Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Random thoughts of Students and Workers...Living for semester breaks and annual l

Final grades

B, B-, A, A-. Not what I was aiming for but it's what I earned and that's just fine with me .

I'm glad that the semester is over. My program is 1/3 complete - yay me .
    Last edited by Cutie McPretty; 12-21-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Locs 2nd Set: April 3rd 2012 - Yup they're back

2. Likes meagan22, KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just feel like throwing up my hands and calling it quits sometimes. I really do.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo, this place......I WILL NOT be here this time in 2015. WILL. NOT. The CLIENT will have to hire me at this point and they're going to have to make me an offer so LOADED that MAYBE I'd consider working for them.

MAYBE.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Random thoughts of Students and Workers...Living for semester breaks and annual l

Barely held on to my 4.0 last semester (damn managerial accounting )but I'm hoping to do better this semester. Only 3 classes but I'm working more days, so that cuts into study/homework time.

6. Likes Cutie McPretty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8. Likes Ororo, afrocherie liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I go through our admin filesto get an idea of what I'm SUPPOSED to be learning this week at the supervisor's encouragement.

NONE of the annual paperwork that's due every year was done AT. ALL. NONE! All I could think when I saw it was "NO RENEWAL OF CONTRACT". This is basically the documentation that keeps us EMPLOYED. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. To say I'm NOT SURPRISED is an even bigger understatement.

Combined with my husband being a complete a$$ and hardly getting ANY sleep as of late I'm mentally SPENT right now. Just...WTF do I do NOW...?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never thought I'd be one of those students who complained about a teacher's accent. I don't usually have a problem understanding foreign professors but I have to alert the department. She has problems with oral communication and comprehension and most of the class is struggling be cause of it. The lessons get side tracked because she can't respond to the questions students have and when another student tries to explain it seems that she gets even more confused. Something has to change, because I don't think she'll be able to get away with failing 15-20 students because she's not a clear instructor.
    Last edited by meagan22; 01-25-2015 at 05:31 PM.

11. Likes underthehood liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ ya when it moves from being an "accent problem" to an actual communication issue then something needs to be done. You can be a fluent English speaker with a ridiculously strong foreign accent. But it's still English and I'll understand you.

Had this Chinese prof once with a really heavy accent. He was great! Totally owned it. This was him on the first day of class:

"You here to learn chemistry. Not the English. You wanna complain about my accent? Go! Go, complain to the department. But I'm a gooood teacher. And I'm funny too. Stick around long time ("stick around long enough") and you learn some chemistry and some good jokes too."

Best chem class I ever took.
    Last edited by underthehood; 01-25-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    ----------It is not the eyes that are blind, but the hearts - Quran 22:46 ----------
    ╔═══╗
    ║███║ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    ║ (o) Now Playing: Confessions of a Long Hair Diva
    ╚═══╝

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just aa I thought, our contract IS up for grabs. Unfortunately, two individuals--one of those two in particular--ARE NOT making us look good as a company, and the site manager hasn't been much help.

Leaving it at God/Deity/Universe's feet. This situation is beyond my control at this point and honestly, I'm ready to move on.

Clear a path, that's all I'm asking.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated my resume, applied for a position with another company, will be applying for more this week/end once I update my wardrobe for work. Someone ended themselves in front of the building and I've had ENOUGH of this site manager. NONE of our client specific paperwork has been done, the client DOES NOT want to renew (it seems), she does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in regards to daily operations, she FAILED AGAIN to prepare staff for inclement weather, the supervisor is fried from carrying her workload, I'M fried from carrying the run off from the supervisor in addition to my personal schedule, the client is PISSED with her refusal to fire problematic staff, everyone's fed up, and it's time to GO. I don’t care what happens anymore; it's TIME TO GO.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast