Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why wash your hair in the sink?

Wasn't raised washing my hair in the sink. Always in the shower or bathtub. What's the benefit?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Why wash your hair in the sink?

No benefit. Water is water. My family washed my hair in the sink because it was easier for them to wash it that way. When I grew up and began washing my own hair, I did it in the shower. The only other thing is that you are able to separate your hair care from the act of bathing.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've lived in several apartments where the water pressure was stronger in the sink than in the shower. Where I live now they've installed one of those rainfall fixtures. It's great for showering but for rinsing out goo-gobs of thick conditioner, not so much. It's cool, though: The sink faucet has a retractable hose nd a spray button. Everything in here is new so I'm not complaining.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Growing up, many older homes didn't have showers, so everyone I knew washed their hair in the sink...it was the norm. Well for girls and women. Boys, up til th 70s and fros could wash what little hair they had when they bathed. Most little girls had to lay on the counter on their backs with their head over the sink. Never was a comfortable way to get your hair washed. When you got tall enough to stand up over the sink in the kitchen then thats the way it was done. I dont thin i started washing my hair in the shower until i moved into my first apartment. Even then maybe i would do it in the sink so that i wouldnt have to take a shower just to do my hair. Especially if you're deep conditioning, or washing a protein treatment out. Who the heck wants to keep drying off and getting wet just to rinse their hair several times?
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not wash your hair in a sink? It [hopefully] has clean running water and plumbing to evacuate the dirty waste. So long as you put a mesh trap to catch your hair, I don't see what the problem is.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I had a filtered attachment to my sink, 'cause I'd sure wash my hair that way.

I didn't begin washing my hair in the shower until I became natural (again!) about 10 years ago.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The house I grew up in had a shower but it broke and my parents never bothered fixing it. In fact, it broke either before I was born or when I was young because I never remember it working.

As a result, washing our hair in the sink was the way to do it. What was funny was years later they partially remodeled the bathroom and installed a shower attachment in the bathtub. I was a teenager then and started washing my hair when I took a shower. However, it was pretty much certain then that the shower would never be fixed and would be a storage space.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Mom washed my hair, it was always leaning over the kitchen sink because it was easier for her. When I took over I washed my own hair in the shower....*even washing out the relaxer* in the shower. The Lord kept me. Lol!

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was young, my mom washed my hair in the kitchen sink. I would lay back like I was at a shampoo bowl. As I got older, I had to bend over the sink; that is so uncomfortable! Yet this was the norm in my family! When I first went natural, I thought washing hair in the shower was SO WEIRD. But it makes sense! It's more comfortable, easier, efficient, I love it! Some ppl don't wash their hair when they wash their body, so they opt for the sink. If I had a little girl, I'd do the bathtub washing until she was old enough to stand in the shower. Sink washing (laying back) would be a last resort.

ETA: Shower washing has a great benefit for me, DETANGLING under the shower stream standing up.... Helps a ton...
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay I get it. I never thought about not having access to a shower. My mom washed mine in the sink as a kid, but at some point we transitioned to the shower.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast