Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love my braids. That is all

I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research.- Sherlock

2. Likes underthehood, Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Giving thanks for random nappy thoughts

Today has been one of those "if you're going to wear it up all the time why don't you just cut it?" days. (Yeah, the latest WNG attempt was a fail.)
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm watching a YouTube video; and the girl is reviewing an LV purse. I really liked the video; she has a very down to earth personality. She kind of reminds me of Adrienne Bailon.

Well she proceeds to show what's in her purse, and she pulls out a conditioner, and says, "I carry this around, because obviously my hair is very long, and it gets dry."

What's wrong with that? Well from the minute I started watching the video, I could see that she was wearing a very nice "Beyonce" quality full lace wig. It's beyond hip length, with blonde highlights. Well maybe not that quality, since the wig had no "scalp" at the middle part she had. The hair had very little natural movement.

When you've been doing hair, and just into hair your whole life, it's not hard to recognize fake hair. And THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH WEARING A WIG if you like them.

BUT, it makes one WONDER what is going on psychologically, when one purposefully has to LIE about it. She had on a TON of makeup, too...

***You can really see it in her "Get Ready with Me" video. And she says, "My hair is extremely long..." (> )> She must really think people are stupid.
    Last edited by CoilyHairedBeauty; 12-10-2014 at 03:41 AM.
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoilyHairedBeauty View Post

When you've been doing hair, and just into hair your whole life, it's not hard to recognize fake hair. And THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH WEARING A WIG if you like them.

BUT, it makes one WONDER what is going on psychologically, when one purposefully has to LIE about it.
    Maybe she doesn't consider it lying. Whether she bought the wig or it was gift then technically it is hers (she owns that hair), it's just not growing out of her scalp. That kind of thing annoys me too, though. If I'm wearing a wig or weave then I'll describe it as such if I'm discussing care and maintenance.

6. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This CoN edge slicker gel-stuff stinks.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoilyHairedBeauty View Post

BUT, it makes one WONDER what is going on psychologically, when one purposefully has to LIE about it. She had on a TON of makeup, too...
    I hear you...I'm not around women like this on a regular basis but when I have seen this behavior IRL, it just saddens me. Thing is, it's like everything else women do to make themselves into something they're not, or to give themselves something they don't have. The lying is what gets me.

Years ago I was waiting in line at a restaurant when this attractive lighter-skinned black woman says to me out of the blue, "Your skin is beautiful. You are so blessed to have that skin." It only took me a couple of seconds to see just how heavy her foundation was. I felt sad even as I thanked her. I've never been a big foundation wearer; I don't know what it's like to see it as a necessity.

(Just to be clear, she just gave me a compliment; I don't know if she lies about her skin or not. It was just a reminder to me to not take things for granted. There's always someone who wishes they had what you have...)

--

Now that I have a hankering to wear the WNG again, I can't seem to get it right. Maybe this is just the latest new phase my hair is going through. Maybe it's the weather (though it's been pretty nice lately, for December). Whatever it is, I think this weekend I'm going to shampoo with real (sulfate-free) shampoo just to get whatever crap is in my hair out of my hair, do a long-overdue protein DC followed by a moisture DC, and plait it up with the last of my QB AOHC.
    Last edited by LBellatrix; 12-13-2014 at 04:43 PM. Reason: *don't have
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

9. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I refused to be worried about my hair anymore. When I get tired of doing it myself, I will either get kinky twists, crochet braids or a curly weave.

I never wanted Type 3 hair. What I wanted was for my hair to hang to the bottom of my chin in its curly state. The way I'm going, my hair would have to be full BSL to do that. It would take forever and frankly I'm tired of worrying about getting it there.

I have a head full of hair, some people don't even have that (albeit I cut the very front by mistake when taking my crochet braids out) and I'm thankful.

" Why travel down her natural journey, when your own is so unique ?" ~ Cerendipity

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well personal milestone reached today: I actually did my hair.

Disclosure: since my brother died in February of this year I've been depressed and one of the ways it's manifested is I really just haven't been taking care of my hair. I mean no insects were flying out of it or anything. I've kept it washed but I haven't been really detangling it regularly I haven't been giving it trims or regular conditioning. I've just been Herky Jerky with my hair care, and you know I largely just existed by keeping it covered.

But I'm going out of town for work all next week it's my last shebang before Christmas and New Year. I don't remember what I did the last time I worked for this client I think I rocked headbands & what have you but I just really wanted to get that mess out of my hair and have my hair feel soft and nice and good again. It took all weekend, but now my hair is fully detangled. It feels great and I gave it a little mini-trim to hold me until I can see my friend Carla for a full trim and the steam deep conditioning treatment.

I guess this is a sign that I'm starting to do a little better.

(If anything doesn't make sense I dictated this on my phone using Siri)
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

12. Likes underthehood, MommieDearest liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember that time where I was completely satisfied with my hair, namely the length. It was a good feeling.

Then I remember the utter disappointment I felt in Fall 2011 when I hadn't reached mbl.

Then I shaved my head.

Yeah. I'm not 100% satisfied with my hair. I'm tired of looking at as a work in progress!!!! I want to be content.

I'm striving for mbl again, and I have the feeling I'm going to do something (NOT a cut)
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Rebel View Post
    Well personal milestone reached today: I actually did my hair. ...
    I guess this is a sign that I'm starting to do a little better.

(If anything doesn't make sense I dictated this on my phone using Siri)
    It made perfect sense and I know it's not much but {{{hugs}}}...You and your family are in my thoughts. Take care of yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by Cerendipity View Post
    I never wanted Type 3 hair. What I wanted was for my hair to hang to the bottom of my chin in its curly state. The way I'm going, my hair would have to be full BSL to do that. It would take forever and frankly I'm tired of worrying about getting it there.

I have a head full of hair, some people don't even have that (albeit I cut the very front by mistake when taking my crochet braids out) and I'm thankful.
    Some years ago I calculated how long my hair would have to be in order for it to sit on my shoulders in its shrunken state: 40 inches, which on me would be heading towards knee length stretched. I ain't seeing knee-length NOTHIN in this lifetime...even if I went back to locs I wouldn't let them get that long. It's just NOT THAT SERIOUS.

Also, even though I'm experiencing some thinning like most women my age, it's not nearly as bad as it would have been were I still hooked on the creamy crack. I know women my age and older who live in weaves and wigs because they don't have much hair left. I too am thankful for high-shrinkage, dense, coily, nappy-azz hair.

Side note, and speaking of women who don't have much hair left: Have y'all seen Whoopi's edges lately? I just happened to watch a snippet of The View and was like WHOA... She's been wearing loc extensions for a while now so in a way it was inevitable...

15. Thanks Cerendipity thanked for this post
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast