Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NP Mail-in protest: Sending a lock of our afro hair to Sheryl Underwood

The above video was posted in the celeberie to which I responded: I feel like mailing Sheryl Underwood a lock of my afro hair in a zip lock bag.....Now, some of you may know we like to colour outside the lines in the celeberie, so this comment prompted some serious responses from NP members who would actually be willing to part with a lock of hair just to mess with Sheryl. If any of you would like to join our off the beaten path form of protest against Sheryl's general coonery and ignorance of afro hair, please feel free to join us! We're DEAD serious too! You can mail in your lock of afro textured hair to the following address:

CBS studios c/o The Talk:
    4024 Radford Avenue
    Studio City, CA 91604

We're hoping to coordinate our "fro-mail" to arrive around the same time (Sept, 13th, 2013)

Let us know if you decide to join us!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait - send in a piece of my hair to her? that's cool and all but why not an angry letter? do they throw those away? will hair make more of a difference? lemme know

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking both actually. Letter and hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vavoon View Post
    wait - send in a piece of my hair to her? that's cool and all but why not an angry letter? do they throw those away? will hair make more of a difference? lemme know
    I think the gesture makes a statement, despite what is done with the hair in the aftermath. Hopefully it will tick Sheryl off and she'll mention it to further highlight her deep-rooted foolishness on this matter. And seeing that Black women is most likely not the show's target audience, they will either capitalize on it and do a segment or they will ignore it because (natural) Black women may not be a meaningful demographic to them which would then possibly have two of the co-hosts side-eye the show or then the two co-hosts may be perfectly comfortable knowing that their employer is using then as window-dressers.

That's one long, convoluted sentence but that's how it flowed out of my mind....

5. Likes Vavoon liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool, could you also start a petition on change.org?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vavoon View Post
    cool, could you also start a petition on change.org?
    Great idea!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My $0.02 on this matter: I'm guessing I've seen a sum total of 30 minutes of The Talk in the entire time it's been on the air and I'm just going to be honest: I knew nothing about Sheryl Underwood before that show but the little bit I've seen of her on that show wasn't very appealing and I'm not just talking about the weave (which puts me off in general especially if it's obviously a weave). Something about her performance on that show just felt off to me.

Once I heard about this latest thing, I was really really hoping that her words were taken out of context and she was merely referring to the practice of keeping kids' hair in baggies as nasty. Then I saw the video and...*deep sigh* I hate being proven right about stuff like this...

I refuse to gift this woman with a single strand of my precious hair or pay the postage to do it...but I like the idea and will be looking forward to hearing about y'all on the national news...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never heard of "The Talk" or Sheryl Underwood before all of this.

Needless to say she's pathetic.

On the one hand I always support a worthy protest, but on the other I don't like to give people like this the attention they crave and on the other hand I don't care about her or what she thinks at all... Hmmm... Imma hafta think about this but big ups to you ladies who are organizing and fighting the good fight. Actually my 4th hand also thinks that they expect us to be silent about this and it will "blow over" so it's nice to not be silent sometimes. Decisions, decisions...
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, hmmm, just wow. I happen to love and watch the Talk whenever I get an opportunity. What Sheryl said was ridiculously ignorant sho nuff, but in this case I have to say you have to consider the source. She's a comedian and will say anything, which in many instances just borders on idiotic to get a laugh. That said, she does make me laugh, though she got the big ole side eye from me on this one.

That said, hmmm I just don't think I'd give sheryl the time of day because of this. I HATE what she said. She's just stupid tiz all. If you notice, none of the other ladies touched that with a 10 foot pole.

Anyhoo, I've watched the The Talk long enough to know that Sheryl COVETS wigs in a BIG WAY. She once showed off an entire huge walk-in closet of NOTHING but wigs. She changes wigs like she changes her clothes. The comment doesn't surprise me in the least.

I'll stay tuned in though cause I'd love to know how your efforts turns out.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

11. Likes Fuzziwuz liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I think this is way too much of a reaction.

Is she really that important? Why do we naturals care?? Do we mail hair to every anti-natural ignoramus?

I don't watch The View nor do I know who she is so perhaps that's where my "O_o" reaction is coming from.

Good luck though, but in my honest opinion this is too "big" a reaction for such a Z-list celebrity.

13. Thanks Miss T thanked for this post
    Likes Miss T, Sohful1, uzuri, Kurliez, MissChelle liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast