Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I've backed off of the frenzied pace that I was training to get into some type of shape for Atlanta. Dispite the fact that I managed to pull this off, my fitness and stamina sucked big time. I'm now training for the Race for the Cure event here on Oct. 5th. I started from scratch and have been training at a 4.2 pace, and I'm working to increase my stamina and endurance. So week before last, I started running just a mile at that pace with a goal to gradually increase my distance and each I hit each mile stone with ease. So last week, I increased my distance to 1.25 miles. The reason I'm being so cautious is because I know if you increase your distance of pace two quickly, it could cause injury. I know I didn't train properly for ATL so now that I've got the time that's what I've got to do. So today, my goal was to get to 1.5 miles to see how I felt. If I felt good, then I also had listen to my body and decide how my knees, legs and feet felt. I did, and everything was a go. So at the 1.5 mark and did another quarter of a mile and finished a 1.75 miles at the 25:05 mark. Although I felt like I could keep going, I forced myself to stop and finish up when I got to two miles. Did a cool down and for some strange reason, as I cool down, I start getting foot cramps. Keeps happening. Not sure what's going on with that. It's always something, dag!

Oh, and we got our race day photos. Can't believe that there was only ONE of me. Eh, oh well, I guess I should be glad to get that one. Here it is, I'm sprinting to the finish line. Maybe one day, lol, I'll work on my form!
    Name:  Sprinting toward the Finish BGR Atlanta 2014.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  11.4 KB
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

2. Likes Savvyone, Ororo, yround, Lockolatte liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been strictly chicken, fish, eggs, veggies and fruit, nuts and ONLY water since Monday am...IT IS HARD! 7 more days (it's a 10 day "reset" in eating habits from the whoops I had too many indulgences summer)...the bad part is I went ova board on sweets over the weekend AND some likka (which I never do) so ...the "lack of sugar" headache came with a vengeance last nite so I did pop an Excedrin but I've felt rather good today...I did go like 6-7 hours w/o eating yesterday so that could have been it too....need to make sure I bring at least 2 meals to work and make sure I keep fruit and some almonds/walnuts at the desk when my tummy gets grumbly.....anyhoo I'm looking forward to slowly bringing back other foods or I may stick with it longer than 10 days if I can get creative with the recipes!
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Savvyone View Post
    I've been strictly chicken, fish, eggs, veggies and fruit, nuts and ONLY water since Monday am...IT IS HARD! 7 more days (it's a 10 day "reset" in eating habits from the whoops I had too many indulgences summer)...the bad part is I went ova board on sweets over the weekend AND some likka (which I never do) so ...the "lack of sugar" headache came with a vengeance last nite so I did pop an Excedrin but I've felt rather good today...I did go like 6-7 hours w/o eating yesterday so that could have been it too....need to make sure I bring at least 2 meals to work and make sure I keep fruit and some almonds/walnuts at the desk when my tummy gets grumbly.....anyhoo I'm looking forward to slowly bringing back other foods or I may stick with it longer than 10 days if I can get creative with the recipes!
    Awe, it does get better. I eat like this the majority of the time. But honestly, I did it gradually over some years, and not all at once. I don't even think I could have done that at the drop of a hat. So after your seven days are up, then what?
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6. Likes Napia Mia, dayna, underthehood liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^

YAAASSS!

Get it, Gramma!

I loved pushing the Prowler during my workouts!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

8. Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hit a major milestone with my running today. For the first time in a long time I ran 2 miles without stopping. Ive got 13 more days til our Race for the cur 5K event. I'm hoping I can build my stamina to 3.1 miles by then. Also of the 46 pounds that I gained this winter, I've now lost 19 pounds. The size 18s I had to buy are getting bigger on me every day. My goal is to loose seven more pounds by my birthday which is October 21st. Then I'll only have 20 more pounds to get rid of everything I gained last winter. It sure will be nice to get back into my clothes. ~Perseverance.
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 09-23-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    June 24th

10. Likes underthehood, Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hit day 10 of the strict detox tomorrow....it's not half bad, I just really missed missed having a juicy burger/steak, sweets not so much....shoot at this point sweet potatoes and bananas curb my sweet tooth! Need to get my workouts back on track and then I'm on my way to really getting in shape this holiday season!
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ankles hurt. I desperately need a new pair of shoes. I have low arches...guess that qualifies me as flat footed and I underpronate, meaning I roll my feet to the outside. When I wear my shoes out, the midsole starts sloping to the outside.

So yesterday, I thought I just do the elliptical. But running is so addictive. So after doing about 20 minutes of treadmill dancing, I ran a mile. Increased my pace from 4.2 to 4.3. Could hardly tell the difference. I really should give my legs, feet and ankles a rest today though.

In other news, I got on the scale this morning and am down yet another pound. Yay me!
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Savvyone View Post
    I hit day 10 of the strict detox tomorrow....it's not half bad, I just really missed missed having a juicy burger/steak, sweets not so much....shoot at this point sweet potatoes and bananas curb my sweet tooth! Need to get my workouts back on track and then I'm on my way to really getting in shape this holiday season!
    Yay! You did it!
    June 24th

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and today since I wasn't restricted I poured myself some lemonade, one sip was all I could take ....it was just too sweet and really gross....I'm really going to test my tastebuds and tummy reactions to everything from here on out...some stuff will just be occasional and some will go completely. I was really beginning to worry feeling sick all the time...couldn't put my finger on it just didn't feel well, one of the reasons I was happy about the detox ....I had tests run and nothing, but around day 8 of the detox I woke up and felt SO GOOD and it has lasted all week long. I think reaching for and consuming healthy foods even during times of high stress - like now - somehow lowers my stress and gives me that clear headed everything's gonna be alright feeling....sleeping better too....if sugar and processed carbs was essentially making me feel sick then I'm more than willing to eat myself well....this was a very enlightening experience for me.

15. Likes Ororo liked this post
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast