Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CurlMadame View Post
    The braider charged me $15 extra because my hair was too long and thick....I was just joking yesterday but it was all too real today. Oh well, I have butt-long hair now.
    Truely would love have your problem, lol.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy to report that after 2.5 years my first-ever large jar of KCCC is officially EMPTY and in the recycling bin. Woot!

Interestingly, I had just enough left to do all but the very front of my head. Maybe next time I'll try to measure the amount I use but I'm guessing I go through maybe two teaspoons' worth of product for my entire head per session. And even that seems high considering that I've been using KCCC for at least three months out of this year and saying the jar's been low the whole time.

Today I cracked open the new, smaller jar and wrote the date on it in permanent marker. We'll see how long this one lasts...and again, since I'm sticking with this style (at least for the moment) and am done experimenting with gels and other stylers (at least for the moment), I should get a better gauge this time.

--

Changing topics: I wonder if I'll ever stop being bothered by seeing young women flinging weave around like it's their own hair. Yes, I KNOW it's a choice but in the back of my head there's always a little whisper: "It's okay to wear your own hair! Why hide it?" The arguments people make about who "can" and "can't" wear natural hair have become really tiresome to hear. On the flip side, I've noticed a slight uptick in YouTube videos made by 4c naturals, which makes me glad.
    It's 2020...do you know where you're going to?

3. Likes mramsey liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LBell:

In reference to the last part of your post, here's an experience I had:

So a coworker and I were interested in going to this gym.....I signed up. My coworker has a medium sized fro (4a/b) with heat damage in the front.

Well she told the gym's nutritionist that she wished her hair was like hers.

Girl, that nutritionist has wet & wavy (3c) #4 and #27 in. It's probably 22 inches long! She told my coworker, "All you have to do is take care of it."

....WHAT?! She is wrong! That is a weave and I knew the minute I met her. Got that stylist trained eye. Well my coworker was like that's her hair, she even puts it up in a bun!

Um...ever heard of fusion? I could tell by the part, and the density...the way the hair fell..

One day she got a good look at the front of her head....Girl my coworker came to me mad as heck like, "That ain't her hair. I'm so mad!"

Having a weave is not bad. LYING to people that its your hair? A bit deceptive and uncouth...

---

So yeah. I agree.
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

5. Likes meagan22, Cerendipity, LBellatrix, OHR, mramsey liked this post
    Onnica is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Coileyhairedbeauty The nutritionist should probably have just said " Thank You" and moved the conversation in a different direction. To me as the person complimenting I would know to let the issue go. Everyone does not feel as open as others as far as sharing what they wear on their head. Some are trying to pull a whammy over others which leaves us to wander why at times. Some just feel it is not a strangers business to know what is on their head. We live in a society now that kinda promotes sharing everything with everybody but there are still those that are private and for their own reasons keep certain things to themselves. I respect the boundaries that people set for themselves as I want them to respect mine also. On another note that was funny how you were able to describe the hair in her head and the color numbers. (LOL) When I was a wiggy I use to spot the names of the wigs other women wore. I was always comfy sharing hair info be it fake or my own. I am one to approach folks and strike up a hair,wig or weave convo without giving it a second thought. So far as I know I have not run accross anyone that wanted to keep it a secret or took offense to my forward approach.
    Expect Great Things!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    *waves* It HAS been awhile...

I went through some bad breakage this winter (stress from the job the contributing factor) but I'm back on track! The protein treatments and using the Hot Head for deep conditioning have been extremely helpful.

Most of my hair is between BSL and MBL at the moment...and the wiry texture that I remember pre-chemo is back six years later. I've been (trying) to wear wash and gos for the last month, and my hair shrinks close to my ears! Some definition, but it takes a heap of Eco gel, conditioner and oil to make that happen, and I'm not into the heavily gelled and oiled look. I'd forgotten about the almost 80% shrinkage factor. A coworker and dear friend asked me 2 days ago if I'd cut my hair (I was wearing a nasty bun)...she still doesn't get it.

Been tempted to lock, but I still enjoy my loose hair...until it's time to wash it.
    Come on over to tha dark side.

Thanks to whoever panked me!

8. Likes Cerendipity, meagan22, OHR liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol... ^^^
    /

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops double post
    /

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing I don't like is people that assume because I wear a weave that I don't love my hair or myself or because I don't relax, I think natural is the only way.

I don't assume about your hair choices, so don't assume about mine. The only successful way for me to protective style is a weave. Nothing more , nothing less.

" Why travel down her natural journey, when your own is so unique ?" ~ Cerendipity

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From now on, whenever I say "I'm sticking with x product" just take it with a big grain of salt because apparently I'm still impulsive as hell...

This time around, I was in CVS with a gift card. Wandered (!) over into the hair aisle and said, "Maybe now's the time to finally try a Shea Moisture product!" So I went on and got a jar of the Curl Enhancing Smoothie and THEN went home to see how folks were using it. Told you...impulsive. But at least it was a gift...

Anyway, I was under the impression that it was a styler but instead it's more of a heavy leave-in moisturizer. This morning I decided to use it in place of my KCKT and oil when doing my kinda-sorta WNG. Surprise #1: There's something else that plays well with KCCC. Surprise #2: The heavy leave-in is apparently what my coily 'fro was missing. Using homemade whipped shea butter was okay in the winter, but in warmer conditions it was overkill. The SM is giving me softness and shine without being greasy. Not to mention the definition is SICK. I can finally say I get the SM hype.
    It's 2020...do you know where you're going to?

13. Likes OHR liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So a controversy just blew up on my Twitter TL regarding a white girl that was featured on CurlyNikki's site. I see people dragging that girl but shouldn't this be taken up with Curly Nikki?

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast