Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I, um...need help with loc repair

I'm embarrassed to tell yall what I was doing with my locs to need loc repair, but here goes:

I started my locs myself a little over 3 years ago. I wanted them thick, but there was one spot on the tip top of my head that I couln't see or reach well, and I couldn't part it right up there and I started that one very thick, like twice the size of the rest of them.

as the months passed on, I never really liked that loc. I really wish I had fixed it before now, but I decided maybe it's going to condense, maybe it's going to change and end up like the rest ,and I played a waiting game with it. I went through a lot of dislike stages with my locs.

Well, around recently, I finally made it to a point where I am really really in love with my locs, except for that one. I decided to try to split it.

In all honestly though, I knew it might not go well, but I decided that I'd rather try to split it and have it not go well and repair it than to keep living with that giant elephant loc.

So what I ended up with is one little 3 inch nub, and one giant honking loc hanging on by a couple strands. (for reference, the rest of my locs are all around bra strap length).

Youtube tells me that I need kinky human hair that is used for braiding. that's hard to find here. (the mindset around here seems to be, what's the point of getting fake hair if you're not getting *straight* fake hair? )

I will order the kinky hair if i have to, but I'm more of a local kinda girl. Is there any other options to making an extension? Even if it's sort of a loc, but really a braid, like 100% wool or something. It doesn't have to be perfect because the rest of my locs are not, I'd just like it to be able to be set when braided, because I do braidouts a lot.

I have been known to dye every once in a while, but I don't know if I'll be wanting to do that again any time soon.
    Last edited by coalblacklocs; 01-30-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    Thanks to whoever panked me!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, coalblacklocs, do you live in the States? I have some hair I could send you.

It's one unopened box of Lord & Cliff 100% Human Afro Puff Hair, Color 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to try it! I got some kinda sorta wavyish hair and crocheted up a loc out of it, and put it in, and then i had to wash my hair and it pulled right out of my hair, leaving the naked nub. I think the next one I try, I'll sew it in with black thread for a little extra security.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, I was going to tell you to just comb out the "offending" locks, and relock them the size that you want. You can incorporate the shorter hair into the longer section with no need for fake hair.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks chacha, I think I'm going to end up doing that to the giant one hanging by a small collection of hair that I have left over.