Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Black Haitian Castor Oil vs. Jamaican Black Castor Oil

Hello Everyone,

I have heard a lot about the Jamaican Black Castor Oil...in my quest to find it I found it very difficult (besides going online). I ran across Black Haitian Castor Oil. Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the two? Is the Black Haitian Castor Oil just as effective as the Jamaican Black Castor Oil? I ended up getting the 100% pure black Haitian Castor Oil by OKAY but haven't used it yet...I kind of wanted to get some feedback regarding it. Your replies will be greatly appreciated.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should go ahead and try it sincce you already have it. Worst case, if it doesn't work, you can then move on to JBCO. Never heard about of HBCO, time for me to check out a Haitian convenience store.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

3. Thanks Luvyorself thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!, Yes I will try it. Let me know what you find out from the Haitian store, The brand is OKAY. The bottle is dark with a orangy (I know not a word) label with a Tree on it. It says 100% Black Haitian Castor Oil and on the bottom it says Oil of Palma Christi. Surprisingly I got it from the Beauty Supply. It doesn't have any type of offensive odor like I hear about the JBCO, but it is thick (being that it is castor oil) and has a slight tent to it, not as dark as the JBCO. I only paid $5.99 for it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried both. They work about the same to me. There's only a SLIGHT difference in smell as well.
    Rolling up on six years natural. What a journey!

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah JBCO can get kinda funky, I have to do a lot more washing when I use it, though I do love it. Let us know your results with the Haitian brand.

Onnica is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Yall. I recently purchased a bottle of JBCO from Amazon. It has Rosemary,Tea tree oil and a couple of other essential oils in it too. It has a very light scent so it can't be a lot of Rosemary cause Rosemary has a strong smell. Unless the smells are canceling each other out. It is not at all heavy and blends in easily and absorbs well. I was concerned because everything I have read about Castor oil says it has a strong unpleasant odor and is super gunky thick. I did'nt like the sound of that. However,having exhausted all other methods to regrow thinning edges I decided to give it a try. I have yet to notice a difference because I've only been using it for about two weeks. It does not build-up so I use it every other day since the winter is so drying. I will keep you all posted on any regrowth and thickening.
    Has anyone heard of using the Derma roller for stimulating hair growth? I have been reading a lot about this gadget as an anti-aging product to promote collagen formation on the face and neck. It is also being sold as being beneficial for regrowing hair. Even for the treatment of Alopecia. It's super cheap to the more expensive ones being under 100. The description of all of them are basically the same so why pay more? I started cheap and if displeased I will purchase a more expensive brand. You are suppose to use with your growth product for maximum benefit or even without and still get the benefit to some extent. It creates tiny pricks in the skin with needles that actually damage the skin and thereby causes an immediate response in the body to stimulate the growth of new collagen. It sounds barbaric,I know, but I like the reviews I have seen on utube enough to try it. It is for the entire body actually. Cellulite and stretch marks too! I'm not promoting it as something that works as of this point. I have not used it yet but it's worth looking into.( that's my disclaimer) You all can find more information on utube, and Whitelotus.com and various other sites. They sell on E-bay and Amazon as well as other sites also. I ordered mine yesterday and can't wait to use it. I will start on my neck and go from there. Check it out yall. Or I will be the Guinea pig for this one and let yall know. (lol) Peace and Blessings.