Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Single strand knots. Split ends. Closed splits.
    http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Geo...on%20Dance.gif
    Why, yes! I am happy! How did you know?

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, sorry to hear that FS....you're not alone, just more patient than me. I locked mine back up because of your experience. All that work to just end up with more knots and splits. It's not the life for me. I'll be cheering you on. Keep fighting the good fight!
    KnottyAuthor aka Cheleski

The Knotty Truth Series: The OG natural hair care book series on natural hair,culture & science

3. Thanks fuzzy_slippers thanked for this post
    Likes hivierhair, KinkyChica liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had these havana twist in for nearly 8 weeks. Time for them to come out. But I'm having more installed afterward! It was nice to do nothing with my hair and try a new style. I also got a good amount of new growth.

Wondering if I should rest my hair between installations?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't do anything with my hair right now. I'm so sad.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy_slippers View Post
    I can't do anything with my hair right now. I'm so sad.
    Although I'm not in this challenge, I wanted to respond to your post. It sounds like you need relief! Do you know anyone that can give you a tlc session? A nice head massage, wash, condition, gentle detangling, & careful trim session??

I enjoy doing this for ladies I know. Lately, I've introduced some to henna sessions (word-of mouth referrals).

Maybe two years ago, I remember my sister asked for help (at the end of my late night visit !!) I stayed an extra 1-1.5 hr or so because she needed tlc.

I spent considerable time massaging her scalp before & after the session. She had no hair products or good tools in the house but equipped with my hair board knowledge & experience I was to relieve her then sickly & stressed self (plus she has 3 young kids). When I left after 1:30 am she was relaxed & very appreciative.

The next day, her hubby thanked me because her hair looked fabulous. She told me she received compliments & folks wondered what she did to her hair. Answer: nothing fancy or complicated (water for moisture, smidgen of oil, gentle but thorough de-tangle, slight trim & loose bantu knots)

It feels good to help ppl during these times so I hope you have someone in your life that can do that for you too.
    Last edited by nocaresorhair; 10-28-2013 at 04:25 AM.

7. Likes KinkyChica liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nocaresorhair View Post
    Although I'm not in this challenge, I wanted to respond to your post. It sounds like you need relief! Do you know anyone that can give you a tlc session? A nice head massage, wash, condition, gentle detangling, & careful trim session??

I enjoy doing this for ladies I know. Lately, I've introduced some to henna sessions (word-of mouth referrals).

Maybe two years ago, I remember my sister asked for help (at the end of my late night visit !!) I stayed an extra 1-1.5 hr or so because she needed tlc.

I spent considerable time massaging her scalp before & after the session. She had no hair products or good tools in the house but equipped with my hair board knowledge & experience I was to relieve her then sickly & stressed self (plus she has 3 young kids). When I left after 1:30 am she was relaxed & very appreciative.

The next day, her hubby thanked me because her hair looked fabulous. She told me she received compliments & folks wondered what she did to her hair. Answer: nothing fancy or complicated (water for moisture, smidgen of oil, gentle but thorough de-tangle, slight trim & loose bantu knots)

It feels good to help ppl during these times so I hope you have someone in your life that can do that for you too.
    Thanks so much for this post. I was feeling stressed because yesterday was my anniversary. My husband planned an evening out. The hairstyle I planned just fell apart and the shea mix I'd made didn't go quite right. I had a tangled, sticky mess. Instead of going out, we had a quiet night in. He gave me a shampoo and scalp massage.

9. Likes KnottyAuthor, amourese, KinkyChica liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday, I went to the Natural Hair Salon here and Nashville. I received a trim an a deep steam treatment felt great. I love the vibe of the salon and they do phenomenal work. I will probably get another updo from them before Thanksgiving and the winter holidays. Maybe hair extensions. I haven't put my hair in a proctective style...I took out my flat twist tues and wore my hair out until Saturday. Today I lightly moisturized and placed a scarf on my head to protect from the cooler temperatures. Also I bought a satin pillowcase. I do not know why I was so late on getting it....my hair has been less dry and prone to frizz.

"Stop...think about...let it simmer.... The more you try to define, the more you realize that some things in this life of ours are indefinable....I am one of those people that one word can not describe me in my entirety. But if I would describe myself...it would be indefinable!"

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a terrible dream last night; that I went bald on the top and had a cornrow combover.

Wearing 10 cornrows with all the ends braided into one plait.

About halfway done with my road trip. After I settle in, I'll check out the salon listings I found.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what to do.

When I had a kinky sew-in I loved the fact that my hair was protected and my ends loved it! But it did a number on my edges and I had to X future sew-ins out.

I just took down marley twists and while my edges loved it to no end (my damaged spot from the sew-in grew considerably), my ends hated it! They became entwined with the marley hair, tangled and knotted up. I've decided to wait before I do another set.

So what do I do now? I need to trim a good inch or so off my ends so I'll eventually need to put twists in... But I'm tired of twists and braids. I've been thinking of trying bunning again. I don't think I did it right the first time. It was more, "let's throw this dry hair into a pony tail and leave it for a week" type of thing. Maybe if I actually stretch with large twists or braids and then put my hair into a bun, re-moisturizing every 2-3 days my results will be better?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy_slippers View Post
    I had a terrible dream last night; that I went bald on the top and had a cornrow combover.
    That imagery amuses me to no end. I doubt that dream will actually come true.

Quote Originally Posted by assia View Post
    I don't know what to do.

When I had a kinky sew-in I loved the fact that my hair was protected and my ends loved it! But it did a number on my edges and I had to X future sew-ins out.

I just took down marley twists and while my edges loved it to no end (my damaged spot from the sew-in grew considerably), my ends hated it! They became entwined with the marley hair, tangled and knotted up. I've decided to wait before I do another set.

So what do I do now? I need to trim a good inch or so off my ends so I'll eventually need to put twists in... But I'm tired of twists and braids. I've been thinking of trying bunning again. I don't think I did it right the first time. It was more, "let's throw this dry hair into a pony tail and leave it for a week" type of thing. Maybe if I actually stretch with large twists or braids and then put my hair into a bun, re-moisturizing every 2-3 days my results will be better?
    How were your ends before you put the Marley twists in? If they were rough before you put the twists in, might your ends have experienced more friction?

I also want to try bunning, but I am worried about too much manipulation. I hope someone more experienced with bunning chimes in.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast