Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know the size of Sterling's donations, but I was told that if a "sizeable" amount is donated, a correspondence which states the amount is sent to "headquarters" so that the top people in the NAACP will know. This is so that they can meet with that person and personally thank him, etc. This is the way any charitable organization would treat their VIP donors. The local NAACP also has to send an accounting report to "headquarters" for a consolidated report for the organization. I was told different numbers, but I think quarterly. This includes the names of the people giving the money so that a tax deduction statement can be sent to those donors.

The last three paragraphs are typically of their "form letter" response.

I'm not against the NAACP, but IMO, their need for funding sometimes overshadows their principles. I hope this is truly a genuine change for the organization and not just empty words.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbread View Post
    I'm not against the NAACP, but IMO, their need for funding sometimes overshadows their principles. I hope this is truly a genuine change for the organization and not just empty words.
    I'm not against them either, but I really do think they're out of touch. I hope it's a time for change too with the NAACP, but the cynic in me thinks it's going to be a lot of bureaucracy and talk. Them including three paragraphs that they always end form letters with is a hint that they'll do the motions in the hopes that it will just blow over. They already have a fall guy as the president of the L.A. chapter resigned.
    Last edited by Scribetastic; 05-03-2014 at 02:58 AM.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@KLG and Kari

(multi quote isn't working for me right now)

I agree with both of you (and Kareem) about everyone getting their panties in a bunch over Sterling's "pillow talk" with his jump-off. I couldn't care less about what he said. I feel the same way about this situation that I did about the "Dog the Bounty Hunter" bruhaha. These fools were having a private conversation and sharing their thoughts one-on-one with a person they knew and trusted. They were not spouting their racist views on a public forum. They were secretly taped; they did not say what they said for general consumption. Even though what they said was foul, it was still wrong that their privacy was violated.

But make no mistake, I do not feel sorry for Sterling ONE. BIT. I figure this is karma paying him back for getting away with his ILLEGAL DISCRIMINATORY practices for the last 30 years. It was not lost on Andy Silver that David Stern turned a blind eye to Sterling's shenannigans all of this time. He should have been disciplined long ago, so now Andy is helping him make up for lost time. When I watched the press conference, one journalist had the nerve to ask Andy Silver why the NBA stood by and did nothing when Sterling was discriminating against blacks and Hispanics in housing and employment. Andy has been on the job for 3 months. He gave that chick a Celebrerie-worthy side eye and said "I can't speak to what happened in the past, but as soon as THIS issue came up, I acted upon it immediately." Then he looked at her like "OK, try it again if you want to." She sat her azz down. I. HOLLERED. Meanwhile, all the other high-ranking officials in the NBA and David Stern should be ashamed of themselves for allowing Sterling to continue on unpunished for all that time when he was clearly breaking the law. I wonder if anyone is going to call Stern out on Sterling's mess.

As for his side piece, all I can say is that I hope she has heauxed responsibly (shout out to Celebrerie again). She better have a condo or a house, PAID FOR, and in her name. And some money in the bank and some investments. Sterling's wife is suing her for the gifts he gave her, so she better have something stable she can keep to show for her, um... efforts. As someone alluded to upthread, this is NOT the first time he's revealed himself to her as a racist. The fact that she can willingly have sex with a man who despises who and what she is says alot about her. But then again, she's very young. She probably doesn't understand that someone can want to sleep with you and still think you are beneath them, and not give a damb about you as a person. It's all about power, control, and ownership (see slavery). Anyway, I hope she's saved up some cash because if not, she's going to have to get a job. There is NO WAY any old, ugly rich dude looking for arm candy is going to touch her with a 10 foot pole now because she's shown that she can't be trusted.
    ~Love the hair you have~

4. Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V. Stiviano says the old coot isn't racist:

And Lbell:

"WHAT'S WITH THE NAME?

Stiviano was born Maria Vanessa Perez in October 1982 in Los Angeles, but successfully petitioned to change her name to V. Stiviano in 2010. There's no explanation for what the name means, but her stated reason in the court filing was, "Born from a rape case and having yet been fully accepted because of my race." "

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123