Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I tend to warm(not boil, the smell with KILL your house) a little ACV in a pot with super burnt on food. (I have crappy pots and a gas range...it happens a lot.) It gets off all of the scuff and burnt on marks as well as food.

I wash my dishrack in the sink in regular soapy water...usually at the beginning of washing my dishes and at LEAST once a week.

Fuzziwuz, I know I could google but what's a Lid Sid?

Living abroad? Thinking of moving, or just moved back? Check out the Expat Nappies group!

Don't forget to THANK PANK!

2. Thanks Savantrice thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE: Dishwasher/ Racks: There was really no need for a rack when using a dish washer. Load/unload from cabinet to washer. Ordinarily, I'd hand wash a rack, but not that often since the only thing dirty are water stains. I'm wondering would a metal rack rust if it's dish washed often? I guess it depends upon the quality of the rack. RE: Special tricks - none really. Quality product and pre-rinse dishes. Don't over load. RE: Pots with stubborn stains -- soak and a mild pot scrubbers. I normally avoid the issue by selecting non-stick cookware, or line ware with foil for easy cleanup.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjolims View Post
    ......what's a Lid Sid?
    Steam pot vent openers.

Onnica is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I don't have a dispenser but my Mom uses hand soap in hers. It boils down to personal preference. I went without using a dishwasher for years. I now use it on the regular . I like that the dirty dishes are out of the way while waiting to be cleaned rather then cluttering the sink and counter top. A handyman friend of mine told me that if you place a cup of vinegar in the dishwasher once or twice a year it will keep it nice and clean in those hidden areas. Peace and blessings.

5. Likes OHR liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who gets down on the regular with their crock pots? It's that time of year! Pull them on out yall.(LOL)

7. Thanks OHR thanked for this post
    Likes MsDev liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onnica View Post
    Who gets down on the regular with their crock pots? It's that time of year! Pull them on out yall.(LOL)
    I don't have a slow cooker but I was thinking about buying this one. Which one do you have?
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chachadiva View Post
    Folks wash their dish racks??
    Gurl, you betta wash it once in awhile. When your dishes and pots drain, there might be residue that collects in the nooks and crannies....my dishrack is aluminum, so I'm good with sticking it in the dishwasher. You'd be surprised what comes off.

If yours is made from that hard plastic, a good soak followed up with a sponge should do it.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chachadiva View Post
    I don't have a slow cooker but I was thinking about buying this one. Which one do you have?
    Ooooh...fancy!
    I've got the tried and true one. Love.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Yall. That's the same one I have. It works really well. The only thing I do not like about it is you cannot go straight to the warm function. It goes automatically after the cook time has run out. However sometimes the food cooks faster then the set time and you want to put it on warm instead of turning it off. Or you may want to use the pot to heat something up or keep something warm after you cooked it using a different source. Be it stove, oven, grill, take-out,etc. The newer models have a warm setting that is a chosen feature not just automatic. Is yours the same as mine or is it the later model? I will eventually replace mine but cannot justify doing so since that's a minor issue and it works fine.
    As a house warming gift a friend of mine purchased a 3 set crockpot for me. I use that more often now then the other one. I can cook entire meals in that one separately. It's one large unit. The three bowls are 2.5 each. Perfect size for two peeps or a singleton. It's not a common seller but you see them a lot around the holidays. They come in really handy for serving sides, dips, wings and pot luck style dishes too. It's not an item I would have thought to purchase for myself but I do not want to live without one now. This one has the warm feature that I love too. Crockpots are very inexpensive and very safe to use while you sleep or chill or are away from home. If you do not love to cook or spend a lot of time in the kitchen it's a must have. You can still have hot healthy meals prepared with a small amount of effort. Less expensive cuts of meat are nice and tender after the slow cooking process. An added bonus is the incredible smell wafting through the house all day or the smells upon your arrival home. This is the perfect time of year to have one if you live in the cooler climates. So good for stews and soups even though I use mine all year round.There are not a lot of meals I have not cooked in my crock. Hmm... now I'm hungry.(LOL))If you get one let us know. Peace and Blessings.

12. Likes MsDev, Sohful1, Savantrice liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another plus of using the dishwasher over handwashing is the extra counter space freed up from not having the drying rack on the counter top nor the bucket in the sink if you use one of those.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a dishwasher in my home that I may use once or twice a month. I never had one growing up so being a creature of habit I still hand wash. I do use it for storing the dishes until they dry though...lol. I honestly don't use it more than that because I feel it'll make my water bill higher.

As for the crock pots I have one that my son bought me probably 10 or more years ago...lol. And for sentimental reasons it'll probably be the only one I'll ever have until it runs out. I love making soups,oxtails and cooking london broil in it. And yes, the smell after a long days work is very inviting . It's like "welcome home".

When using your crock pot do you ladies place something under it? I used to sit mine on a baking pan or a piece of foil. Why I don't know...lol
    "Don't ever think I fell for you, or over you. I didn't fall in love, I rose in it. I saw you and made up my mind". Toni Morrison

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast