Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I started this topic cause I have read where there are newbie vegs and what a way to transistion to being a veg than to use something you may eat all the time, and they way I started is using rice as my meat and coming up with all kinds of recipies to liven this starch up. Here are few that I recommend. :d)

Rice and Peas (many ways to make it you choose your way)

1 cup or boiled rice (brown, short, long, or medium grain)
    1 can of peas (sweet) OR
    1/2 cup of frozen or fresh peas
    Black Pepper
    Any other seasonings to ur desire

Instead of boiling rice in water I have used vegetable broth to give it more flavor and have added cayenne pepper to liven it up.

Hoppin' John

1 cup of rice
    1/2 cup of corn
    1/2 cup black eye peas

Cook seperately, season to your desire, mix together and let sit for at least 10 mintues to cool off and for the flavors to mix together and enjoy!

Rice and beans

1 cup of rice
    1 can of refried beans
    2 T of salsa
    1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (if vegan skip this, or use any cheese you want)

Cook seperately, add salsa to the beans, add cheese to beans, then add to rice and let cool off and enjoy!

If you have any other recipies that involve rice or any other starches in any other way please leave them here so we can share them!!!! :rainfro
    Sista girl is slowing growing out processed mess and into hair recess!!

[email]nikiabutler@yahoo.com[/email] is the best way to reach me

I am going [color=#33CC00]green[/color]...we got to save our world!!

[color=#3333FF]sayin' a ear-piercing Z-Phi to my sawrahs here!![/color]

feepee Guest

check out my vegetarian fried rice

here

seasonings
    -black pepper
    -seasoning salt
    -curry
    -soy sauce

Instead of butter I use sunflower oil margarine. Sometimes i'll also use my olive oil.

The veggies (fresh and frozen) were fried up with the margarine and seasonings first. Then I slowly added rice. The soy sauce was added just before it was all done.

vinny_46 Guest

*drooling over feepee's fried rice*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freepee, you got the rice looking good!

feepee Guest

*smacking my lips, licking my fangas*

:-) whooo hooo!!! yall i just ate some wildrice with baked beans... that junk was good. i steamed some broccoli for good measure, and even tho i'm full, i want more. i will definately be eating the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

This is what i did

-steamed cracked wild rice (added a dash of seasoning salt)
    -cooked a can of Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans (added tablespoon of Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy BBQ sauce, curry, black pepper, and a lil seasoning salt)
    -steamed fresh brocolli
    *mix it all together*

TIP: might wanna make some corn to go with that in order to get a complete protein with the corn and beans

It was filling and yummy! I've tried brown rice before and just didn't like the taste of it. So i decided to give wild rice a try. Yall wild rice is a keeper! I may have to try it mixed into my fried rice and see how that tastes.