Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Random Thoughts And Purposeful Workouts Yet Again

@Alecto

The last thread closed before I could answer, but no, I'm not taking martial arts. Fighter Fit is a lot of conditioning and body weight exercises with some weight training mixed in. There's also some boxing skills partner work.

My very first class messed me up! I was wiped out and kinda nauseated after. I was good to go my second class a few days later, though.
    This is the class description:

Fighter Fit (gloves required)

Dynamic conditioning mixes body weight exercises from boxing, kickboxing, wrestling and jiujitsu with weight training in a high intensity group atmosphere that will push you to the next level of personal fitness.

Workouts may also incorporate kettlebells, sandbags, medicine balls, wall balls, sand bags, Bulgarian bags, battle ropes, suspension trainers, box jumps, pull-ups, burpees and more... Its hard but FUN!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dayna, that class sounds awesome. I love the description. I know how you feel about that first class, though. The warm-up made me feel like I just wouldn't make through the whole thing(lol), and then it took me forever to recover. Second class was harder because of some harder exercises, but I could tell I wa fitter.

4. Likes dayna liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel you on the warmups! After jumping rope for several minutes, my legs are jelly, and then I'm supposed to do jumping jacks/burpees/squats/squat jumps, etc etc after that?! OMG! It's good, though. You feel like you really did something after you leave the class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Successful at 3 workouts for 2 weeks, now adding one more day this week....working my way up to 5 days a week. All I want (crave) is water and protein, thank heavens the tide is turning and sweets and junk are slowly but surely becoming less appealing!
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

8. Likes Ororo, dayna liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had another MMA Basics class at New Breed Academy today. My class was at 10 and at 9.15 I was still debating whether to go or not lol. I'm so glad I went. You know how the saying goes- "you'll never regret doing a workout, but you'll always regret skipping one." The warm-up is STILL kickin' my butt (must crosstrain in apartment complex's swanky-looking, newly renovated gym).

We did more headlock stuff, but we focused on how to get out of it if someone is on top of you in mount. Intricate technique with a lot of details, but everyone got it in the end. I hope our instructor has us doing this again on Saturday.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Triceps are looking pretty good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

11. Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For last few weeks, I've been sticking with the training program on my Nike app. More specifically, it's week 1 schedule. So that's 30 mins on Tuesday that I do at a sustained pace, 30 mins of elliptical on Wednesday, 20 mins on Friday that I will do on the treadmill from now on so that I can do it at high speed (and it's a mandatory training period at work anyway so that way the higher ups will see my face) and finally a long run (50 mins so far but I will go for an hour next weekend) on Saturdays at an easy pace.

I thought that I'd get tired of exercising four days a week but I like it so far, especially since I train in the morning. Heck I don't even mind having my iPod wake me up for the Saturday run.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Thursday, I got a flyer from a friend about a kettlebell workout at a gym near our school. We have lunch from 11:45 to 1PM. The class is two blocks away and is from 12 to 12:45, three times a week. I know that some of my classmates go to a spinning class at the same gym during that same time block and they're never late. So I'm going to try. I paid for twelve classes in advance to spur me on. My first class is on Monday. I'm looking forward to it.
    AKA: fuzzy_slippers

Still Nappy. Still Happy, ya'll!

14. Likes Ororo, gigglezk liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^How was your kettlebell class, Squiggly?

MMA class was a killer today (I enjoyed the heck out of it) . It was test day, as is the end of every month. There were some techniques I have never encountered and some I've been doing since the get-go. It's optional to test, but everyone who tested passed. My instructor said I would have passed if I had tested =). I'm going to do another 30 day free trial at another gym, but I'll probably come back to this one and sign up.

It's been more than 12 hours since this class, and my body is still feelin this one, and this was my sixth class.
    Last edited by Ororo; 08-29-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kettlebell class was great! The guy teaching the class was shaped like a kettlebell himself. Just big and round in the middle and little handlebar legs. At first I was like, This no-neck ham planet is the fitness instructor? GTFOOHWTBS! But then I was like, I'm being hard on this guy for no reason. I don't know why he's in the shape he's in and it's not my business. Then his workout kicked my butt. Just when I thought it couldn't get any tougher, he corrected my form. So that's what I get for fat shaming. The class was small. There were only six students, so he could correct everyone individually.

I am so sore today! My butt has that hard bicycle seat feeling from the goblet squats.

I found out that my classmates in spin class don't change into workout clothes. They just hop on the bikes in uniform and go straight back to class and work when they're done. They also carpool to the gym with some friends. I spent a few minutes hunting down a parking space. By the time I did that and changed into my gym clothes, I was about five minutes late for the kettlebell class. Then I left the class ten minutes early so I could wash up, get dressed and get back to class. Being late to kettlebell's not a big deal. Being late for Arabic Grammar Lecture can get me removed from the course.

I have a lot of exams this week. I missed yesterday's kettlebell class. There was a scheduling mixup with the listening lab. My class had to wait for the another class to finish, so our exams started 45 minutes late. We couldn't leave the area until everyone had turned in their answer packets. By the time that was done, kettlebell was half over. Instead of going to the gym after class, I went for a jog with a friend who's trying to lose some pregnancy weight. We didn't go very fast. We were still able to converse and we were practicing for today's oral exam.

Tomorrow, I'll meet with my study group from 8 to 10:30am. Kettlebell starts at noon. Then I have tutoring from 3-5pm. But it's not unusual for about half the group to text at 7:30 that the group's getting pushed to 1pm. If that happens, then I'll just go to KB class and catch up with them on Saturday. I already have the weekend's homework and I can do it on my own. Plus, I don't want back to back study group and tutoring session straight after a workout. I'd probably fall asleep.

I saw this on YT just now. I want to be like her when I grow up. Maybe I'll be the World's Oldest Parkour Granny in 30 years.

Last edited by Squiggly; 08-29-2014 at 12:33 AM.
    AKA: fuzzy_slippers

Still Nappy. Still Happy, ya'll!

17. Likes underthehood liked this post
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast