern. it is a reflection of my true beauty. my locs are my energy!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I put my locs in a pin-up style, but only for a few hours. It was too tight, so I let it all down.
    I might rock the two-plaits-pin-up style Wed. I am still without a computer {my own, that is}.
    When I get one {computer}, I will update my blog with the pictures of the pin-up styles.
    *edit-to-add*
    running late, no time for pin-up, just wearing my hair down today.
    *Note 2 self* need to get more hair pins, and keep some with me!
    Last edited by QueenLocks; 09-04-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: more words
    http://www.Queenlocks.com
    http://queenlocks.wordpress.com
    NP Member for 10+ years!
    NP Of The Month OCT. 2004

13. Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast