Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a kitchen question for you all...WHAT IS SHE DOING?!

Last edited by tjolims; 11-07-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Living abroad? Thinking of moving, or just moved back? Check out the Expat Nappies group!

Don't forget to THANK PANK!

Onnica is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All. No. I have never thought about sitting my crock pot on anything except the kitchen counter.
    Is anyone famiiar with a floor finish called Quick Shine Floor Finish? I just have vinyl flooring but to take them to another level without wax build-up I use it instead of wax. I love this product. Cheap at Meijers. They also have a wax so if you use it be careful to purchase the right one. It gives your kitchen and other floors a high wet looking shine. You can use up to six coats. I have only used two and that is plenty. Very easy to use and only takes about 20 minutes to dry. It makes old floors come alive again too. It can be used on all floor types including wood. I thought of it because with the holidays approaching you all may want to spruce things up. I have not used mine this year at all and the floors still look good accept for the high traffic laundry room. That's the mud area so it takes a beating and is very dull now. I am about to shine up all of my floors before the holidays. I have never experienced build-up from this product and have not noticed any yellowing either. Sometimes I have experienced the product peeling onto rugs but not to where the floor underneath looks bad nor the rug damaged. Almost a plastic wrap look. Anyhoo,let me know what yall think. Peace and Blessings.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tjolims View Post
    ...WHAT IS SHE DOING?!
    Making a hot @ss mess. I wonder who ate it in the end. Only mac & cheese connoisseurs with cast iron stomachs can indulge. The average individual will either die or get ill. Too many ingredients and I don't see the point of having wheat pasta when other is included. That's no ordinary M&C, that's mystery mac & cheese.... where you guess what is it, in it and whether you'll need the Pepto afterwards.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All. I made a mean pot of beef stew in my crock the other day . We went to town on it . Only two for din din and only one tiny bowl leftover. Since I am working on Thanksgiving I will not be hanging out. I planned a chicken and dumplins dinner for my Mom and a few other relatives. I will make that on the stove in a huge pot with plenty for the unexpected that may show up. What's happening in yall's kitchens? Peace and Blessings.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. Don't judge me but I feel almost guilty for using my crock for hot dogs. Wanted them hot for when hubby came home without any reheating. Put those weiners in on low for a few hours and then on warm.There are not a lot of meals I won't use mine for. I even cook burgers in it if super tired after working all night. I will have a pre Thanksgiving dinner for a few family members. Chicken and Dumplings. That I will make on the stove.(LOL) I cheat though. I use non-flakey bisquits instead of homemade. Homemade is probably easy but gonna stick with what I already know works. What yall doing in those kitchens? Peace and Blessings.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QUESTION: After you make a big pot of something and you have leftovers, do you leave the food in the pot and put the pot in the refrigerator. Or do you transfer the food to storage containers and put those in the fridge. I saw an online post where a marriage was in danger over this.

In other kitchen news, I've been doing a lot of baking. I've made soft pretzels, whoopie pies, banana muffins, chocolate chip bread, and cookies.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends .... the size of the pot, contents and space in the refrigerator. Sometimes I'll cook and no one eats. Why remove the contents and place in another container only to put it back in the pot the next day? If there's left overs, then storage containers. Other... the pot, if it fits.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chachadiva View Post
    QUESTION: After you make a big pot of something and you have leftovers, do you leave the food in the pot and put the pot in the refrigerator. Or do you transfer the food to storage containers and put those in the fridge. I saw an online post where a marriage was in danger over this.

In other kitchen news, I've been doing a lot of baking. I've made soft pretzels, whoopie pies, banana muffins, chocolate chip bread, and cookies.
    I just bought an oven and am so excited about baking...can you share your pretzel recipe? :-) And um...what's a whoopie pie?

Living abroad? Thinking of moving, or just moved back? Check out the Expat Nappies group!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tjolims View Post
    I just bought an oven and am so excited about baking...can you share your pretzel recipe? :-) And um...what's a whoopie pie?
    If you plan on doing a lot of baking, two great resources are the King Arthur Flour blog/site and Martha Stewart's site (great videos)

Soft pretzels: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recip...retzels-recipe (If you want step by step photos, here's the blog post: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/...twisted-bliss/)

Whoopie pies: http://www.thekitchn.com/whoopie-pie...youll-a-116225 (I've made the chocolate ones. YUM)
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, chacha. Did you do the baking soda bath for the pretzels?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast