Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Decorating for the seasons...

Hey all...

i just recently moved into a townhouse (renting) but I adore my new house. I've never been into decorating and whatnot but now that I have a five year old who is into color I feel like I need to do something a little more to make our home homier.

I wanted to decorate for fall and Halloween (by going to the dollar tree and getting themed dishes, towels, glasses, knick knacks, etc). Since I'm super new to this whole decorating thing, what advice would you have for the novice aka me lol...

so you change dishes according to the holiday/season? Lmao I want to be like those Pinterest moms that are all themed out without being too much.

TIA!

YQ

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww.... my favorite season. If it was up to me I'd drive someone crazy with a theme in every room. However we're talking about a 5 year old, and color is important for psyche.... so bright colors are essential. If you're taking the Halloween route, the colors of candy corn: white, yellow & orange. Other festive colors: fall foliage - green, red, orange w/ a hint of brown. Make some of your decorations using dollar store items. However I wouldn't get specific festive dishes, but something universal and change color of napkins, ring holder, centerpieces, get different types of pillow covers, duvet covers, towels, shower curtain.... things that's easily changeable... because storage may be an issue.

3. Thanks YorubaQueen thanked for this post
    Likes YorubaQueen liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Fuzziwuz!!

Girl i was ready to go spend some money at the $Tree because they have some CUTE stuff in there for fall...and i was ready to hollat at some small bins and just put up fall stuff in the basement (I've been purging and would be willing to set aside some room under the stairs to store this stuff) but I love your idea about the one color of plates but changing the accessories. And I never thought about pillow covers...I'm going to have to get into that right away.

Thanks again!

YQ

Onnica is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I also do the seasonal theme decor. I don't spend a lot every year though. I just store items and bring them out with the seasons. That way you can add on without breaking the bank. Seasonal center pieces and door wreaths are my staples. For harvest I placed a large ceramic pumpkin,a large sunflower without the stem,orange battery operated candle and a couple of acorns and it looks fall festive with very little effort. Outsside My hubby placed 3 cornstalks around our light pole and placed harvest children and haystacks with pumpkins and gourds and it is too cutesie. Country locale. I hope you and your little girl enjoy decorating and creating momories together. Remember theme scents too. Peace and Blessings.