Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

{{{hugs}}} I'm sorry you're going through this...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did. It took 3 cuts until it got to the shape I wanted; but that was fine. it's not hard. Just cut on an angle Not blunt (horizontally). So, let us know what you do/did!?
    It may do something like this as it unravels at the cut: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or...74b8b2395e.jpg

I'm still a fan of curly q's so I think it's pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by coalblacklocs View Post
    god, i posted a long reply, and then it deleted by accident.

I'm wondering if maybe I should cut my own bob, though.

I kinda don't want no one looking at my hair in this state.
    Last edited by KnottyAuthor; 08-16-2014 at 11:15 AM.

3. Thanks coalblacklocs thanked for this post
    Likes Lockolatte liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I took a page from your book, KnottyAuthor, and I cut it into a chin-length bob last night. It looks a WHOLE lot better than it did at first, but it's still kinda wonky. then again, it tends to be wonky after being cut, and needs a bit of time, washings, loosenings, retightenings before cut parts look right, so I'll wait it out for now. My head feels lighter, and hopefuly it will take drying time down enough that i will be comfortable washing 2 times a week.

I will get pictures up after I wash it good and get some buildup out of it.
    Last edited by coalblacklocs; 08-17-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    Thanks to whoever panked me!

5. Thanks Lockolatte thanked for this post
    Likes KnottyAuthor, QueenLocks liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, life got busy and hectic and I got a few pics here and there but never any serious ones with my good camera.

Since I posted this, i went to a salon to get my hair trimmed. This wasn't a natural salon, but the stylist did have some experience with locs. We didn't quite see eye-to-eye about hair things and loc methods. Also I ran into that thing where people down here can't fathom that people with long hair would like, purposefully cut it. I kept telling her that I may be on my way towards getting rid of my locs, and going back to a barber regularly,but i wanted to try an edgy cut first, and that I wanted the back shaved a little. She cut the bob and then left the back unshaved because "I'm leaving them there so that they'll be there when you grow it out..." I told her I wanted it shaved, and she was hesitant, and I told her, she didn't understand. I was close to ready to get rid of my locs anyway. I have no plans of "growing it out". at all. period. She doesn't have to worry about what I'm going to do with the back locs to "grow it out" because my next stop is most likely going to be the barber's chair in the near future anway. So she finally shaved the back, and cut it a little bit higher and gave it a bit of an angle in the back.

and omg, I have been in love ever since. It was a few weeks ago when she did that. I dealt with some unraveling (not just unraveling, but unraveling PUFFY ends. I am *not* for pom-pom ended locs, thankyouverymuch) and kinda remedied that by experimenting with various, likely non-nappturality approved products. (Yall don't understand the struggle with slippery hair. but don't worry! it wasn't wax! Never that. )

But omg, I am in love with my hair. I never even missed my long dreads for a moment. LIke, I never ever even thought about them again. I almost forgot that my hair was long a few short months ago. It dries a lot quicker now and my scalp is a *bit* healthier (not perfect, but I'll deal with it for now.)

I have wanted a bob ever since forever, as a kid even. I tried to get one with straight hair, but that didn't work because my hair resisted all methods of straightining, and went completely rogue when it was cut. I tried to get a bob with braids, but the braider I used was just (shew) a nut. And it looked horrible. I tried a bob curly, but I'm just not a fan of curly bobs. (I prefer curls in other types of cuts.) I feel like I *finally* got the bob I always wanted, and I don't think I"m going back any time soon.

I'm so glad that my husband convinced me to try a bob before I cut my locs off. Also, it is soooo much easier to wash now, and it dries faster, and I think that alone has led to a slight improvement on my scalp. It's also easier to wash often as well, since i don't have to lug around wet dreads forever between washes any more. So I think this was an excellent decision.
    Last edited by coalblacklocs; 10-06-2014 at 04:59 AM.
    Thanks to whoever panked me!

7. Likes Desdesdes, Serbbral liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: kinda not feeling it no more...

Sorry for the late response. Just wanted to let you know that I have the same scalp issues as you and all the other medicated shampoos don't seem to work that well. They are formulated for folks with dandruff or psoriasis mainly. The only thing that I've found that really seems to work is Nizoral shampoo. I recommend trying that (if you can find it-- Walmart, Target, etc). When I had baby locks, I would put it in an applicator bottle with mostly water and apply it to my scalp. You can aso lather it up and rub it on your eyebrows/forehead/nose, anywhere you have it on your skin, being careful not to get it in your eyes. Good Luck. HTH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12