Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like I'm going to have to co-wash or rinse daily to "train" my wash n go. Some parts have a lil fuzz, and doing that will make the coils clump together. It probably doesn't help that I'm lazy with it. To me, wash n go means WASH AND--guess what--GO. I so don't have time to be raking gel through tiny sections of this mane. I take a glob of leave-in and a glob of Eco styler....and smooth my hands over the whole thing. Done. LOL

I could stand to trim just a tad....

Tomorrow I will attempt to do a braid n curl...

Oh how I long for the sweet, slimy goodness of kccc....That stuff gets my hair ON POINT!
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slightly NSFW for language.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

3. Thanks KinkyChica thanked for this post
    Likes KinkyChica liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One year, 5 months, 9 days later...longest section is almost 7" long. Yet, I find shed hairs about 9" long. Yay?

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Three or four days of working with loose natural hair and I'm already like -_-

Darn C&G Braids spoiled me!!!

Its not hard; I'm just being lazy. Hey, at least I can admit it ^_^
    /

6. Likes hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have three activities at work.

1. Doing work.
    2. Get panicked over simply things because that's what I seem to like doing.
    3. Keeping my coworker out of my hair. (A problem I've literally never had before. WOMAN, YOU HAVE A RING, YOU WILL GET STUCK).

8. Thanks hivierhair thanked for this post
    Likes hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am at a very bad place with my hair, I am literally scared when wash day comes along due to the tangles I get. My head is still hurting from the little bit of combing I had to do yesterday. My hair is thick, hard and not growing...I dislike it.

I don't want to do dreadlocs, the type I like require a level of maintenance I don't have time for, keeping it loose isn't working out...it's just not, it's too humid to try some heat, I want to grow it out so cutting isn't really an option at the moment, I could relax it but my heart isn't into that at all ...what the hell do I do??

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^@AStone I am sorry that you dislike your hair right now. How often do you wash your hair? Do you co-wash in between washes? What is your wash day routine? Why do you think you are getting so many tangles? What products are you using on wash day and through out the week? How do you wear your hair leading up to wash day? Do you cover your hair or sleep on a satin pillow case at night? All this and more can affect how your wash day goes. If your heart isn't in changing the texture permanently, then there is nothing else to do but be patient and take your time with your hair on wash day.

I know you want to grow your hair out, but would cutting it all off and starting over help you get a handle on what your hair does and doesn't like? I know for me, I realized a bit late in the game after my BC that I can't comb my hair more than once or twice a month at best! Otherwise, the cuticle layer on my strands wears away and I end up with scraggly skinny brittle ends. I couldn't fix the damage I caused from combing my hair daily for three years straight so I ended up shaving my head and starting over. It was probably the best thing I could have done for my hair. Two years of almost exclusively finger detangling later, I can count on two hands how many times I have combed my hair and I can clearly see the difference. Starting over from scratch gives you the opportunity to handle your hair at every stage and it makes it easier to change your routine as your hair changes. Plus you have the added advantage of knowing what your hair does and doesn't like from the jump so you can stop doing certain things and your hair will show you how much she appreciates it.

I don't know if this is helpful for you but I sure hope it is! Good luck and don't give up.

11. Thanks AStone thanked for this post
    Likes AStone, hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AStone View Post
    I don't want to do dreadlocs, the type I like require a level of maintenance I don't have time for, keeping it loose isn't working out...it's just not, it's too humid to try some heat, I want to grow it out so cutting isn't really an option at the moment, I could relax it but my heart isn't into that at all ...what the hell do I do??
    The last time I was in your position I threw some extensions in and called it a day. However, that was many, MANY years ago. I don't know how you feel about wigs but if you're not averse to them (I am) you might want to go wig shopping just so you can have a break. Only thing is I don't know how wigs work...if the point is to keep out of your hair for a while it seems extensions or weave may be a solution.

--

Random thoughts from this week in hair:

So this super-stretched hair thing...I made a batch of whipped shea butter and have been using that most nights before plaiting it up and going to bed. I've been making big plaits for the most part, and switching the locations so I'm not doing too much manipulation. I had created a YT playlist of natural hair updos but this whole week I've just resorted to my familiar updos because they're quick and I don't feel like spending the time learning new ones right now. (I'm working every day, including Sundays, for the next three weeks or so.) I also went to CVS and got some more hairpins but they're by Conair and they're not thick enough/strong enough so it's going to be Sally's hairpins from here on out.

I've noticed that by just using whipped shea butter and nothing else my hair feels very soft but there's a little extra fuzz that wouldn't be there if I were using oil or something a little heavier and wetter. There's also not as much sheen. Again, in the hopes of doing less manipulation, I'm going to try to go one more week before washing my hair again, and when I do wash, I'm going to shampoo again rather than co-wash just to make sure I get the shea butter out.

Wearing updos and looking at updo videos has made me aware of the forgotten (at least it seems that way to me) concept of hairdressing. My clothes have been very casual and young-looking because it's not like I have to be in an office but my hair isn't casual at all. By that I don't mean super-elaborate styles...I mean that, especially with my increasingly-noticeable gray, I look a little like a librarian about the head. All I need is some thick glasses and I'd be set. The rest of me is very young-looking but I think it's my hair that's making people call me "ma'am." Which I'm totally fine with BTW...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

13. Likes AStone, hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My twistouts are coming out looking like crap. Couldn't figure it out.

I must be using the wrong product. Leave-in conditioner isn't gonna cut it.

I need some Elasta QP Olive & Mango Butter Moisturizer.

Which I can't get right now... -_-
    Last edited by CoilyHairedBeauty; 10-18-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I threw my hair in large braids after deep conditioning last night. "Buns" will be the name of the game for a few days because braidouts fail me.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast