Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello All!!

My last relaxer was in September. I'm transitioning for the 3rd time. The first time I was still in high school and had no clue what I was doing. The second time I was pregnant and dealing with two different textures wasn't something I felt like doing anymore. Now I feel like I'm completely ready! A friend of mine just finished transitioning and I love hair. She has been a big inspiration to me. I plan to big chop after 6 or 8 months. My current style is kinky twists. I wish I would've gotten a sew in instead but I'll get that next after I give my own hair a break. I'm excited about doing something new and good for myself. I can't wait to discover my real natural hair. I think transitioning will help me mentally prepare myself by easing me into being natural.

2. Likes deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome GMK!!
    Yes it sounds like you are ready for that first big step to Nappturality Everyone's journey is different and it takes us all different kinds of time to get there. From your post I can see that you already know that returning to natural is a journey of discovery and that's what is so amazing about it.

Transitioning is more about the mind than about our hair. Our hair grow in in its natural state the second we stop using chemicals. Our minds take longer to stop thinking in the straight mindset. My first advice to you is to get used to looking at and feeling your natural hair. Get to know it from the roots, the way it feels and acts. Your hair will be different from your friend's so don't fall into the trap of comparing yours to hers.

Start wearing your hair out, without extensions as soon as you can. Learn how to style it as it grows. That way you won't be caught with a whole head of natural hair you don't know how to work with!

We'll be here for you along your journey so don't hesitate to post a message whenever you need support or encouragement, or styling ideas!

~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I transitioned when I went natural and I'm happy I did so that I had a little length to play with. Good luck on your hair journey!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My last relaxer was in September too! I'm a Sophmore in high school but its good to see others transitioning. Question, how are the kinky twist working out with the relaxed/natural hair? I'm looking into doing the twists for myself to give myself a break from braid extensions (protective styling)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, I'm sure you can learn a lot here from everyone who is on a hair journey !

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good luck on your journey! I am newly natural and will be looking for some guidance until I learn my hair