Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should probably deep condition my hair today but...I don't want to.

I want to invest in some frizz-reducing products but...don't want to travel to Target. Or Ricky's.

Shea Moisture is back in Duane Reade. The pink label products is as close as it's gonna get. *shrug* It is what it is. #LAZY NATURAL

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When these grays finally take over, I predict one of two things will happen: Either it will be glorious or it will be a HAM. Either way it will happen just as I'm finally, after all these years, figuring out how my hair works. Hopefully I can keep the spirit of adventure alive. (Aw hell, who am I kidding? Adventure is my middle name.)
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

3. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    twix36 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want a cut and color. I haven't had short hair since going natural in 2009 and I've only colored my hair twice in my lifetime; always something tame. I want a change and since I can't really change the stuff I want to change right now, I guess I'll change my hair...lol. Don't know if I should go to my sister and let her do it. She is the only person that has done my hair for over 30 years but I know she would have to straighten it because she only works with straight hair. Or should I find a natural stylist and hope they get it right? I had planned to lock this year but now I think it's going to be a nice cut just don't know how short I want to go....decisions, decisions.
    Formerly known as New2natural1

April 4th--2 years fully natural

Thanks for Panking me!!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random things, some nice, some annoying:

1) As of today I think I can officially claim 7 days out of this coily 'fro. This morning I lightly dampened it with my hands in the shower, patted it into a nice heart shape, and let it air-dry. It's cute. I've just got to remember not to play with individual coils when I'm out and about...or, if I do, to remember to pat them back into place.

2) Re my last post in this thread: How come when I got out of the shower there was this ONE (1) long-azz white hair DANGLING from my 'fro? At first I thought it was just a shed hair that got caught on one of my other hairs but no...this bad boy is growing from my SCALP. I kept waiting for it to coil up to around my ear but it just kept touching my shoulder like, "Naw, girl..." Finally I had to just tuck it in with the other hairs around it.

3) I made some flaxseed gel this morning in the hopes that, when I dilute it with AVJ and a little oil, it will be the detangler to end all detanglers. I plan to try it tomorrow before I wash my hair. The reality is that I simply do not have the patience to be as thorough with shed hair removal as I need to be if I'm going to use my fingers only. If it works correctly, I should see less shed hair during the styling process.

4) As much as I love KCKT/KCCC, it's because of the Eco Styler green/S-Curl Lite/castor oil mix that I was able to get a 7-day coily 'fro that was also soft to the touch. Tomorrow I'll use the last of that mix, and then I'm going to have to find a new gel. Still leaning towards Eco Styler pink.

5) Been seeing a lot of references to "black hair" lately. I keep wanting to ask: What exactly is "black hair"? Because black folks have all kinds of hair textures. Right? If my hair texture is 3b, am I not "black"? Is IT not "black"? Why are we still doing this in 2014?
    Last edited by LBellatrix; 04-26-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After nearly 8 years of being natural, I think I'm starting to become a product junkie again!

I was roaming around in Target and spotted Oyin Handmade. Haven't used their products since 2007 and decided to give them another try. I got the Burnt Sugar Pomade, Hair Dew, and Juices and Berries. I put back the Whipped Pudding, but I'm itching to go back and get it.

I also picked up the Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner from Trader Joe's.

I also restocked my Qhemet Biologics stash...

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was pretty interesting that a lady today asked me, "What do you use on your twistouts?"

Who else, but a member of the "online natural hair community" would even know such terminology?

I think Heat Free Hair is a great concept. Real, natural-looking tighly coiled human hair. The price point, though, is a different story. I don't like having my hair sewn down to my head with restricted access to my scalp, but if I did do weaves, I'd want to try that hair. I hear they're coming out with wigs, too. I'd like to try the For Kurls collection.

If I did have $400, I wouldn't be spending it on hair extensions...

I've researched other companies with similar products, and the price is just too steep for me. Ugh.
    Last edited by CoilyHairedBeauty; 04-27-2014 at 03:29 AM.
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Texture Management Systems" are nothing more than BUDGET KERATIN TREATMENTS in disguise. Yeah, I SAID IT. And of course they're geared primarily toward naturals who dislike their texture and want to "soften" it and make it "more manageable". MISS ME WITH THAT NONSENSE. How about products that actually DO something for extra tight and kinky textures instead of offering a temporary straightening kit?? Like, COME ON with that garbage!

9. Likes meagan22 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Kimmaytube has a new growth video out. I am impressed.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I saw that! And then on another forum women were talking about how condescending she is... here, have a furniture store's worth of seats...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikalia42 View Post
    "Texture Management Systems" are nothing more than BUDGET KERATIN TREATMENTS in disguise. Yeah, I SAID IT. And of course they're geared primarily toward naturals who dislike their texture and want to "soften" it and make it "more manageable". MISS ME WITH THAT NONSENSE. How about products that actually DO something for extra tight and kinky textures instead of offering a temporary straightening kit?? Like, COME ON with that garbage!
    Having now been online talking about and discussing black women's hair for a VERY long time I know what they (the manufacturers) know:

Despite everything, a lot of black women are STILL unable or unwilling to work with what they've got. You could put every single successful (as in, they're successfully "managing" their hair) 4b and/or 4c YouTuber on a playlist and they would STILL find some excuse to say "Well, that won't work for me" or some such.

Now on the flip side: If you simply HAVE to have your hair straight, it's better to use something like this that wears off than to use harsh chemicals that can scar your scalp for life. Right? I'm not super-educated about these "systems"...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just honestly don't know why women need to make their hair managable by either relaxer, press, keratin or texturizer. My natural hair journey has been so easy. I'm 3C/4A and my hair has been so easy to manage.

I decided to stop wearing the bun and wear my hair down. It's close to the end of the year, and I will retire the bun until the next school year. I will NEVER use ECO Styler to wash n go again, my hair feels dry. I will go back to Pantene curling custard.

Hair has grown, shrinkage is the same Oh well, I'mm stretch like I always do.

13. Likes meagan22 liked this post
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast