Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deecoily View Post
    It's just to hot to mess with my hair.
    I WISH I had that problem. It's below freezing here . I'm afraid to go outside with wet hair

I know I should get my edges lined up for the party tonight, but I just. don't. feel like it :P

I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research.- Sherlock

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This half-wig is shedding a lot. I guess this means it's time to hang it up.

I started my cone experiment later than I planned so I'm just now coming up on wash day. My hair feels okay - not amazeballs but not terrible either. I've noticed that I've lost less hair casually detangling than I usually do, which is good. When I put gel over my leave-in it gives me a jherri curl-esque look, which is a little gross. I may have to abandon gels and use pomades for my slickbacks.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like looking at natural hair, no matter what texture or length, I just enjoy seeing natural hair…I do prefer loose natural hair to locs but that's about it.
    Yep, we have the best range in textures in the world.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wash day. Going to trim, deep condition, shampoo, the whole nine. Just waiting on my husband to go to work so I can have the bathroom to myself.

On another note, bunning my hair everyday has been the best thing EVER thus far. It's basically the only style I wear my hair in these days. Just easier that way. (It's also easier to get a hat on my head in this cold weather.) And I honestly can't color my hair anymore. It's become too dense and it takes upwards of FOUR BOXES to do my entire head now. No thanks.

I'm almost out of my Organix conditioner...but I'm on a "no buy" until I finish the rest of the stuff I bought. Or at least until I make a dead set list of staples. Problem is, there's so many products that work for my hair...not sure what to choose...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing sisterlock sized braids...my fingers are cramping and I've spent 6 hrs today on the back alone

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    BC: 12.4.06

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those things are the devil. My last set was about that small, and purposely made this set bigger in memory of that take-down session. It got so bad that I had to just leave it alone and wear a hat for a few days until I was ready to tackle it again.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skittles, I'm convinced I've lost my mind

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    BC: 12.4.06

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

skittles and fro, you're both better than me...

In order for me to get the least amount of scalp showing I'd have to make Sisterlock-sized braids and knowing how much work it is to take down even bigger (mini) braids I could totally see myself just leaving them in to loc, lol. In fact, I admit that one of the reasons I've recommitted myself to the coily 'fro is because it's a lot less of a time investment than minitwists. I know that once the twists are in there's very little time spent in day-to-day maintenance but I just don't have the patience to sit and do them anymore. In fact when (not if) I get a job again I would actually consider paying someone to do minitwists. This from an avowed salon-independent, lol...

--

I know I said I was going to kill this jar of KCCC but as soon as I say I'm going to do something I end up doing something else and yesterday, on a whim, I decided to substitute my normal KCKT/KCCC combo with whipped shea butter and Eco Styler gel that I thinned out with the last of my AVJ. Unlike just about every other hair type out here, I WANT something to weigh my hair down and this combo did not disappoint. In fact I even let my hair shrink all the way up and although I wasn't crazy about the look, it wasn't half bad.

Today I did dampen it and stretch it out with Sprangz and not only is it considerably softer (and only slightly "producty") than my normal KCKT/KCCC version, there's actually a bit of sheen to it that I don't normally see. I've learned that the KC version won't make it to a full 7 days but I'm going to see if this one will.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh. Advertising and hair products. Sometimes, it makes me sick. Especially when you know what's up.

Advertisements utilize "qualifiers". A qualifier is a word that relieves the company of responsibility if product doesn't yield customers desired results.

Ex. A company could say, "This hairdress, when applied twice daily, makes your hair grow."
    BUT THEY REALLY SAY
    "This hairdress, when applied twice daily, promotes hair growth."

"Promotes" is the qualifier. Essentially, the product isn't hindering growth, but it's not causing growth either. It does nothing.

You can "promote" hair growth easily, yourself. No special products needed. I'm promoting growth right now, by leaving my hair alone. I'm promoting growth by not harming / breaking my hair in any way.

Anyway, that, and the attractive models with "pretty" hair is how they make sales. If only more people understood this.
    Last edited by CoilyHairedBeauty; 01-26-2014 at 09:15 PM.
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess today is odd flat twists. I have nine and want to flip the ninth one in the opposite direction but my shoulders are like "No. You're not gonna make me twist that." Eh, that's okay. I'm going to watch some Cute Girl Hairstyles on youtube.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast