Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Welcome Newbies!

Hello to all of you. I am completely new to this forum or any forum at all. I dont usually do this type of thing but I am so fed up to where I am in tears about my hair. I am 20 years old and starting out on this venture to do my own hair. I have a multi textured head of hair so much so that I do not even know what different type of textures I have in my head. My hair is moisturized and my ends are not split and my hair continues to grow from an incident where I tried to get a relaxer at 16 and I had to cut my hair off. However I cannot seem to do anything to my hair except put it in a bun or get a weave installed. I have tried wearing the fro but the front of my hair is completely straight and I assure you it isnt heat damage and it isnt the relaxer seeing as it has already been all cut out. My hair gets a tangled, matted mess and that is a no go. I have tried the wash an go but my hair is such a mess it doesnt even seem like I have a curl pattern, its just a big poofy glob of thick hair sitting on top of my head. I have tried the perm rod sets and left them in for more then a day but the curls never take in the middle or back of my head so it just goes into a bun. I have tried the twist outs that doesnt take either ever. I haven't put heat in my hair in two years, because I keep hearing if you use heat your not natural. I have even tried that brazilian keratin treatment when I was 18 and that didn't end up well so another big chop followed that. I am reduced to tears every single morning when I look in the mirror and see my hair. So much though that I feel ugly without my weave, or long braids. I watch endless amount of videos on youtube and none of these women have hair like mine. I try to use their tips but they never work. Even when I look up girls with 4c hair it still doesn't work because I have more then one texture in my head. I am just so confused and hurting. I need help so bad.

2. Likes Miss T liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Lexi You aren't alone. We all have different textures on our head-gift. All you need to do is get a good trim/cut, drink water, moisturize and protect and care your hair back to health. You're in the right place. Be careful with YT videos and make sure what you watch has a follow up video to show the results whether pos/neg! Welcome!
    Miss T
    Sr. NappRegulator

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting for me to try my new hairstyle! I'm feeling I could learn a lot here!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm here from London

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Everyone, I'm also here from London
    I initially joined some years ago but I cannot remember my old username and password...
    I am currently in the process of installing braidlocs and I'm extremely excited about this new hair journey

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and this right here is my story as well! can't remember my info AT.ALL... :-P

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I joined NP soooo long ago. I remember where I was at the time, and that was somewhere around 2003 or 2004. I was addicted to the forum, it was my "facebook" at the time. I am one month in, as far as loc'ing my hair so I decided to come back! The members here have always been super helpful!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm new!!!! Thanks for welcoming me!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello
    I am brand new to this site. I have been natural for years and loving it. I am hear to learn more about the care for natural hair. I can honestly say that I am blessed to have made the decision to go natural. I wore perms and weaves for years. When I went natural I felt so free. I found this website through google. Thank you & God bless!!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

back on my journey for the 5th time! i am currently transitioning and almost completely natural my go to styles are rod sets and clip ins, and now flat twists. i am working on a personal no-heat challenge as well as changing some things in my personal life and journey for evolution and spiritual growth....i'm very excited!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast