Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Welcome Newbies!

Welcome! Go here: https://www.nappturality.com/forums/...editprofilepic to change your picture (By the way, I am still in my loc journey so shy about it, don't want to display it yet)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, glad to be here. Looking forward to some interesting things.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm mostly interested in hair straightening techniques. I'll be reading those with great interest.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is their a particular link I can go to for information on that subject?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well damm i ask some questions and try to fit in round hear and yall aint to friendly it dont seem. I try to post elsewere and I get this.

Stylist Laguisha, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

whatsup with that. forget yall

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stylist Laguisha View Post
    well damm i ask some questions and try to fit in round hear and yall aint to friendly it dont seem. I try to post elsewere and I get this.

Stylist Laguisha, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

whatsup with that. forget yall
    Sorry about this. The forum was spammed with racist posts a few hours ago and I have been cleaning it up. All posting privileges have been restored now.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I’m Nicole and I have been natural for 3 years now. I have mostly done protective styles as I don’t have any talent in doing my own hair. I want to learn but feel daunted about where to start. I still don’t know basics, like how often should I use the LOC method, whether to wash or co-wash, and how to establish a regular hair care regimen. I keep hiding my natural hair because I simply don’t know what to do. And when I try to do my own hair, I get a lot of breakage. Help!

8. Likes deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nicole1773 View Post
    Hi, I’m Nicole and I have been natural for 3 years now. I have mostly done protective styles as I don’t have any talent in doing my own hair. I want to learn but feel daunted about where to start. I still don’t know basics, like how often should I use the LOC method, whether to wash or co-wash, and how to establish a regular hair care regimen. I keep hiding my natural hair because I simply don’t know what to do. And when I try to do my own hair, I get a lot of breakage. Help!
    Hi Nicole, welcome! Please start a new topic so we can reply to you directly @nicole1773
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello. I am new. Looking for a place to find out what to do about my hair and how to make it grow again. My hair use to be shoulder length but all that changed when I moved to Arizona a few years ago. My hair started shedding really bad and eventually, I lost so much of it that I had to start wearing pony tails. The shedding/breakage continued and then I had to start wearing wigs. Now my hair is very patchy and still coming out A LOT! I have been keeping my hair braided under the wigs but it still does not grow. My braids have been getting thinner and thinner so soon, I will have to chop off what is left of my hair and start completely over. I am scared to do that but not sure if there will be an other choice soon. I take down the braids once a week and deep condition my hair. On the daily, I oil my scalp and try to keep moisture in my hair. Not sure what is going on with my hair loss but nothing I do seems to counter it. I am hoping that I can find solutions and advice on this board. Just call me Desperate!! :-(

11. Likes deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello and welcome!

Hair loss can happen for a lot of reasons, internal ones like nutrition, medications, medical conditions, hormones and even stress. External reasons could be chemicals, water, products, UV --- Have you investigated any of these yet? Does it have anything to do with your move to Arizona? Sounds like a big change. Do you have noticeable bald spots or just overall thinning?

Quote Originally Posted by oolala30 View Post
    Hello. I am new. Looking for a place to find out what to do about my hair and how to make it grow again. My hair use to be shoulder length but all that changed when I moved to Arizona a few years ago. My hair started shedding really bad and eventually, I lost so much of it that I had to start wearing pony tails. The shedding/breakage continued and then I had to start wearing wigs. Now my hair is very patchy and still coming out A LOT! I have been keeping my hair braided under the wigs but it still does not grow. My braids have been getting thinner and thinner so soon, I will have to chop off what is left of my hair and start completely over. I am scared to do that but not sure if there will be an other choice soon. I take down the braids once a week and deep condition my hair. On the daily, I oil my scalp and try to keep moisture in my hair. Not sure what is going on with my hair loss but nothing I do seems to counter it. I am hoping that I can find solutions and advice on this board. Just call me Desperate!! :-(
    ~Dee~

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast