Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Confessions of the lazy flippant Locer

1) I don't tie my locs down at night. Because, ain't nobody got time for that.

2) Every night while I sleep, my locs try to kill me. Either by forming a mass covering my nose and face, or wrapping around my neck. I know that tying them will help. I still can rarely muster up the energy to care all that much.

3) I wildly fluctuate about whether or not I'll cut on any given day. Last month I was gung-ho for a bob. This month, after snipping off a few inches in bunched ends, I was so anal-compulisive about my lenth that I replaced those few inches with some crochet extensions I made from some kinky human hair that was gifted to me. I like it so much that I snipped more bunched ends off and did the same. After repairing two full length locs (a "split" gone wrong) and a few more bunched-end-replacements, I'm almost out of hair, so I plan to get one more pack, do the rest of the bunched stiff fat ends, and maybe even even up some of the super short locs a bit. I'm having less and less qualms about having a bit another human's hair in my head, and less and less shame about my relentless quest for somewhat even length.

4) O,an that giant loc I split (which was on the tip top of my head, mind you), omg, I am SO glad that thing is gone. SO glad. I tried to love it. Tried to like it for what it was. But when I finally said, screw it, I'm going to either unravel this fat unsightly sucka, or try to split it, or cut it off and replace it with two, and DID it, my whole entire viewpoint of my hair skyrocketed. I just love everything about my locs now that that one has been split and lengthened to the same length as the rest of my locs. Maybe not that noticeable to others, but extremely noticeable to me, and my opinion is the most important one that matters to me. I seriously should have taking care of that fat sucker a long time ago.

5) I do a little bit of an extra hair flip at little old bug-eyed white chicken bitties staring aghast when they see my long locs with neatly cropped bangs. Close your mouth sweetheart. That's right, we can grow length too. And no, you don't have to be a Thug, or practically Lil Wayne to have locs. I bet you didn't even know that, did you honey? One lady at a gas station was talking to her little granddaughter while in the process of staring me down so hard that I thought she was talking to me. May I PLEASE have my face back??

6) Even though I kinda fixed the length and bunching into something more livable, my long length days are probably numbered. I don't think I can do another summer like this. It is HAWT under here.

7) if I never see another bobby pin again, it will be too soon. No matter what I do, or how I do it, after about 1 hour, those things are digging into my scalp having me running to the bathroom in the middle of whatever coiffed event is going on, to search them out & pull them the heck out of my head for sweet relief. So glad they are long enough to tie and stay up without bobby pins. Longer even length helps so much with that. (See? Still oscillating between short and long over here.)

add your list of loc confessions
    Last edited by coalblacklocs; 07-02-2014 at 01:31 AM.
    Thanks to whoever panked me!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After much contemplation, as of three weeks ago, I finally cut my locs into a bob thingie. The best thing I could have ever done. I do not miss all that hair. The way I am feeling, I may never let my locs grow midway down my back again. I think I am going to keep them short (or shorter)! Less work and wash day is a blast.
    Last edited by Serbbral; 07-02-2014 at 09:07 PM.
    Never Underestimate ANYONE

3. Likes coalblacklocs, DarkLocs98 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am at least as lazy as you are.

5. Likes coalblacklocs, Cheekysmile, Custard, Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey there coalblack!
    can you empty your inbox?

7. Thanks coalblacklocs thanked for this post
    Likes coalblacklocs liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do people call themselves lazy? I call it proper perspective. We have a lot of important things in our lives. We have to have priorities. Hair just doesn't make the top 10 list. Nothing wrong with that.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

9. Likes Custard, ValleyOfDecision liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    hey there coalblack!
    can you empty your inbox?
    I emptied it.

Sometimes being self-depreciating isn't all that serious or deep.
    Thanks to whoever panked me!

11. Likes ~GAN~, AuNappturale liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@CBL , @Seb isn't it something? When you finally, patiently get 'there' - to the length you thought you always wanted, it's not all that it's cracked up to be?

I enjoyed your post - it took me back and the realization that long - lock maintenance IS work and hot! - I felt bamboozled too, lol! Glad you are finding solutions that work!

I don't know what I'll do but I promised that I would grow to BSL, knowing that's lock maturity for me, then maintain at a shoulder lengthened bob- until we see what the future holds . Have fun with it! It's yours!
    Last edited by KnottyAuthor; 07-05-2014 at 06:43 PM.

13. Likes coalblacklocs, ~GAN~, Serbbral, Desdesdes liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate...never been into doin much. Just wash, dry and that's it. 1 product. Don't even try to style anymore and I feel you on the bobby pin thing. Too many headaches with those. I don't separate anymore (never really did). lol They will be when they get reti'd. Its already a hairstyle in itself which drew me to locs in the first place! I've always loved your locs by the way.
    Last edited by ~GAN~; 07-05-2014 at 05:39 PM.

15. Thanks coalblacklocs thanked for this post
    Likes Serbbral, KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i admit...i use a loc sock because i dont want to be bothered with manicuring
    also....i think my locs are beginning to form into one loc....my hair is turning into a tree!!!

17. Likes coalblacklocs, ~GAN~, Custard liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wash every two weeks. The end
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.