Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

had a relapse put in hair I extensions a few weeks ago....and took down after two weeks. I had wore my puff out the other day. Bad idea this morning it was beyond dry......just put in Camille Rose Algae Renew Deep conditioner for my locks since I need to find a something to combat dryness in the winter . tired at being APL but cant really complain when I was stuck at SL ...for a while.... still trying to get out of my bad habits. I do not mind the experimenting with the styles however, to keep them from becoming dry without over manipulating gets to be a problem

"Stop...think about...let it simmer.... The more you try to define, the more you realize that some things in this life of ours are indefinable....I am one of those people that one word can not describe me in my entirety. But if I would describe myself...it would be indefinable!"

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, my area has cooled down quite a bit already. I have to moisturise more often and make sure my hair does not brush against my clothing. It is long enough to do that but not long enough to put up in a bun (at least I haven't tried yet).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I detangled my hair on Sunday. It was nearly an all day affair. I didn't realize how tangled I'd gotten after taking down the twists. My shoulders and neck were sore. I used water and an oily shea mix to help with the takedown. Still using my tangle wrangler. I also used my goody brush, shower comb and even my k-cutter. I was working so long that I got hand cramps. I used the other brushes and combs just to have a different grip.

I washed and conditioned loose hair with Garnier Fructis Color Shield. My daughter let me use hers. I still use mud washes and shea mixes. (I picked up a nice licorice shampoo bar at the last outdoor market of the season. Smells so good!) But I needed to get washed a hurry. Because I used the GF shampoo (store-bought, regular/lathering shampoo), I had to detangle again right afterwards. I don't pile my hair up to shampoo and I don't scrub in big circles. I don't have any real proof, but I think that when I used a sudsy shampoo the forming bubbles push my curl families apart. Then rinsing makes them all lie back down in a different arrangement. It's not matted or very badly tangled. My strands feel clumped or twined together in an unorganized way and it helps to detangle it before styling. It only really happens at the roots, because that's where I'm washing, and the ends where it puffs back out. The middle/length doesn't get manipulated that much when I finger rake or squeeze the shampoo along.

I rinsed out the GF conditioner and used the shea mix when second detangling to put my hair up in eight braids. I bobby pinned the braids loosely to secure them, then slept with a satin bonnet. In the morning, after brush-stretching, I parted it down the middle and loosely french braided it.

I don't braid down to the nape anymore. I had to wear my helmet a lot over the past 4 months. I wear a wide headband under my helmet to keep my hair from sneaking out and getting caught in the velcro. But that's a lot of friction when I run around. Sometimes it makes my scalp hurt. I have actually rubbed hair off of my head by my temples and nape. I'm so sad! So now I end the braids about 2 inches from my nape, twist into a little bun and bobby pin it behind my ear. I start my braid about 2 inches from my hairline in the front, too.

I spent the past month deciding whether to use Monistat 7 or Shapley's MTG Plus on my bald spots. :c

I bought both after 2 weeks, but didn't use either. Shapley's won out and I used it for the first time Monday morning. Instead of washing my hair after the gym, I just brushed the sweat/shrinkage and wiped parts of my scalp with a wet washcloth. I was in a huge rush. Braided my hair back up. Then I remembered I'd meant to use the Shapley's. So I dabbed it on my fingers and poke/rubbed it in where I feel really insecure about my scalp showing. It tingles a bit.

Still taking b viitamins, but I'm hoping for a boost. Shaply's doesn't smell bad, but it has a strong herbal scent. My husband doesn't mind it. He says it's like going into a huge tea shop when you're not in the mood for tea. A lot of aroma wanting attention, but not annoying. When I put it on about 8am, he was like "Woah." But then he was also standing next to the open bottle. At lunch, he was cuddly as usual. The most disappointing thing about the product so far was that it leaked a bit in shipping, but that happens sometimes.
    http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Geo...on%20Dance.gif
    Why, yes! I am happy! How did you know?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ sounds like you've had a rough time! That headband really took a toll on your hairline. Good luck in recovering it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This weekend is a long weekend for me. I think I will play with my hair and try stuff out. I plan to stretch my hair with Bantu knots and then I will carry on from there.

6. Likes hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KinkyChica View Post
    ^ sounds like you've had a rough time! That headband really took a toll on your hairline. Good luck in recovering it.
    Thanks. I'm trying to take it easy with the hair manipulation in the front.

It's a long weekend for me, too. I received a set of Shea Moisture Restorative Shampoo and Conditioner from my husband as a birthday present. He told me that it smelled good and looked like something I'd like. I just used the conditioner today. My hair was still sort of stretched from big french braids. I took them down and rubbed the Shapley's MTG on my scalp. I sprayed with an aloe vera juice/water mix and finger detangled. I used the tangle wrangler a bit, but not much. I parted my hair into big sections and used the Shea Moisture conditioner heavily. I followed up with my modified Goody brush and carefully put my hair into about a dozen two strand twists. I sealed the ends with my sticky shea mix and spritzed one last time before putting on a shower cap and tying my hair down. It didn't take so long. Only 30 minutes. I didn't shampoo and I wasn't all matted up. Just the usual SSKs and horrible splits.

I haven't baggied in ages. But I have to do something. I have the sawblade splits back again, so it's time to change my routine. More moisture.
    Last edited by fuzzy_slippers; 10-14-2013 at 04:08 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took down the twists after the gym today. Carefully combed out pre-tangles (?) and put in two big french braids. Used Shapley's. Took vitamins.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my little experiment was kind of a fail. The bantu knots stretched my hair well, but I was too busy to actually do anything with it other than to braid it back up. I pretty much wasted time.
    On the other hand, my braids are pretty stretched right now. Most of my head can fit in a ponytail, and the actual 'tail' of the ponytail is sizable.

I need to find a tub strainer that fits before I get banned from washing my hair in the shower.

10. Likes fuzzy_slippers liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am wearing this flat twist up do from when my hair had gotten braid last Thursday. It is up well. I bought some shea moisture mist to keep my hair moisturize. Next weekend, I am planning to Dc with the Camille Rose naturals Algae renew. Makes my hair feel superb!!! I got to clip my ends....or give myself a mini haircut I believe that why Lola been getting short and choppy. I want to reach BSL so I must give way to these ends which can be damaging.

"Stop...think about...let it simmer.... The more you try to define, the more you realize that some things in this life of ours are indefinable....I am one of those people that one word can not describe me in my entirety. But if I would describe myself...it would be indefinable!"

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Washed, conditioned, detangled and sealed. Today my hair is in two flattwists in the front with the rest in one medium bun. Took a couple hours, but it's worth it. Contemplating getting cornrows done for my move.

I'm still sad over my hair loss, but I'm trying not to stress over it and working with styling options that make it less noticeable. I'm trying to remind myself that my hair only has three lengths: Too Long, Too Short and Just Right.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast