Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Welcome Newbies!

I think moving to AZ may have something to do with the loss. At least, that is what I've been told is a possibility. I went to a dermatologist when this first started and she told me that the change in climate could be a cause. Was told to condition and keep hair moisturized. I've done all of that and no help! I do have noticeable patches of very short hair, but my scalp is not showing yet. The 'longer' hair is thinning very badly. Since wearing wigs, I keep my hair braided. The braids use to be think now they are VERY thin. I cant imagine I'll have enough hair to braid for much longer. I use The Mane Choice hair products and also Camille Rose. I deep condition once a week. There are no chemicals in my hair. Not sure what else to do.

2. Likes deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely a big change like a move can play havoc with your hair, and I think you are going to have to wait this one out and see what happens. If you don't yet know about the phases of hair growth, check out my article here: HAIR GROWTH EXPLAINED. Depending on when in the cycle your hair has been falling, the time to grow back may be different in different parts of your head. And it will be uneven until the different phases balance out.

Quote Originally Posted by oolala30 View Post
    I think moving to AZ may have something to do with the loss. At least, that is what I've been told is a possibility. I went to a dermatologist when this first started and she told me that the change in climate could be a cause. Was told to condition and keep hair moisturized. I've done all of that and no help! I do have noticeable patches of very short hair, but my scalp is not showing yet. The 'longer' hair is thinning very badly. Since wearing wigs, I keep my hair braided. The braids use to be think now they are VERY thin. I cant imagine I'll have enough hair to braid for much longer. I use The Mane Choice hair products and also Camille Rose. I deep condition once a week. There are no chemicals in my hair. Not sure what else to do.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone! I’m a newbie. I have had locs for almost 9 months now. I have a dandruff problem I’m battling right now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don’t want to over wash but it seems like I can’t go more than a week between washes. I oil my scalp but it becomes extremely dry in a day. Help!

5. Likes Intellexual liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey my natural fam!! I'm new to this channel and interested to see who else appreciates using natural herbal remedies to grow HEATHY, THICK, LONG hair? I'm on a natural hair journey to using more natural hair remedies such as essential oils, shea butter, aloe, onion juice, etc to incorporate in my own DIY (do it yourself) hair products.

Like many of you, I'm trying to grow my hair longer during this quarantine. And with my background as a nurse, I've utilized research to find the best natural remedies fir my hair that's been PROVEN to work through research!

So I've created a YouTube channel demonstrating ion I make and use these natural hair products so if interested, please come take a look and if don't forget to subscribe so you can see more videos!

my YouTube name is Holistic Beauty RN

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Lory.

Dandruff may be from dry or irritated scalp. Keeping a moisturized scalp is essential. I have been natural for 8 years now and have recently become more invested in researching all natural herbal remedies for hair growth/moisturization/decreasing breakage and found some all natural remedies which I've also been making my own hair products as well. Have you tried castor oil/rosemary oil/peppermint oil? Peppermint oil especially has been researched and proven to help prevent dry, itchy, irritable scalp. Castor oil is an intense moisturizer and aides in keeping the scalp moisturized. Rosemary oil helps promote hair growth.

I hope this helps and feel free to reach out and ask questions if needed.

I upload videos weekly to my YouTube channel Holistic Beauty RN showing how I make and use these all natural hair remedies. Best of luck to you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. Lola here. Just joined. Trying to update my profile and can’t seem to figure out how to do that. �� Thanks for any help. Update: figured it out. ��
    Last edited by karaoke_lola; 06-03-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karaoke_lola View Post
    Hi. Lola here. Just joined. Trying to update my profile and can’t seem to figure out how to do that. �� Thanks for any help. Update: figured it out. ��
    Hi there, click on your name to go to your profile. This is the link where it takes you: https://www.nappturality.com/forums/...7-karaoke_lola
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! I still haven’t figured out how to add a picture...

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karaoke_lola View Post
    Thanks! I still haven’t figured out how to add a picture...
    Hey just click the little picture of the tree in the icon bar above the message.
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I'm from New York, I joined this forum to get ideas for hair care.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast