Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been so consumed in my daily life that I forgot I had locs. Yes, forgot!! (Not neglect) if they have grown I wouldn't have noticed! I seriously do the usual routine in terms of care and forget about them. I have twisted my locs maybe 5 times this whole year. I wouldnt be surprised if there were new locs forming from my loose hairs! I might see a loctitian for NYE since new years always starts with a celebration

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got to start wrapping my hair, or at least putting it up in a bun, during waking hours. Last night, I almost managed to burn my hair on the stove while cooking.

Ugh!! Sometimes, I get so frustrated with my hair getting caught up in my shirts while changing. They get caught up in about everything, really. And I can't tell you how many times I almost ripped some out during sleep. So yep, wrapping it up is in order.

I almost get to the point where I am over all this hair, but that quickly passes. I kid with people when I say I'm about to shave 'em off just to see their reactions. (No worries lol)

And oh yes, the holidays are approaching... No one's come at me sideways about my hair for some years now. Glad that's over with... But I'm sure somebody will manage to be really annoying - now that, I can't run from.

3. Likes QueenLocks liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^@DAzeoff: Okay, say it with me.... "Satin Bonnet"
    { or at least Dreadsock, or something like it }
    You can also make a headwrap from a "half-slip" by sewing up one end.
    If you don't have a needle/thread, then possibly a very large rubber band on top of a knot will also secure your hair.
    http://www.Queenlocks.com
    http://queenlocks.wordpress.com
    NP Member for 10+ years!
    NP Of The Month OCT. 2004

5. Likes DazeOff liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QueenLocks View Post
    ^^^^@DAzeoff: Okay, say it with me.... "Satin Bonnet"
    { or at least Dreadsock, or something like it }
    You can also make a headwrap from a "half-slip" by sewing up one end.
    If you don't have a needle/thread, then possibly a very large rubber band on top of a knot will also secure your hair.
    lol I've actually been thinking about the Dreadsock. That half-slip idea is pure genious, I tell you.

I'm slowwwwly getting into the habit of wrapping my hair in scarves. I think my problem in the past was losing them (that, coupled with general laziness), but I bought an azzload of giant scarves from eBay (.99 a pop... Thanks China!). They're everywhere in my crib, and now I don't have an excuse!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onnica View Post
    @NappilyT Please share more about those wraps. It sounds like something fun and easy. My locs need some holiday pop. Are they called wraps and are they at the beauty supply store? Thx
    Hi Onnica. The wraps I wore were fun while they lasted. I didn't like how they clung to my locs like velcro when I tried to take them out and the blond just seemed to really pop...much too loud for me I later realized lol.
    But if you want to try, all I did was buy some of that Marley kinky twist type braiding hair (doesn't really matter what brand) and secure it to the base of your loc by braiding down a bit (using your loc as one of the 3 strands). Then you just wrap one of the extension strands from the root to the end of your loc and tie it off (for easier removal than the alternative method of wrapping the hair back in an upward direction once you reach the end to achieve the look of a sealed end). That's it. It's super easy to do, but like I said, removal was Scary!! I probably won't do it again anytime soon.
    ~Live each moment of your life; Laugh just for the hell of it; Love everyone.~

Journey Pics and Fitness Pics at www.public.fotki.com/ImFree2
    MommyHot25 on YouTube

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally made my appointment for my new SLs. Now all I have to do is cut my current SLs down to 4 in. and comb them out. Yay!
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

9. Likes caprimom liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chachadiva View Post
    I finally made my appointment for my new SLs. Now all I have to do is cut my current SLs down to 4 in. and comb them out. Yay!
    That is big news!
    Hope all goes well

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After 6 weeks, took the loc petals down. Ha! I forgot how long my dreads are. Going to pamper my locs today and then redo the style. I love the instant ability to go from long locs to short ones and back again. I also really like how since my locs are different lengths around that petals frame my face. Taking the petals down wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But that might also have to do with the fact that I continued to wash my locs while they were petaled so that helped loosen the rubberbands so most just slid right off. Plus, I'm anti tight scalp so the rubberbands weren't tight on my locs to begin with.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And finished!!! Good to go on styling until at least after Christmas. Just going to wash and do my ACV rinses to keep me going.

13. Likes QueenLocks, Venetter, chachadiva, caprimom liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^*SIGH*^^^ No matter how much I try, I just don't look right with this style {Loc Petals}.... Right now I am working a plait updo. I hope I can keep this up though, it is "TIGHT" {literally}. I might have to take the plaits down. I want to wear an updo this holiday weekend though.
    http://www.Queenlocks.com
    http://queenlocks.wordpress.com
    NP Member for 10+ years!
    NP Of The Month OCT. 2004

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast