Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deecoily View Post
    It's just to hot to mess with my hair.
    can I just say Dee, I think it's awesome that you participate in the threads
    Nappy since 2006

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nocaresorhair View Post
    Unable to visualize Labell's post of her french twisted beehive hairdo; I googled french twist. Honestly, I was unsure of what is considered a french twist.

I saw style images of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffanys & Kim Novak's worn in Vertigo. Since I was a tad bit surprised by the hair photos - I googled chignon.

The search results were "eye-opening" & I realize I confuse/misuse styling terms (not that it matters much). However, I do wish that Labell would have posted her french twisted -beehive hairdo.

That's a favorite of mine (french twisted) & think it works well with many variations. Last week, I too wore a classy version of this style for my interviews.
    It didn't quite have the same height as Audrey Hepburn's, but yeah, that was the basic look, and "chignon" is the right word for it.

Also, I apologize, but I almost never post pictures of my hair online anymore. Been there, done that. That said, I've been thinking about doing a comprehensive Sprangz demonstration album for some time now in which I show what my "WNG hair" looks like with and without them. Since I'm back to wearing the coily 'fro (which is basically a WNG with an additional stretching step using a blow-dryer or, if I have the time, Sprangz), I may try to put that together later this year.
    It's 2020...do you know where you're going to?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love my hair but I'm scared that if I'm too excited something horrible will happen to it and it'll break of . That's usually what happens when I think of something too much, some how it goes wrong.

I'm not playing with it though, just leaving it alone to grow and hopefully blow my mind come July…can the days go by faster please?

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having such a good hair week that I really don't want to wash it this weekend! Best 3-strand twist-out EVER, and I'm going to have to wash it out and start fresh for next week. AND I have to wash and braid my daughter's hair. Gotta find some good movies to pass the detangling & braiding time...

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Messed with my hair so much that I have a headache. Lawd......
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    It didn't quite have the same height as Audrey Hepburn's, but yeah, that was the basic look, and "chignon" is the right word for it.

Also, I apologize, but I almost never post pictures of my hair online anymore. Been there, done that. That said, I've been thinking about doing a comprehensive Sprangz demonstration album for some time now in which I show what my "WNG hair" looks like with and without them. Since I'm back to wearing the coily 'fro (which is basically a WNG with an additional stretching step using a blow-dryer or, if I have the time, Sprangz), I may try to put that together later this year.
    Thanks for responding! I actually understand not posting hair pictures for it's been longer than a year for me . My intent was to devote my FB page to all things hair because frequently I was questioned about henna, maintenance, & my protective styles. In fact, my profile picture was a shot of the back of my head styled with twisted pinup.

Of course, I was too lazy to redo the page so I shutdown my account & never reactivated it. This winter, I've been hair lazy & hiding the hair w a black beret but I plan to jumpstart my styling game before hat season ends. Lately, I've been browsing sites for style inspiration to curb my laziness. It hasn't worked but I found this easy & attractive style : http://hairandhealth.blogspot.com/20...k-elegant.html.

Fyi, I like the look of sprangz as hair jewelry featured in the left video.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding out that my hair loves butters so far especially cocoa butter. Idk why I haven't tried sooner. Using it as a sealant my tresses has been retaining moisture better. I am so glad I have found this out. I am on my way.....o mastering this braid-out. I went to school these past two days and I been getting an array of complimentsand admiration stares. It is quite unnerving ( the stares) but that means this wild look has gotten a certain je ne sais quoi I have also been minimizing tangles from doing braid-outs.

"Stop...think about...let it simmer.... The more you try to define, the more you realize that some things in this life of ours are indefinable....I am one of those people that one word can not describe me in my entirety. But if I would describe myself...it would be indefinable!"

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, supposedly, highly textured hair like ours is "dry" because all the tiny coils and bends prevent the scalp's natural oil from lubricating it.

It stands to reason, that if the hair were straight, it'd have an easier time getting to the ends.

Well. My hair doesn't like to be stretched for more than a couple of days! It doesn't matter how much moisturizer I apply. I'm starting to think stretching my hair dries it out, LOL.

Now if I let my hair dry completely in its natural state, it doesn't feel "dried out" at all!
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp! I have a choice. I can A: Detangle my hair slap on some deep conditioner, wear a hat, go about my usual business and do my routine later, or B: Do all that shit now and still end up wearing a hat or headwrap because LAZY and DANCE. What to do.......?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bigger Bantu knots with no product..hm. That'll work post shampoo/conditioning for now.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast