Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why didn't I transition sooner?

Hello everyone I'm a newbie and ready to learn. As a child I was pressed & curled ever Sunday up until the age of twelve and then I started to care for my own hair. That's when I was introduced to relaxers. I had poor hair care practices up until the ripe age of 30yrs old so sad lol. I began a regimen and my relaxed hair thrived my hair grew to apl. I have always had very thin and fine hair and it never looked that great relaxed I had to do a lot to make it presentable. Now I'm in my 40's and I figured its time for change so I wore my hair in wigs and weaves for a year while I transitioned and then big chopped but I had no clue how to care for my newly natural hair I hadn't even seen my natural hair since I was twelve yrs old. So I ended up damaging my hair wich is why I'm here. I'm now working on a regimin and my hair is starting to improve. I just wish I would have done it sooner because I have fallen in love with natural hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, well it's never too late to fall in love so congrats to you and welcome.

Your story reads like most Black girls all over the world. By the time we're in our 20's we are just alienated from our natural texture.
    Last edited by Miss T; 07-26-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can definitely relate to some of the things you mentioned, like growing up with relaxers and getting my hair pressed since a young age, then trying to take care of my hair on my own and not really knowing how to properly care for it. I too wish I went natural much sooner. I absolutely love natural hair and since going natural and really learning how to care for my hair I have gotten so much growth. I would like to share with you my youtube channel where I give tips on natural hair and hair growth. I think it can really help you and I have lots more helpful videos coming. Also if you have any questions I always answer!
    Last edited by Miss T; 07-26-2014 at 10:42 PM. Reason: see moderator or board owner for explanation

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Why didn't I transition sooner?

Welcome to NP. Don´t beat yourself too much for not doing it sooner..Better late than never at all..
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    Loc´d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012