Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Curling bobbed locs under

I recently cut my hair to a chin length bob. I'm drawing a blank on how to tie it at night in order to keep it curved under. It doesn't look very good when it's stick straight. (I am still loving it, though.)

i wash my hair twice per week (sooooooooooo much easier since the cut), and I let it dry and then I set it on sponge rollers the first night. This gives it a bouncy thing, which is ok, but I never achieve what I would like to be my "signature style" until I tie it down flat the second night. The next day it is perfect. But then by the time I tie it down again the 3rd night, it's has continued falling and is on it's why to looking stick straight again.

i remember back in my permed days, to preserve this look a bit longer, I wrapped at night. (Only occasionally because my hair was so thick and wrapping was frequently a huge frustration.)

i don't...think...it would work to wrap my locs around my head the same way, right? They are about finger width and pretty thick.

Is there some way I could tuck them under the wrap that would preserve the curve that I'm not thinking of right now? Sometimes people have simple tricks for stuff and I'm like, wow, that was so obvious, why didn't i think of that? Short locs are new to me so I need to relearn some things, I guess. And also I don't see many people with bobbed locs on the net so I am having trouble confirm sources for info on how to do things.

sorry for any silly errors. Typing on my phone and autocorrect is not cooperating.
    Thanks to whoever panked me!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not just put a few rollers on your ends every other day?
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, because curlers makes it stand out more than what I was looking for. It's hard to explain without pics, I guess.

But I think I could try that and see how it works. It's starting to get a bit easier, though. I'm learning more about how it behaves at this length and what works. Spritzing it with aloe juice before tying it flat makes it set in a curve a bit easier than just tying it flat. I had been slacking on the spritzing.

It's also growing too fast! I'm going to get it trimmed by a professional this week.

I always tell people that if they think their hair is growing too slowly, get it trimmed into a style that they really really like. And notice how, seemingly out of nowhere, it's not in your adored style any more, because it has grown and you need a trim.

I'm thinking about having the bottom nape row of locs shaved off and tapered and having back part cut a bit higher to give my bob more of an angle. I'll see if the stylist thinks that's a good idea, or if it will look weird.

I have not loved my hair this much in a long long time. I have always wanted a bob. I use to pine for one and try to get it that way with the creamy crack back in the day. When I first relapsed, it was in attempts to get this bob. But I did not walk away with the look I wanted because both my scalp AND my hair fought the chemicals for everything it was worth. I had tried with braids a couple times. But that was not good either, because my hair is very slippery in synthetic hair, and it did not hold well. I was not fond of the curly bob on me. My hair was very wide, and looked like an upside down pyramid. This is the very first time I have had the shape I want and it worked out so well.

4. Likes Lockolatte liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mostly spritzed with water, did a plaited 2 strand twist, then turned the ends under and secured with a coated rubber band for that 'bump' under. Not every night. It worked well enough…also braid outs turned under with pipe cleaners for a curly look (or just a pipe cleaner curl on damp hair)? Might work for you?…ps I like your cut! No, I LOVE IT!

HTH!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6855-vi.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	10638Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1492-vi.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	10639

6. Likes coalblacklocs liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful, Knotty Author! I have not tried a braid-out yet. I think I'll have to see how that comes out looking.

8. Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coalblack your hair looks really cute!

10. Thanks coalblacklocs thanked for this post
    Reviews